Great to hear that! Thanks!
    I second that.
    07-24-17 07:52 PM
    I have both the Services and Hub apps updated. Seems like WhatsApp and Instagram integration isn't works consistently.

Anyone experience the same?
    Yeah, WhatsApp is all but useless at the moment. I'm having to try and convert anyone who might send me an urgent message (ie one where they might need a response within about 12 hours) back to BBM. Anyone know if that's working any better than WhatsApp?

My messages reach them in a timely fashion but it's a mystery what happens to theirs sent to me. It's not just integration, their messages don't even seem to reach WhatsApp itself in good time. Is there any workaround, like unlinking WhatsApp from the Hub? Is that possible?

What's the progress on a proper fix?
    Last edited by Biggles; 07-25-17 at 05:38 AM.
    07-25-17 04:32 AM
    The WhatsApp integration is based on system notifications. Hub does not make any changes to WhatsApp. If you're not getting messages in WhatsApp itself, this is likely a problem with WhatsApp.
    07-25-17 09:39 AM
    I am getting messages in WhatsApp as well as they properly appear in the notification tray. Randomly though, many will not appear in Hub. The frustrating part of this is that it is very random so very difficult or even impossible to isolate.
    07-25-17 12:18 PM
    Some Messages missing in Hub - likely blank sender would be my guess.
    Some have blank subject which shows as (no subject), yet the messages on server do in fact have a subject.

Sending logs and screenshot shortly
    Samsung xcover 4, android 7.0

*of note, if I wipe device and resetup account in hub fresh, same messages will have these issues.
    Will test same account on hub 1.5.5 on a PRIV to see if it does same or if this is a samsung/android 7 issue.
    Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 07-25-17 at 07:23 PM. Reason: added info
    07-25-17 12:44 PM
    Can you send a screenshot to [email protected]?

Are these plain old SMS messages? MMS messages? RCS aka Enhanced messages?
    screen shot was sent. These are regular sms group messages. people who refuse to use whats apps for whatever reason.

I don't think i'm the only person suffering from this, I've seen multiple people comment about it.

I wouldn't care too much, but it's hard to pick out which thread is which when viewing in the HUB. let me know if you need any more info. Thanks for the help!
    07-25-17 03:31 PM
    Off topic, but related:I updated my Beta Zone profile with my Google account, but I haven't received an invite to the program via email yet.
    07-26-17 04:15 PM
    Off topic, but related:I updated my Beta Zone profile with my Google account, but I haven't received an invite to the program via email yet.
    It takes 24 hours
    07-26-17 07:17 PM
    It takes 24 hours
    It's been about a week. Just wondering if the beta is full of something.
    07-26-17 07:29 PM
    It's been about a week. Just wondering if the beta is full of something.
    It can be or something is up. I have been participating in the Beta Zone forum, I see others do the same but there is no official response.
    07-26-17 07:31 PM
    A calendar event created on my PC (e.g. with Thunderbird/Lightning, against the same calendar database) that syncs to the phone (via Exchange) cannot have its time or name modified.

It can be deleted and the other parameters (busy/free, reminders, etc) can be changed, but the time of the event or its name cannot be modified.

I've filed several BSR-style reports on this including screen shots showing the screen where you can't edit (and other events, created on the phone on the same calendar, where you can.)
    Hi tickerguy,

Are you able to see this happen with new events that you create? (create new event on desktop, wait for event to sync to phone, try editing on phone)

Is the desktop using a different account than the phone, where both accounts have access to the same calendar?
    07-27-17 12:02 PM
    Hi tickerguy,

Are you able to see this happen with new events that you create? (create new event on desktop, wait for event to sync to phone, try editing on phone)
    Yes. If I create the event via Thunderbird on my desktop I cannot edit the name or time on the phone. I CAN edit privacy and other options, and I CAN delete it.
    Is the desktop using a different account than the phone, where both accounts have access to the same calendar?
    No.

The common back end data store is the same davical store. The phone performs its sync via Exchange, which in turn picks up email, contacts and events from davical (using Zpush), but both are linked to the same data store under the same account name. Thunderbird doesn't know what Exchange is so I separately code in the davical storage for both contacts and calendars and get email via IMAP on the PC. Contacts (on the same davical storage) are fine even if created on the PC; I can edit them without incident. It is only calendar entries that are impacted.

