I've just got a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, Android One Oreo, which has replaced a PRIV. Now installing BlackBerry Hub Services and apps. So far launcher, keyboard.
    Just wondering what difference between the android contacts and calendar apps and the BlackBerry versions?
    Otherwise BlackBerry Hub on Android One seems to work well.
    12-23-18 03:38 AM
    Any explanation whether the BlackBerry Apps are better than the android /google contacts and calendar??
    12-26-18 03:29 AM
    Any explanation whether the BlackBerry Apps are better than the android /google contacts and calendar??
    User preferences are part of the answer.... permission needs another....
    Vistaus likes this.
    12-26-18 07:23 AM
    I've just got a Xiaomi Mi A2 Lite, Android One Oreo, which has replaced a PRIV. Now installing BlackBerry Hub Services and apps. So far launcher, keyboard.
    Just wondering what difference between the android contacts and calendar apps and the BlackBerry versions?
    Otherwise BlackBerry Hub on Android One seems to work well.
    The PRIV also had BlackBerry calendar and contacts apps, so it's a bit of an odd question really. One would think you would have noticed them previously.

Having said that, I prefer the BlackBerry apps over the Google versions. I like the no nonsense, productivity focus BlackBerry uses for its apps. Hopefully that won't be changing with the upcoming UI updates.
    12-27-18 03:55 PM
    Hopefully that won't be changing with the upcoming UI updates.
    The UI of the new Hub is horrendous. Think about the Productivity Tab on steroids...

While I appreciate the effort, the direction is so loud and unbusiness like it's disappointing.
    12-27-18 04:19 PM
    The UI of the new Hub is horrendous. Think about the Productivity Tab on steroids...

While I appreciate the effort, the direction is so loud and unbusiness like it's disappointing.
    Not good! Making it look like the (current) productivity tab is worst possible design direction. It's already by far the ugliest app in the series.
    12-27-18 04:36 PM
    Not good! Making it look like the (current) productivity tab is worst possible design direction. It's already by far the ugliest app in the series.
    Unfortunately it seems that this is where it's going. Looks like it came out of a Disney movie...
    12-27-18 04:41 PM
    How has the BB keyboard worked out for you? I got a Blu XL4 with Oreo 8.1 and it won’t let me install the BB keyboard. I have the hub+ services but not the keyboard and camera. Says my device isn’t compatible with this version. I just switched from a Blu pure view and had all of that.
    Patiently waiting for the next big screen BB with android.
    Privy is too slow and cant last a full day.
    12-28-18 11:03 PM
    The PRIV also had BlackBerry calendar and contacts apps, so it's a bit of an odd question really. One would think you would have noticed them previously.
    I used the BlackBerry versions on the PRIV. The Google ones are new. It is not clear exactly what the Hub Services subscription includes. So if BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar are not included, I may well use Google's.
    12-29-18 01:17 AM
    How has the BB keyboard worked out for you? I got a Blu XL4 with Oreo 8.1 and it won’t let me install the BB keyboard. I have the hub+ services but not the keyboard and camera. Says my device isn’t compatible with this version..
    BlackBerry Hub Services, launcher and keyboard work really well. Just upgraded to Pie and noticed that keyboard now shows magnified letter above, just like an iPhone.
    Great to get back to BlackBerry keyboard with its excellent word suggestions and predictions. Way, way better than the keyboard on my cheap iPhone SE which I fortuitously acquired a week or so before PRIV expired for a ski equipment app. iPhone keyboard doesn't even have a comma on the qwerty screen. So dumb!
    Yes, waiting for large screen BlackBerry, but well impressed with Xiaomi A2 Lite.
    12-29-18 01:27 AM
    I used the BlackBerry versions on the PRIV. The Google ones are new. It is not clear exactly what the Hub Services subscription includes. So if BlackBerry Contacts and Calendar are not included, I may well use Google's.
    Not sure what you mean? The Google versions of those apps have existed as far back as I can remember. They come installed by default on most Android devices, but can be usually be removed or at least disabled. A BlackBerry Android devices comes with all the BlackBerry apps built in. There is no need for a subscription. The Hub+ subscription (I use it on non-BlackBerry Android device) is a monthly paid subscription via Google Play and includes 9 apps: BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Calendar, Notes by BlackBerry, Tasks by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Contacts, Password Keeper, BlackBerry Device Search, BlackBerry Launcher, and BlackBerry Privacy Shade.

