I noticed recently that whenever I open a new Signal message through the Signal app instead of the Hub.. The Hub will not mark it as read. It will only do so whenever I open the Signal message in the Hub.

This seems inconsistent with how the Hub worked before, but not entirely sure. Is this a new problem, perhaps?
    02-07-18 04:42 AM
    I noticed recently that whenever I open a new Signal message through the Signal app instead of the Hub.. The Hub will not mark it as read. It will only do so whenever I open the Signal message in the Hub.

This seems inconsistent with how the Hub worked before, but not entirely sure. Is this a new problem, perhaps?
    I use Signal as well and this has always been an issue. I just use it on its own now, not displayed in HUB.
    02-07-18 08:05 AM
    I use Signal as well and this has always been an issue. I just use it on its own now, not displayed in HUB.
    Really? I thought it would sync again after a bit.. Strange I never noticed it before, have been using it since I got my KEYone.

It annoys me to be honest, so testing how I like it when I use the Signal app on its own, just like you.

It makes sense as well, because now the primary focus of the Hub is email..
    02-07-18 08:16 AM
    Really? I thought it would sync again after a bit.. Strange I never noticed it before, have been using it since I got my KEYone.

It annoys me to be honest, so testing how I like it when I use the Signal app on its own, just like you.

It makes sense as well, because now the primary focus of the Hub is email..
    Yeah I'm not thrilled about it, has something to do with the way Signal works and if it synced with HUB, it would be less secure. Someone who knows more about the details can explain better. I did see something already posted about why this is the case.

I really like Signal so I don't want to give it up.
    02-07-18 08:28 AM
    Yeah I'm not thrilled about it, has something to do with the way Signal works and if it synced with HUB, it would be less secure. Someone who knows more about the details can explain better. I did see something already posted about why this is the case.

I really like Signal so I don't want to give it up.
    Same here, I love it. I do find it interesting that they don't seek user donations. I guess it cuts both ways, as soon as you want to receive money from your users... it might upset the relationship.
    02-07-18 08:31 AM
    Same here, I love it. I do find it interesting that they don't seek user donations. I guess it cuts both ways, as soon as you want to receive money from your users... it might upset the relationship.
    Signal just partnered with Microsoft for Skype end to end encryption. I would love to see BlackBerry partner with Signal to offer an integrated messenger for HUB.
    02-07-18 08:35 AM
    Signal just partnered with Microsoft for Skype end to end encryption. I would love to see BlackBerry partner with Signal to offer an integrated messenger for HUB.
    That's really cool news. What I do wonder is does Signal guarantee that others use the Signal protocol as intended? And if not, will they publish these differences online? I would think that such verification and transparancy greatly improves trust.

As an example, can I really be assured that WhatsApp sticks to the Signal protocol and implementation as intended? Because there is already one publicised difference... which caused minor controversy..
    02-07-18 08:41 AM