An event created on the phone can be edited on the PC or phone without a problem. If I change the event on the PC, the name and time become uneditable on the phone (but is still editable without incident on the PC.)
    07-27-17 12:32 PM
    Some Messages missing in Hub - likely blank sender would be my guess.
    Some have blank subject which shows as (no subject), yet the messages on server do in fact have a subject.

Sending logs and screenshot shortly
    Samsung xcover 4, android 7.0

*of note, if I wipe device and resetup account in hub fresh, same messages will have these issues.
    Will test same account on hub 1.5.5 on a PRIV to see if it does same or if this is a samsung/android 7 issue.
    After testing same account on both new Samsung Android 7 (may security) and PRIV android 6.0.1 (June security) it appears to be a samsung Android 7 issue as doesn't happen on PRIV. Took screenshots of both, will also send to bbappsupport@...
    07-27-17 07:54 PM
    I've lost pop-up notifications. everything is still checked. still don't have first word caps.
    07-28-17 12:30 PM
    Yes. If I create the event via Thunderbird on my desktop I cannot edit the name or time on the phone. I CAN edit privacy and other options, and I CAN delete it.

No.

The common back end data store is the same davical store. The phone performs its sync via Exchange, which in turn picks up email, contacts and events from davical (using Zpush), but both are linked to the same data store under the same account name. Thunderbird doesn't know what Exchange is so I separately code in the davical storage for both contacts and calendars and get email via IMAP on the PC. Contacts (on the same davical storage) are fine even if created on the PC; I can edit them without incident. It is only calendar entries that are impacted.

An event created on the phone can be edited on the PC or phone without a problem. If I change the event on the PC, the name and time become uneditable on the phone (but is still editable without incident on the PC.)
    As @andrewkbb already knows, I have the same problem since many month/versions with my old zarafa via zpush created events syncing via EAS to Priv.

With my "newer" zarafa infrastructure (zpush 2.0.x) the events created now on Priv or via server frontend, can be edited fully. Only the older ones back then created via Palm Pre and synced with zpush 1.5.x to server are still not editable fully even when now having newer zpush (exactly same prob as yours).

But the problem is BlackBerry Cal specific as I use aCalendar on Priv as a workaround to fully edit those "partly locked" events and sync them back to server, but it would be nice if that one got fixed.
    07-30-17 04:56 PM
    I am running the Github version; the Zarafa one has (much) bigger issues in my installation.

What I don't get is WHY they're locked. I can fix whatever's broken, but I need to know what's being sent down that the Hub doesn't like. I can also send the patch back up to Github, if it turns out that the problem is TRULY in Zpush (and *not* on the Hub end.)

Without knowing *why* the Hub thinks the event has an uneditable time and title though I've got no way to do that. And it's the only issue I have with events and such too -- contacts and emails work just fine. There *were* serious issues with S/MIME in earlier releases of the Hub related to Exchange as well but BlackBerry did fix those after I filed a host of reports on them and was able to show tracebacks where they were doing it wrong by-the-spec.

There hasn't been anything changed of materiality on the Github version in close to two years; the last change was a WindowsMail (Win10) compatibility fix, which from my experience is only partially "right" (don't get me started on Windows' integrated stuff -- or on Outlook, for that matter, which breaks all manner of rules when it comes to MIME-encoded messages.)
    07-30-17 06:26 PM
    Well it's stunning that we are both having zPush, but as I also said aCalendar app with same account can edit it right away on the same device, so I guess it's really a BlackBerry Calendar problem interpreting something wrong.
    07-31-17 01:31 PM
    If I enter an event on the phone I can edit it immediately on either the phone OR the PC.

It is only an event that either gets created OR EDITED on the PC that is uneditable for either its name or time.
    08-01-17 02:42 PM
    I don't have this installed, but from digging into the APK I can see support added for KakaoTalk, Skype Lite, and Zalo accounts.
    What file did you see ?
    08-02-17 10:40 AM
    What file did you see ?
    Updates to the strings file, I think it was.
    08-02-17 12:14 PM
    More on the calendar problem.....

Here's two events. One created on the phone, one created on Thunderbird. I can edit the one created on the phone on the phone or on Thunderbird, but the one created on Thunderbird CANNOT have its time or description edited on the phone.

This is what's actually IN THE DATABASE. The "Location" field is different (intentionally; I put "XXX" in the Thunderbird one) to make it easy to find in the database itself.

The ONLY difference I can see what MIGHT be involved here is the timezone is in the Thunderbird created event, and NOT in the phone-created one. I may try removing that manually from the database entry and forcing a resync to see if then I can change the event, but I don't know why that would matter.

