Just installed the first beta and BlackBerry HUB+ (inbox) does not open any more. It used to work without an problems int He development preview. I guess this it for me. Farewell BlackBerry
    05-18-21 03:58 PM
    Just installed the first beta and BlackBerry HUB+ (inbox) does not open any more. It used to work without an problems int He development preview. I guess this it for me. Farewell BlackBerry
    Yep. Installed 12 Beta on my Pixel 4a and the Hub won't open. Hopefully Hub will be updated when 12 is official.
    Btw...other bugs have already been discovered so be forewarned. Example, can't open Assistant settings in App Settings. Keeps crashing. However Assistant does work.
    Head over to Android Central for the thread.
    https://r.tapatalk.com/shareLink/top...ink_source=app
    05-18-21 04:33 PM
    That's probably it then. BlackBerry is no longer developing the Hub. You're better to move on to a better client anyway.
    05-18-21 04:54 PM
    That's probably it then. BlackBerry is no longer developing the Hub. You're better to move on to a better client anyway.
    Like what? Yes, there is a plethora of other email clients, but AFAIK nothing like the Hub that includes notifications.
    Last edited by ppeters914; 05-19-21 at 08:01 PM.
    diegonei and skinnymike1 like this.
    05-18-21 06:44 PM
    They might update it.... but I wouldn't count on it.

BlackBerry has similar products for the enterprise market, so they have active developers for those. Might not be much work to fix whatever the issue is.
    05-18-21 06:49 PM

BlackBerry has similar products for the enterprise market, so they have active developers for those. Might not be much work to fix whatever the issue is.
    Or it's a bug in the A12 Beta that will be fixed in the next update or two. We'll have to wait and see.
    05-18-21 07:19 PM

I'm really holding out hope that they're saving a big update for the release of the OM device.
    05-18-21 08:24 PM
    I'm really holding out hope that they're saving a big update for the release of the OM device.
    Might as well give up on that now.
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-19-21 06:47 AM
    I don’t really think either has anything to do with the other
    pdr733 likes this.
    05-19-21 10:18 AM
    What are the other alternatives? An email app for all mail accounts with great search function and not having to store all my emails on their server. ( Like Newton and spark apps)
    skinnymike1 likes this.
    05-19-21 05:26 PM
    Not sure about that. I got an update on April 20, 2021 for the full Hub suite on my Priv. They are surely not developing it further, but at least they are doing minimal maintenance.
    05-19-21 09:01 PM
    Not sure about that. I got an update on April 20, 2021 for the full Hub suite on my Priv. They are surely not developing it further, but at least they are doing minimal maintenance.
    You might have updated your app on April 20th but that isn't when it was released. Play Store shows November as the last release and that was just some tiny stability fixes.
    05-19-21 09:46 PM
    You might have updated your app on April 20th but that isn't when it was released. Play Store shows November as the last release and that was just some tiny stability fixes.
    I'm in the beta program. Last version of Hub that I see on my Playstore is 2.2114.6.7059 released April 20,2021
    05-19-21 09:53 PM
    I'm in the beta program. Last version of Hub that I see on my Playstore is 2.2114.6.7059 released April 20,2021
    I stand corrected, Mr 50 Cent.
    05-19-21 09:55 PM
    ...and that was just some tiny stability fixes.
    Yep, thats the description of every single update since version 1.0 ������������
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-19-21 10:00 PM
    ...and that was just some tiny stability fixes.
    Yep, thats the description of every single update since version 1.0 😂😂
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-19-21 10:00 PM
    What are the other alternatives? An email app for all mail accounts with great search function and not having to store all my emails on their server. ( Like Newton and spark apps)
    I use Nine.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...inefolders.hd3
    05-20-21 11:54 AM
    +1 for Nine. My favorite mail app, bar none.
    05-20-21 11:57 AM
    Are all the other alternatives to HUB/Inbox working correctly on the 12 Beta? Honestly seems a bit silly since 12 is only in beta form. I don't doubt BlackBerry will update their suite of apps to work on 12 just as they did 11. All work fine on my A71 on 11.

And let's face it most of 12 from what I have read is some material design changes to allow more theming, as Samsung already does, and a cool little app (much like DTEK formerly and currently) to tell you when and what apps are accessing or trying to access areas of one's device for greater control of privacy. BlackBerry with its version of Android and security enhancements was really ahead of the game.
    05-20-21 12:39 PM
    Are all the other alternatives to HUB/Inbox working correctly on the 12 Beta? Honestly seems a bit silly since 12 is only in beta form. I don't doubt BlackBerry will update their suite of apps to work on 12 just as they did 11. All work fine on my A71 on 11.

And let's face it most of 12 from what I have read is some material design changes to allow more theming, as Samsung already does, and a cool little app (much like DTEK formerly and currently) to tell you when and what apps are accessing or trying to access areas of one's device for greater control of privacy. BlackBerry with its version of Android and security enhancements was really ahead of the game.
    Yes, everything else seems to be working quite well.

Most ACTIVE developers have been working with Android 12 for over 3 months during the developer releases.
    Smokeaire and pdr733 like this.
    05-20-21 02:31 PM

Most ACTIVE developers have been working with Android 12 for over 3 months during the developer releases.
    I ended up deleting all BlackBerry apps, rebooted my Pixel, and reinstalled the Hub+Services and Hub In Box. I went through the whole sign in and setup process without a hitch. However when it came to opening the Hub app it just crashed. Oh well. I'll give it another go after the next Beta12 update.
    05-20-21 02:58 PM

I agree... but I think many had issues with HUB+ on the early Android 11 Beta. But eventually BlackBerry patched it.

My guess is they are focused on their enterprise products and will give HUB+ some attention as time allows. I don't see them just dropping it.... do wonder if maybe it is being sold off with the other assets.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-20-21 03:20 PM
    I agree... but I think many had issues with HUB+ on the early Android 11 Beta. But eventually BlackBerry patched it.

My guess is they are focused on their enterprise products and will give HUB+ some attention as time allows. I don't see them just dropping it.... do wonder if maybe it is being sold off with the other assets.
    They are only REQUIRED to address the issue once Android 12 is publicly released (in order to maintain the Play Store listing).

They'll probably just keep the intern poking at it until then, hoping they won't have to put any more effort into it.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-20-21 03:40 PM
    Considering the 12 Beta is not recommended for the average person on their daily devices any demise of HUB/Inbox and the suite of apps presently working on Android versions 6-11 seems premature at best.
    ppeters914 likes this.
    05-20-21 03:54 PM
    Considering the 12 Beta is not recommended for the average person on their daily devices any demise of HUB/Inbox and the suite of apps presently working on Android versions 6-11 seems premature at best.
    I've been running Android 12 since February. Since dp2 in March, I've not come across a single functional issue.

It is the most significant upgrade since Android 5. Absolutely brilliant.
    Smokeaire, ppeters914 and pdr733 like this.
    05-20-21 04:18 PM
201 123 ...