Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Apps (Hub+, Keyboard, Calendar, etc) will work on Android Pie and specifically the Note 9 (US/Verizon)
    01-08-19 04:32 PM
    Does anyone know if the BlackBerry Apps (Hub+, Keyboard, Calendar, etc) will work on Android Pie and specifically the Note 9 (US/Verizon)
    It will.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-08-19 05:23 PM
    I was curious because the BlackBerry Keyboard app wasn't compatible with my Note 9, until I was able to get the BlackBerry Manager from here.... 😁
    01-08-19 06:26 PM
    I was curious because the BlackBerry Keyboard app wasn't compatible with my Note 9, until I was able to get the BlackBerry Manager from here....
    Oh, sorry. The keyboard is currently not part of the BlackBerry App suite. It's not a matter of compatibility, it's a matter of licencing.
    Vistaus likes this.
    01-08-19 06:38 PM
    I was curious because the BlackBerry Keyboard app wasn't compatible with my Note 9, until I was able to get the BlackBerry Manager from here....
    I've heard rumours there is a major update in the works for the BlackBerry keyboard app. Who knows...perhaps if there is no slab on the horizon from TCL, BlackBerry Ltd might get smart and (finally) figure out a way to monetize their virtual keyboard.
    01-10-19 08:58 AM
    I've heard rumours there is a major update in the works for the BlackBerry keyboard app. Who knows...perhaps if there is no slab on the horizon from TCL, BlackBerry Ltd might get smart and (finally) figure out a way to monetize their virtual keyboard.
    Maybe Swiftkey can work out a deal where they can sell the BlackBerry variant. The BlackBerry VKB is based on Swiftkey with the added word flick feature that no one else has. After years on a Z10, I had to have that after switching to the S8.
    john_v likes this.
    01-10-19 10:11 AM
    I've heard rumours there is a major update in the works for the BlackBerry keyboard app...
    Can you substantiate these rumors?
    @Smokeaire @TheBond @Crusader03
    01-10-19 10:12 AM
    Can you substantiate these rumors?
    @Smokeaire @TheBond @Crusader03
    Not aware of anything specific.
    01-10-19 10:20 AM
    01-10-19 10:20 AM
    01-10-19 10:27 AM
    Feb. or March?!
    01-10-19 10:29 AM
    Interesting thread. Wonder if any of this is actually true (beyond the keyboard stuff).
    01-10-19 10:34 AM
    Interesting thread. Wonder if any of this is actually true (beyond the keyboard stuff).
    Totally...
    01-10-19 10:39 AM
    Feb. or March?!
    April if I am reading correctly
    01-10-19 10:40 AM
    Hmmm, interesting. With this much effort for a fix, I assure you it wasn't just our thread! This smells like they are fixing a known problem that affects the product globally and this will be the closest we get to an admission. Looking forward to the fix! Cheers,
    01-10-19 11:01 AM
    Hmmm, interesting. With this much effort for a fix, I assure you it wasn't just our thread! This smells like they are fixing a known problem that affects the product globally and this will be the closest we get to an admission. Looking forward to the fix! Cheers,
    Sounds like its a much larger change then to be just a fix for that issue...which seemed to have been fixed at one point with the previous update I believe. I could be wrong but to change up the whole underlying engine seems like more then to fix this issue...especially since the issue didn't seem to be overly massive.
    01-10-19 11:05 AM
    Sounds like its a much larger change then to be just a fix for that issue...which seemed to have been fixed at one point with the previous update I believe. I could be wrong but to change up the whole underlying engine seems like more then to fix this issue...especially since the issue didn't seem to be overly massive.
    Keyboard issue exists in all units, typing style is one of the differentiators as to how prominent it is and how often it occurs. Keyboard sensitivity differences between units is the other. Very glad they are throwing everything at it! Cheers,
    01-10-19 11:09 AM
    April if I am reading correctly
    Pretty sure the impetus is to squeeze out Swiftkey so BlackBerry can then sell subscriptions to the keyboard.
    TheBond and Jake2826 like this.
    01-10-19 11:09 AM
    Pretty sure the impetus is to squeeze out Swiftkey so BlackBerry can then sell subscriptions to the keyboard.
    Kind of what I was getting at. As much as that issue must be frustrating for people, I doubt its the reason for this change or even on their radar at the moment because I don't believe its that widespread. Again, could be wrong.
    01-10-19 11:11 AM
    Agreed, however, the sensitivity fix will also be top of mind as all units are effected to some degree, even review videos show it pop up, but no mention as it depends on typing style to mitigate and sensitivity of keyboards on different units. Still, can't wait to again have joy typing on my beloved K2. Cheers,
    01-10-19 11:15 AM
    If the linked Reddit thread is to be believed, TCL won't even have anything to do with BlackBerry anymore as Foxconn or some other similar company will take over (read the linked Reddit thread).
    01-10-19 04:46 PM
    Quoted from the Reddit thread:

Hope this improves the keyboard experience of Key² where the cursor mode pops up every now and then due to over sensitive capacitive keyboard. May be they can add granular level controls in the settings if they're writing their software from ground up.
    01-10-19 05:28 PM
    If the linked Reddit thread is to be believed, TCL won't even have anything to do with BlackBerry anymore as Foxconn or some other similar company will take over (read the linked Reddit thread).
    I don't know, but this alleged overhaul of the keyboard app is certainly consistent with the material redesign of the Hub+ Suite. It would make sense to redo the whole package and even add the keyboard to it. The Suite is one of the top productivity apps on Google Play.
    01-10-19 07:46 PM