1001 | /karl/calendar/20170802T200539Z-66c4893317fde0b43d6869d01621aece.ics | c0ada02679330ba918eecf89f2502dcc | 20170802T200539Z-66c4893317fde0b43d6869d01621aece | 2017-08-02 20:05:38 | 2017-08-02 20:05:38 | 2017-08-02 20:05:38 | 2017-08-03 07:30:00-05 | 2017-08-03 08:30:00-05 | | Wake up Sarah | | | | PUBLIC | OPAQUE | | | | | | | 6152 | 1002 | |

1001 | /karl/calendar/22bd22bc-a349-4181-b00e-2a04123c0571.ics | f5d73961b141cec7d2a155d619c0e25c | 22bd22bc-a349-4181-b00e-2a04123c0571 | 2017-08-02 20:25:18 | 2017-08-02 20:25:41 | 2017-08-02 20:25:41 | 2017-08-03 08:00:00-05 | 2017-08-03 09:00:00-05 | | Wake up Sarah | XXX | | | PUBLIC | OPAQUE | | | | America/Chicago | | | 6153 | 1002 | |

Update: If I remove the timezone from the PC-created event *before* it is synced (put the phone in airplane mode, create event on the PC, edit it in the database, take phone out of airplane mode so it can sync) it remains uneditable.

I definitely don't get what's going on here.... BTW, got another full set of app updates today; behavior in this regard has not changed.

There ARE some differences in the caldav_data table entries -- which may be significant. This is what I have in the entry I CAN edit on the phone:

user_no | dav_name | dav_etag | created | modified | caldav_data | caldav_type | logged_user | dav_id | collection_id | weak_etag
    ---------+----------------------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+------------------------+------------------------+---------------------------------------------------------+-------------+-------------+--------+---------------+-----------
    1001 | /karl/calendar/20170802T200539Z-66c4893317fde0b43d6869d01621aece.ics | c0ada02679330ba918eecf89f2502dcc | 2017-08-02 15:05:38-05 | 2017-08-02 15:05:38-05 | BEGIN:VCALENDAR\r +| VEVENT | 1001 | 6152 | 1002 |
    | | | | | VERSION:2.0\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | PRODID:-//php-push//NONSGML PHP-Push Calendar//EN\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | CALSCALE:GREGORIAN\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | BEGIN:VEVENT\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTSTAMP:20170802T200538Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | LAST-MODIFIED:20170802T200538Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTSTART:20170803T123000Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | SUMMARY:Wake up Sarah\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTEND:20170803T133000Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | CLASS:PUBLIC\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TRANSP:OPAQUE\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DESCRIPTION:\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | UID:20170802T200539Z-66c4893317fde0b43d6869d01621aece\r+| | | | |
    | | | | | BEGIN:VALARM\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | ACTIONISPLAY\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TRIGGER:-PT0M\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VALARM\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VEVENT\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VCALENDAR\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    (1 row)

And the one I cannot (Thunderbird created):
    user_no | dav_name | dav_etag | created | modified | caldav_data | caldav_type | logged_user | dav_id | collection_id | weak_etag
    ---------+---------------------------------------------------------+----------------------------------+------------------------+------------------------+-----------------------------------------------------------+-------------+-------------+--------+---------------+-----------
    1001 | /karl/calendar/d6012f78-9e61-48b2-ad4e-f07a50c62a4b.ics | f0ecc268daf3656adf669ca8d999ef0d | 2017-08-02 15:40:56-05 | 2017-08-02 15:42:30-05 | BEGIN:VCALENDAR\r +| VEVENT | 1001 | 6155 | 1002 |
    | | | | | PRODID:-//Mozilla.org/NONSGML Mozilla Calendar V1.1//EN\r+| | | | |
    | | | | | VERSION:2.0\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | BEGIN:VTIMEZONE\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZID:America/Chicago\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | BEGINAYLIGHT\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZOFFSETFROM:-0600\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZOFFSETTO:-0500\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZNAME:CDT\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTSTART:19700308T020000\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=2SU;BYMONTH=3\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | ENDAYLIGHT\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | BEGIN:STANDARD\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZOFFSETFROM:-0500\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZOFFSETTO:-0600\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TZNAME:CST\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTSTART:19701101T020000\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:STANDARD\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VTIMEZONE\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | CREATED:20170802T204056Z\r +| | | | |

