No. Spark only uses its own servers if you CHOOSE to take advantage of some of the EXTRA features that they can offer (teams).

Otherwise, they use MFA/OAuth2 and don't even obtain the login information to your various providers.

https://sparkmailapp.com/privacy
    I don't understand differences existing between free and paid version. Loooking at what they declare here: https://sparkmailapp.com/pricing I don't understand what they refer to with the term "shared inbox". Maybe they are referring to some their supplemental collaboration service? I don't think they are speaking about Office 365 shared mailboxes (for which I could have an interest).
    Supposing I am not interested to share anything, is there a limit to the number of the managed email accounts or any other limit for a "non-collaborative" usage of the service?
    03-24-22 02:12 AM
    ...Another feature I've noted missing in comparison to the HUB -aside from those mentioned already- is not having the option to turn confirmation on before deleting an email message, but it's not a deal-breaker as you can undo the deletion....
    If one does the swipe action to delete, then there is I think a built in delay, which kind of works like the additional safety prompt from hub. However, if I remember correctly, the delay time is not customizable. So, for me it is awkwardly too long and I don't use it, but instead only use the trash can icon at the bottom.
    03-24-22 05:39 AM
    So far I'm liking it. You can create folders/tags just like in the HUB, which was a feature I believe is missing in the Gmail app.

My issues with the BB HUB and why I might move away is the lack of real support and seeing as there are apps in Samsung that can replace it without paying (especially, since I'm using a Samsung device and also, as I despise having apps which duplicate the same task).

Another feature I've noted missing in comparison to the HUB -aside from those mentioned already- is not having the option to turn confirmation on before deleting an email message, but it's not a deal-breaker as you can undo the deletion.

So, while on a tablet or Laptop, I'm fine with separate apps for each of my email accounts (usually with time to review them in detail), for my mobile device on the go, I much prefer having them together, as it allows me to peek at everything in a much quicker and simpler manner.

This app seems to be the ideal HUB replacement for those moving to a Samsung device.
    Are you using all the other Samsung apps as well? I am currently using all the BB apps on my Flip Z 3 but am considering switching. Is there any Samsung apps that pulls tasks and notes like BB. The other advantage of possibly switching for me is that the Samsung apps are designed to work with my folding screen.
    03-24-22 06:53 AM
    Are you using all the other Samsung apps as well? I am currently using all the BB apps on my Flip Z 3 but am considering switching. Is there any Samsung apps that pulls tasks and notes like BB. The other advantage of possibly switching for me is that the Samsung apps are designed to work with my folding screen.
    Calendar and Contacts have similar features as the HUB suite, you can easily sync Gmail and Outlook accounts, among others. With my Hotmail (Outlook) account there was an option in the email app to toggle on "tasks" -separate from calendar entries- these were then added to the Samsung calendar (I also have "To Do" from Outlook installed, but if the tasks work straight from the Calendar, I might end up ditching it).

I can't speak about notes, as I've been using Evernote from the BB10 days, so I never used the Notes app from BlackBerry.

Contacts and Calendar can't be disabled, and they're still running along whatever else you're using, so there's no loss in trying them.
    03-24-22 10:25 AM
    I have the hub+ Inbox running on Android 12 now with no issues whatsoever. I'll use it until it dies or until a better option comes along. As far as I can tell, nothing else keeps all sms, email, and social media notifications in one place. I also prefer sent messages in the inbox view.
    03-24-22 11:29 AM
    The "Modern authentication" will be imposed soon on Office 365. Unfortunately Exchange Activesync uses basic authentication and will be disabled, same for Microsoft Exchange Web Services.
    It sounds like all supported protocols by BBHub/Mail use basic authentication and will be disabled.

Is there a workaround or we have to hope they will update BBHub/Mail?
    05-19-22 01:26 AM
    The "Modern authentication" will be imposed soon on Office 365. Unfortunately Exchange Activesync uses basic authentication and will be disabled, same for Microsoft Exchange Web Services.
    It sounds like all supported protocols by BBHub/Mail use basic authentication and will be disabled.

Is there a workaround or we have to hope they will update BBHub/Mail?
    Not sure if there’s a workaround but one things for sure there will be no update to BBHub/Mail.
    05-19-22 08:59 AM
    So far the hub+ (beta) is working without issues on my google pixel pro 6. Numerous Gmail accounts with Microsoft (hotmail, outlook, live), and a Bell Canada account.

Hate to open several apps VS one hub with all the info I'm looking for.
    05-19-22 09:41 AM
    So far the hub+ (beta) is working without issues on my google pixel pro 6. Numerous Gmail accounts with Microsoft (hotmail, outlook, live), and a Bell Canada account.

You wouldn't have to open various apps for all of your email.
    05-19-22 10:43 AM
    You wouldn't have to open various apps for all of your email.
    And the Hub will just open the respective app anyway.
    05-19-22 11:04 AM

