@LiamQ

Did not have a chance to thank you for jumping on the issues and fixing the latest HUB+Services Beta. They closed the thread before we could thank you!!

So....

Thank you!!!!
    08-29-18 12:46 PM
    It is nice to have some folks from BlackBerry here and using input to fixes things quickly.
    skrble likes this.
    08-29-18 01:44 PM
    It is nice to have some folks from BlackBerry here and using input to fixes things quickly.
    Agree 100%
    08-29-18 01:45 PM
    Absolutely! Continued app suite improvement all long.

Thank you very much!
    08-29-18 01:58 PM
    You're very welcome. Thanks for all the great feedback! I'm sorry that we can't fix everything, but we'll keep trying
    08-29-18 02:31 PM
    You're very welcome. Thanks for all the great feedback! I'm sorry that we can't fix everything, but we'll keep trying
    Wait, what??? That ruins the perception of you guys being true "miracle workers"
    Smokeaire likes this.
    08-29-18 03:45 PM
    And kudos for the black love too finally! 👏
    08-29-18 05:19 PM
    I was still getting forced conversation view even after I was pushed the latest blackberry hub + services which I verified I had received. It turns out I only enrolled in the beta of Hub + services, once I enrolled in the beta of Blackberry Hub and updated that app in the Playstore all is good. Yea!
    08-29-18 07:32 PM
    I am so surprised seeing such a thread!
    08-30-18 11:00 AM
    I am so surprised seeing such a thread!
    Why?
    08-30-18 01:06 PM
    Why?
    It's not very common seeing such a topic thread. Of course, we all expect the software tick-tock, working allright. Even viewing it from a certain point, these expectations are logical.

But it's always nice to do such a /human/ act as a "thank you". Definitely nice to see such a feedback from a developer's POV.

Nothing too serious, tho.
    08-30-18 03:13 PM
    It's not very common seeing such a topic thread. Of course, we all expect the software tick-tock, working allright. Even viewing it from a certain point, these expectations are logical.

But it's always nice to do such a /human/ act as a "thank you". Definitely nice to see such a feedback from a developer's POV.

Nothing too serious, tho.
    It has always been important (for me, and I am sure others here as well) to publicly thank the Blackberry/BBMo guys for their hard work in helping us out with issues. Just my (small) way of calling them out in a positive way
    08-31-18 08:11 AM
    Hi Guy´s,
    Having issue with build 1.6.2.52121 on a KeyOne, email notifications appear repeated. How can I revert to previous build.
    Thanks in advance
    09-01-18 07:52 AM
    @LiamQ - just reporting back, still having some issues with this latest release:

Seems that the HUB itself is very slow, not for opening emails, but for filing and deleting. Those 2 processes can take up to 10 seconds to complete once the action is triggered. Example being if I swipe right to delete an email (singular selection) in the HUB, the Red delete bar will stay on the screen for anywhere from 5-10 seconds. Same with filing an email, same type of delay.

When selecting multiple email to delete the action seems to be initiating immediately, the messages still show in the HUB for the 10 seconds noted above before they are removed.

Please advise - I will be detailing more info in the Beta section as a Bug.

Thanks
    09-04-18 01:27 PM
    The red delete bar intentionally stays for a bit to give you time to hit Undo if needed.
    09-04-18 01:30 PM
    The red delete bar intentionally stays for a bit to give you time to hit Undo if needed.
    Understood that, but 10 seconds??

Also, I have noticed that when I swipe right and delete and then place device back in my hip holster - when I bring it back out of holster, the screen seems frozen. Red delete bar is still showing on screen, even though it might be 10 minutes later. 10 seconds later it does disappear....
    09-04-18 01:34 PM
    I also would like to thank LiamQ. Good work. BlackBerry software is coming together nicely in my. view.
    09-04-18 03:34 PM
    Good work team. I really appreciate having the option to beta test. It's not that I want the latest and greatest, but I think it says something how much feedback from these forums and the beta tests actually make it into the product.

We BlackBerry users may be particularly picky, but it's nice to actually see the product being built for our needs. No other brand can beat that!
    09-04-18 11:55 PM
    It is too long period. If needed undo it is the settings in hub and always ask what can I do. I use is to confirm the delete all the times. And it is ok and flawless.

But the few seconds of red bar is too much...
    09-07-18 05:57 AM
    It is too long period. If needed undo it is the settings in hub and always ask what can I do. I use is to confirm the delete all the times. And it is ok and flawless.

But the few seconds of red bar is too much...
    Kinda agree with this... the delay (while great if you need to hit the "undo" button) just hangs there a bit too long...

I just received an update for HUB+ Services (Beta) to 1.6.2.52216, so I will test it out and get back to you.

UPDATE: just tested (and timed) the swipe to delete and the red banner is staying on the screen for a full 9 seconds. When selecting multiple emails and deleting them, they are not removed from the HUB screen for 3 seconds - just for continuity sake... the 3 seconds is much better than before.

thanks again for all your hard work guys.
    09-07-18 09:13 AM
    And what can I do to Undo? What action? I don't find anything.
    09-07-18 09:33 AM
    @zephyr613 @seletok

I have been asking to remove the Undo delay long time ago. Admittedly it saved me from deleting an email more than once but I still don't like it, much like you guys...

I love the swipe to delete motion but can't stand the delay so I either open or hold to mark the message and then hit the Back key.

/blackberry-hub-plus-suite-f459/email-deletion-delay-undo-1131998/
    09-07-18 10:18 AM
    @RK_BB thanks for pointing that out. I too have used the undo command a couple of times. Let's see if anything can be done about the delay - if not, it is something I can learn to deal with.
    09-07-18 10:28 AM
    @RK_BB thanks for pointing that out. I too have used the undo command a couple of times. Let's see if anything can be done about the delay - if not, it is something I can learn to deal with.
    If you are asking me the delay is unnecessary since we have a prompt option in Hub settings so if a user feel that they need a second to undo their action they can always toggle that option on and every deletion will generate a prompt which essentially achieve the same thing, that is allow the user to backout from their action.

But if we must have a delay then I feel that once deleted the message needs to be removed from the list instantaneously and the Undo option needs to appear at bottom, like it does in most Google apps.

It is my understanding that BlackBerry purposely leave the red bar since naturally the finger stays at the same area of the screen after a swipe to delete occurred therefore while the ergonomic design is true, the visual isn't.
    09-07-18 10:36 AM
    If you are asking me the delay is unnecessary since we have a prompt option in Hub settings so if a user feel that they need a second to undo their action they can always toggle that option on and every deletion will generate a prompt which essentially achieve the same thing, that is allow the user to backout from their action.

But if we must have a delay then I feel that once deleted the message needs to be removed from the list instantaneously and the Undo option needs to appear at bottom, like it does in most Google apps.

It is my understanding that BlackBerry purposely leave the red bar since naturally the finger stays at the same area of the screen after a swipe to delete occurred therefore while the ergonomic design is true, the visual isn't.
    I agree with all of the above
    09-07-18 11:00 AM
27 12