| DTSTART:19701101T020000\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | RRULE:FREQ=YEARLY;BYDAY=1SU;BYMONTH=11\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:STANDARD\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VTIMEZONE\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | CREATED:20170802T204056Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | LAST-MODIFIED:20170802T204230Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTSTAMP:20170802T204230Z\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | UID:d6012f78-9e61-48b2-ad4e-f07a50c62a4b\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | SUMMARY:Wake up Sarah\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTSTART;TZID=America/Chicago:20170803T090000\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DTEND;TZID=America/Chicago:20170803T100000\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TRANSP:OPAQUE\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | LOCATION:XXX\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | X-MOZ-GENERATION:1\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | BEGIN:VALARM\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | ACTIONISPLAY\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | TRIGGER;VALUE=DURATION:PT0S\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | DESCRIPTIONefault Mozilla Description\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VALARM\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VEVENT\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | END:VCALENDAR\r +| | | | |
    | | | | | | | | | |
    (1 row)

In short there is a bunch of timezone data in the Thunderbird-created event (daylight savings time shift info) that isn't there in the phone-created event and the DTSTART and DTEND fields have a TZID subfield -- which the phone doesn't display when the event is looked at, but it does show time zone info when I look at the event created on the phone.

Is that where the problem is coming from? If so then it's definitely a calendar bug on the phone!
    Last edited by tickerguy; 08-02-17 at 03:51 PM.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-02-17 03:31 PM
    More on the calendar problem.....

Here's two events. One created on the phone, one created on Thunderbird. I can edit the one created on the phone on the phone or on Thunderbird, but the one created on Thunderbird CANNOT have its time or description edited on the phone.

This is what's actually IN THE DATABASE. The "Location" field is different (intentionally; I put "XXX" in the Thunderbird one) to make it easy to find in the database itself.

The ONLY difference I can see what MIGHT be involved here is the timezone is in the Thunderbird created event, and NOT in the phone-created one. I may try removing that manually from the database entry and forcing a resync to see if then I can change the event, but I don't know why that would matter.

In short there is a bunch of timezone data in the Thunderbird-created event (daylight savings time shift info) that isn't there in the phone-created event and the DTSTART and DTEND fields have a TZID subfield -- which the phone doesn't display when the event is looked at, but it does show time zone info when I look at the event created on the phone.

Is that where the problem is coming from? If so then it's definitely a calendar bug on the phone!
    Thx for your detailed report from your DB, I didn't get that deep into my zarafa system (would do if @andrewkbb would ask me to) cause I got around it being able to editing those different events with aCalendar. After editing there and up sync to server they are the fully editable in BlackBerry Cal too.

Perhaps you can check if that changes something to the TZ fields.
    08-02-17 07:22 PM
    I loaded aCalendar and created an event; that one didn't have the extra time zone fields. However, I still couldn't edit it on the Hub calendar app....
    08-02-17 08:39 PM
    Is it possible for you to edit those non-editable events created in TB with aCalendar now?

What is your version no of z-push?
    08-03-17 01:47 AM
    I found it with an investigative path provided by a PM from one of the BlackBerry people.

The cause is that the Hub's calendar app matches the organizer in a way that IMHO is incorrect. When I set up the Hub account my server wants just the username (e.g. "karl", not "[email protected]") as an identifier. This is consistent with how my other clients (those that are not Exchange) talk to both the IMAP and Caldav server as well.

The problem is that the Calendar app sees "karl" as the organizer of the event (no domain component) and says "you didn't originate the event, you can't edit the time and name."

That looks like a bug. For an Exchange account the match IMHO should be on whatever you presented as an authentication credential. It might be a FQDN, it might be in the form domain\user (if on a Windows network) and it might be a straight username (as is the case for most Unix systems serving only one domain, or which map multiple incoming domains to one for mail purposes.) Whatever it is, it should be considered valid as an "Organizer" tag -- but it's not. Instead it appears that the calendar app is matching on the email address of the associated Hub account -- not the identifier (username.)

When I changed my Exchange server software to force the organizer field to append the domain to my presented credentials for sent-down calendar events I can then edit the events.

I've reported this and hopefully BlackBerry's folks will see this as wrong in their code and fix it; if not I can work around it, but for those who are running binary-only Exchange servers it's a problem they may not be able to resolve unless their server will take a FQDN for authentication credentials -- and not all will.
    Last edited by tickerguy; 08-04-17 at 02:19 PM.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    08-04-17 12:12 PM
56 123