With all the chatter of BlackBerry phones going away do you think the Hub Suite for non BlackBerry phones will follow? I love the Suite on my S10. Inbox is the best email app on the market. Thoughts?
    08-28-19 08:04 AM
    Depends on subscriptions to consumers and to enterprise... if there is enough revenue generated it will continue.

Cobalt seems to have stopped posting here... if he stops his work on the BlackBerry Manager and most those users are forced to start paying, that might tip the scales.
    08-28-19 08:20 AM
    I wonder how many subscriptions they have sold?
    08-28-19 08:49 AM
    I fear the same. I love Inbox on my Pixel....at the very least I hope they sell it to a ready and willing developer.

Last Beta update was on July 29th....nearly a month ago.
    08-28-19 10:25 AM
    There were major updates to some of the apps a few months ago but I don't think any feature requests from the forum have been acknowledged in a while.
    08-28-19 11:20 AM
    I too love Hub/Inbox on my key2 and Mate 9. I think it's the best email client along with Outlook (but I use the former). I hope it continues.

Another question is what is going to happen to the Productivity Tab. I've been using it more lately and hope that doesn't go away either.
    08-28-19 11:23 AM
    feels like it's going away
    08-28-19 09:21 PM
    feels like it's going away
    What makes you say that?
    08-28-19 10:14 PM
    I don't know. Just lack of brand. lack of innovation.
    08-28-19 10:41 PM
    I don't know. Just lack of brand. lack of innovation.
    Man I hope you are wrong...the last true BlackBerry piece! I hope it lives forever.
    08-28-19 10:43 PM
    Well if TCL stops making phones, BlackBerry might phase out the apps as well.
    The number of downloads in Google play is still between 1-5 millions since 2016
    08-28-19 11:27 PM
    as a group, we should talk about alternate products that are just as good and respect privacy of the users. I have a Samsung S10 but I am reluctant to use Samsung Email app because I don't know much about it.

I know this is preemptive, but I'm still waiting for autofill fix on my password keeper that has been ignored forever
    08-29-19 08:33 AM
    Samsung's email app is, well, an email app.

Decent enough, and does pretty much what any email app does.

The only reason I don't use it is because it can't show sent messages with the main message list. So far, only the Hub Inbox does that.
    08-29-19 09:22 AM

The only reason I don't use it is because it can't show sent messages with the main message list. So far, only the Hub Inbox does that.
    I am wondering if that too is a BlackBerry patent...
    08-29-19 09:53 AM

Aquamail does that as well.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-29-19 10:01 AM
    Aquamail does that as well.
    I tried Aquamail a couple years back, and did not see that as an option. Is it new, or did I just miss it?
    08-29-19 10:15 AM
    I tried Aquamail a couple years back, and did not see that as an option. Is it new, or did I just miss it?
    I don't remember when it was added but Smart Folder (i.e. unified inbox) shows both inbox and sent box.
    RK_BB likes this.
    08-29-19 10:23 AM
    It's been there.

BlackBerry Hub Suite Going Away?-screenshot_20190829-102345.jpg
    08-29-19 10:24 AM
    Now if Aquamail can integrate apps like Hub+ Inbox we won't have to worry that much about having only one option that may or may not stick around for awhile...
    08-29-19 10:27 AM
    So I just missed it. May have to give it a try. But only if the Inbox does go away, which I'm not counting on just yet.
    08-29-19 10:28 AM
    as a group, we should talk about alternate products that are just as good and respect privacy of the users. I have a Samsung S10 but I am reluctant to use Samsung Email app because I don't know much about it.
    FairEmail is a bit rough but touts privacy features. It's also open source and by the same developer as NetGuard.

https://email.faircode.eu/
    08-29-19 10:33 AM

I agree...this is by far the best feature. Shocked nobody offers this.
    08-29-19 02:36 PM
    I am wondering if that too is a BlackBerry patent...
    EVERYTHING is a BlackBerry patent
    08-29-19 02:56 PM
    Another question is what is going to happen to the Productivity Tab. I've been using it more lately and hope that doesn't go away either.
    It's already dead, so if another device comes out it likely won't be included.
    08-29-19 03:58 PM
    EVERYTHING is a BlackBerry patent
    Patents so great that when they tried to sell the company and the patents about five years ago, Microsoft and others kicked the tires and looked under the hood and went "thanks but no thanks".
    Bfalcon1, the_boon, RK_BB and 1 others like this.
    08-30-19 05:27 AM
36 12