If you want the BlackBerry virtual keyboard as well, this app can help you install it on your device:

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    12-29-18 10:56 AM
    Not sure what you mean? The Google versions of those apps have existed as far back as I can remember. They come installed by default on most Android devices, but can be usually be removed or at least disabled. A BlackBerry Android devices comes with all the BlackBerry apps built in. There is no need for a subscription. The Hub+ subscription (I use it on non-BlackBerry Android device) is a monthly paid subscription via Google Play and includes 9 apps: BlackBerry Hub, BlackBerry Calendar, Notes by BlackBerry, Tasks by BlackBerry, BlackBerry Contacts, Password Keeper, BlackBerry Device Search, BlackBerry Launcher, and BlackBerry Privacy Shade.

If you want the BlackBerry virtual keyboard as well, this app can help you install it on your device:

https://cobalt232.github.io/blackberrymanager/
    I'll clarify - the Google apps are new to me cos I used the BlackBerry Apps on my PRIV - my first android phone.
    And the subscription is not desperately clear. In the Play store I'm looking at in UK it indicates "In app purchases £0.69 - £0.89 per item". And then nothing. So it ain't clear if that is for each individual app that in its own blurb says it is a paid app. Or just for Hub+ Services which then includes all the others?? A few more words to explain wouldn't go amiss??
    I used the BlackBerry manager by Cobalt straight away.
    12-29-18 11:47 AM
    I'll clarify - the Google apps are new to me cos I used the BlackBerry Apps on my PRIV - my first android phone.
    And the subscription is not desperately clear. In the Play store I'm looking at in UK it indicates "In app purchases £0.69 - £0.89 per item". And then nothing. So it ain't clear if that is for each individual app that in its own blurb says it is a paid app. Or just for Hub+ Services which then includes all the others?? A few more words to explain wouldn't go amiss??
    I used the BlackBerry manager by Cobalt straight away.
    On a non-BlackBerry Android device, you need to download BlackBerry Hub+ Services from Google Play. Once installed, open it to add the various individual apps (you can select them individually). As far as I know, the monthly cost is the same no matter how many of the apps you install, because the subscription is for the entire suite. Perhaps it varies by region? Not sure. The BlackBerry apps work for a month without ads, after which you need to pay the monthly fee.

The keyboard is the exception. You cannot subscribe to it and need the Cobalt app in order to install it.

As for the Google versions of Calendar etc, whether apps come pre-loaded or not seems to be a manufacturer decision.
    12-29-18 12:51 PM
    Hi. I have(and love) a BB 10 Leap.
    Thinking about getting Samsung 10 Android for better camera.
    Should I expect BlackBerry Hub+ Services and Cobalt's VKB to have same functionality as my Leap?
    Also would the notes app be the same or as good as Remember app, including notes feature?
    Many thanks,
    Bob
    03-15-19 09:14 AM
    Unfortunately it seems that this is where it's going. Looks like it came out of a Disney movie...
    I grew up on Disney so I love it
    03-15-19 10:59 AM
    Should I expect BlackBerry Hub+ Services and Cobalt's VKB to have same functionality as my Leap?
    Not even close imho with regards to messaging, email and calling functions from the hub. But social messaging apps have nice linkage from the hub on Hub+ if you are using those. Not sure about the Notes vs Remember apps as I use neither on my android device or Passport.
    03-15-19 11:01 AM
    [QUOTE=rgordon44;13362916]Hi. I have(and love) a BB 10 Leap.
    Thinking about getting Samsung 10 Android for better camera.
    Also would the notes app be the same or as good as Remember app, including notes feature?
    Many thanks,
    Bob[/QUOTE

Notes is garbage compared to the Remember App.
    03-15-19 12:15 PM
    I find the Hub buggy...especially the contacts app.
    03-28-19 01:58 PM
    I find the Hub buggy...especially the contacts app.
    Buggy, how?

Works for me. It does what it's supposed to do - list my contacts, calls when I tap the phone number, emails when I tap the email address.
    03-28-19 03:34 PM
    Buggy, how?

Works for me. It does what it's supposed to do - list my contacts, calls when I tap the phone number, emails when I tap the email address.
    It is very buggy for it can take time to open, freeze and sometimes crash. I have over 3,000 contacts so wonder if that is the reason why it is buggy.
    04-01-19 06:34 AM
    It is very buggy for it can take time to open, freeze and sometimes crash. I have over 3,000 contacts so wonder if that is the reason why it is buggy.
    Could be the number. I've only got about 480, across 3 account.
    04-01-19 09:48 AM