Sure it works now..... but Microsoft will force Modern Authentication on all Office 365 tenants on October 2022.
    So, without an update, BBHub+ / Inbox will be definitely dead.
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/exc...xchange-online.
    Google is going to take a similar approch at the end on this month.
    05-20-22 01:01 PM
    Yep! It works! I found the solution to continue to use BBHub+ with Office 365.
    The issue (Exchange ActiveSync was using basic authentication) was due to my lack of knowledge about configuration options of BBHub+ (configuration option really not intuitive).
    The fix is to enter account configuration, Advanced settings - Server settings - tap "X" beside the password field, then tap "+" beside "Add authentication". Finally tap the "Sign in with Microsoft" button end enter your credentials.
    Doing so the authentication type changes to "modern authentication" and basic authentication can be disabled without issue.
    05-21-22 12:49 AM
    Agree. Had to reload my emails yesterday and both my personal and work Office365 reactivations offered the sign-in with Microsoft option which worked perfectly. Using paid version of BB inbox on Pixel 6Pro.
    05-21-22 12:18 PM
    I have acquired a Samsung Galaxy running on Android 12 . I'd really like to have the Hub working on it for all the reasons others have mentioned.
    It is fine for notifications from apps like Facebook and WhatsApp but I can't set up Yahoo Mail. When I try to add the email address I get an authentication error. Even though I know I am entering the correct password. Hub with same details, still works fine on my Key2.
    Any suggestions please?
    roba5263 likes this.
    05-25-22 05:30 AM
    I have acquired a Samsung Galaxy running on Android 12 . I'd really like to have the Hub working on it for all the reasons others have mentioned.
    It is fine for notifications from apps like Facebook and WhatsApp but I can't set up Yahoo Mail. When I try to add the email address I get an authentication error. Even though I know I am entering the correct password. Hub with same details, still works fine on my Key2.
    Any suggestions please?
    My knee-jerk response would be to dump Yahoo and use a better email service that hasn't already been hacked several times. I know that was almost 10 years ago, but since it affected every account they had...

Anyway, Yahoo now requires an app specific password to be generated that is separate from the regular account password. Somewhere in Yahoo's online account settings is a link for generating an app password. Then when setting up the account in the Hub, you use that generated password.

Others here will suggest using another email client, but I still like how the Hub works on my Galaxy with Android 12. I have no issues with it. It even works well with MS Teams.
    Laura Knotek likes this.
    05-25-22 09:40 AM
    My knee-jerk response would be to dump Yahoo and use a better email service that hasn't already been hacked several times. I know that was almost 10 years ago, but since it affected every account they had...

Anyway, Yahoo now requires an app specific password to be generated that is separate from the regular account password. Somewhere in Yahoo's online account settings is a link for generating an app password. Then when setting up the account in the Hub, you use that generated password.

Others here will suggest using another email client, but I still like how the Hub works on my Galaxy with Android 12. I have no issues with it. It even works well with MS Teams.
    That worked. Thank you.
    05-25-22 01:39 PM

OMG! Thank you! I've been to Verizon and called ATT trying to get my email to flow into BlackBerry Hub on my new phone.
    08-10-22 12:44 AM
    Helpful thread for me. Considering giving up my Motion for a Pixel. Any experience here with fdroid options, like airmail? Doesn't have Google Autho or MS Xchange, but for basic email it seems fine.
    11-04-22 06:27 PM
    Anyone using this with Pixel 7?

Was working fine on my pixel 6 but after upgrading to 7 it just does not want to sync my contacts...

I read somewhere that the 7 aks the 32-bit subsustem so its the first android phone that is 64 bit only, could that be the issue? Something in the app that is still 32 bit or targets an older api?
    11-20-22 10:56 AM
    I got the pixel7 pro 512gb, before that I had the moto one 5g ace,with the BlackBerry plus services transferred from my bb motion,i been paying 99 cent subscription to be able to use the contacts, notes, tasks, calendar. For free with ads you get the inbox, launcher, I connected the moto one to my pixel 7 pro and transferred everything, turn on the BlackBerry launcher and got wallpaper and bb set up of the apps, I noticed on my moto stylus 5g 2022 i dont pay for the subscription contacts dontl work just inbox and launcher.
    12-08-22 09:10 AM
    I got the pixel7 pro 512gb, before that I had the moto one 5g ace,with the BlackBerry plus services transferred from my bb motion,i been paying 99 cent subscription to be able to use the contacts, notes, tasks, calendar. For free with ads you get the inbox, launcher, I connected the moto one to my pixel 7 pro and transferred everything, turn on the BlackBerry launcher and got wallpaper and bb set up of the apps, I noticed on my moto stylus 5g 2022 i dont pay for the subscription contacts dontl work just inbox and launcher.
    Why polute a beautiful new phone with the ancient, unsupported, non-secure BlackBerry Suite?
    John Albert likes this.
    12-08-22 11:13 AM
    Is my device, do what you want with yours
    hmp3 likes this.
    12-08-22 12:19 PM
    Just an update to this, I'm running Hub+ with the Hub+ apps without a problem.

Motorola handset, bootloader unlocked, Lineage OS 20 (android 13) installed without Google Play Services/micro G/etc.

In fact I've gone so far as to strip everything Google that I can find out of the phone, including using the terminal/shell to remove calls to gstatic and replacing the android webview with Bromite, changing to non google DNS services, and even changing the time syncrhonization server. It's rooted with Magisk.

The only thing I'm still looking for is Z10/Z30 wallpaper that looks good on modern resolution screens and the default sounds from those handsets.

And I'll add that having done all this, the Blackberry Hub absolutely flies even on a 4 year old handset. Nothing Blackberry ever produced ran this fast.

As far as Microsoft/Google, if you're still using tech from those two in 2023 whatever reason you may have had for using a Blackberry originally is out the window anyway as you've fully embraced surveillance capitalism.
    07-21-23 07:41 AM
    Samsung Galaxy A52 - it's Android 13 now and Hub+ still works.
    11-24-23 10:47 AM
    As far as Microsoft/Google, if you're still using tech from those two in 2023 whatever reason you may have had for using a Blackberry originally is out the window anyway as you've fully embraced surveillance capitalism.
    You need to buy more Reynolds wrap, clearly, you don't have enough supply
    ppeters914 likes this.
    11-24-23 09:23 PM
201 ... 6789