Anyone else notice BBM chats not showing up in the Hub after the latest round of updates?

I've tried clearing the data/cache which helps temporarily, but they seem to disappear again.

I've also tried uninstalling and reinstalling BBM which only succeeded in deleting all of my chats, even though I used the setting to back up the chats just before uninstalling. (Not sure what the point of that feature is, but that's a separate issue.)

I'm not sure if this is a Hub issue or a BBM issue since they were both updated.

Any ideas?

Edit: I should mention I'm subscribed the the Hub+ Services on my Pixel running the March security update.
    Last edited by 1delmar; 03-10-17 at 05:40 PM.
    03-10-17 04:43 PM
    Seems to be fine on my PRIV, and I just installed the updates.
    03-10-17 04:56 PM
    Weird, I just tried forcing both apps closed, clearing the cache on both, then restarting the phone and now it's working fine again. I'll chalk it up to a one-off with the updates and cross my fingers that it stays fixed.

Edit: OK, this is getting frustrating. It stopped working again today. Seems to work for a while, then stop.
    Last edited by 1delmar; 03-11-17 at 01:48 PM.
    03-10-17 05:55 PM
    Edit: I should mention I'm subscribed the the Hub+ Services on my Pixel running the March security update.
    Same situation as you, I can't remember if it started before or after the March update though.
    03-13-17 12:56 PM
    Just an update to this thread in case it helps anyone else...

BBM still wasn't updating properly in the Hub. If I cleared the Hub & BBM cache and restarted the phone the chats would show up in the Hub, but they would never update if any new BBM messages were exchanged in those existing conversations.

I uninstalled the Hub, BBM, and as a last resort Hub+ Services, located the previous versions of those apps, and reinstalled those older versions. As of this moment BBM chats are showing up correctly and seem to be updating, although time will tell.

This was a painful exercise since uninstalling the Hub+ Service removes all Email accounts (including contacts, etc.) from the device so I hope I don't have to go through that again.

For now, I'll stick with these versions (have disable automatic Google Play updates) and see how it goes.

Edit: If it helps, the versions I installed were Hub+ Services 1.5.0.43353, Hub 1.5.0.12372, BBM 3.3.0.16, and I also had to uninstall Contacts and Calendar since they gave Hub+ Services version warnings. I installed Contacts 1.5.0.12372 and Calendar 1.5.0.12372.
    03-13-17 01:05 PM
    Same situation as you, I can't remember if it started before or after the March update though.
    Nice to know I'm not alone.
    03-13-17 01:19 PM
    @1delmar and @GavinT, do you have Android for Work installed? If so, would you have installed BBM on the work side?
    03-20-17 10:48 AM
    @1delmar and @GavinT, do you have Android for Work installed? If so, would you have installed BBM on the work side?
    Nope, no Android for Work here.
    03-20-17 10:53 AM
    @1delmar or @GavinT, could you send a BugReport to [email protected] ? There is a "Take bug report" option in Settings -> Developer options. You can enable Developer options by tapping 7 times on Settings -> About phone -> Build number.
    03-20-17 01:34 PM
    @1delmar or @GavinT, could you send a BugReport to [email protected] ? There is a "Take bug report" option in Settings -> Developer options. You can enable Developer options by tapping 7 times on Settings -> About phone -> Build number.
    Not sure if it will help since I've uninstalled the offending version of Hub+ Services (and reinstalled the previous version which works), but I'll send one over anyway.
    03-20-17 01:37 PM
    @1delmar, for the BugReport to be useful, you would need to reproduce the issue again. I would be very curious if upgrading just BBM triggers the issue for you, or if upgrading just BlackBerry Hub+ Services triggers it?
    03-20-17 01:40 PM
    @1delmar, for the BugReport to be useful, you would need to reproduce the issue again. I would be very curious if upgrading just BBM triggers the issue for you, or if upgrading just BlackBerry Hub+ Services triggers it?
    I've since upgraded BBM and it seems to be working, so I still think the issue is with Hub+ Services.

I really don't feel like recreating all of my accounts again today (I did a factory restore), but I'll do it in the next couple of days and send the bug report.
    03-20-17 02:02 PM
    OK, so apparently after a factory reset Google Play turns on the automatic updates so my phone updates the Hub+ Services along with the other BlackBerry apps. Everything seemed to work fine for about an hour, then back to the same problem with BBM Messages (or replies) not showing in the Hub.

I took a full bug Report and sent it in as requested.
    03-20-17 05:00 PM
    Thanks @1delmar! We received the logs and will take a look.
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    03-20-17 05:19 PM
    I've experienced the same issue a few times over the last couple weeks. My solution has been to turn on "BBM Connected Icon" in BBM settings->notifications, then rebooting the phone, and then I can turn it off again.
    03-21-17 07:22 AM
    I've experienced the same issue a few times over the last couple weeks. My solution has been to turn on "BBM Connected Icon" in BBM settings->notifications, then rebooting the phone, and then I can turn it off again.
    Can someone please explain to me what exactly "BBM Connected Icon" means?
    03-21-17 07:47 PM
    Can someone please explain to me what exactly "BBM Connected Icon" means?
    @LiamQ can probably do this best. I presume it forces the app to run more in the foreground, so it updates in the hub better. I'd leave it on, but I hate that dang nag in my notification tray.
    03-21-17 07:57 PM
    @LiamQ can probably do this best. I presume it forces the app to run more in the foreground, so it updates in the hub better. I'd leave it on, but I hate that dang nag in my notification tray.
    I have my switch set to on but no nag in the notification shade.
    03-21-17 07:58 PM
    I have my switch set to on but no nag in the notification shade.
    You're on a GooBerry, aren't you?
    03-21-17 08:00 PM
    You're on a GooBerry, aren't you?
    DTEK60
    03-21-17 08:02 PM
    DTEK60

I'm using a Moto Z Force, so I see it.
    03-21-17 08:06 PM
    To my understanding, that icon is the symbol to show that bbm msg are not going through Google's push system, but rather BlackBerry's own push system. This is because BB doesn't want anyone to mess with the BBM msg. Leave the icon on, and the BB's push service will always be on. Turn it off and the msg won't be delivered if for some reason Android decides it doesn't like BBM to run in the background
    03-22-17 06:51 AM
    To my understanding, that icon is the symbol to show that bbm msg are not going through Google's push system, but rather BlackBerry's own push system. This is because BB doesn't want anyone to mess with the BBM msg. Leave the icon on, and the BB's push service will always be on. Turn it off and the msg won't be delivered if for some reason Android decides it doesn't like BBM to run in the background
    It's definitely running headless either way. When I haven't seen any new messages in a while, I can open the app instantly, and all the new messages are right there.
    03-22-17 07:19 AM
    OK, so apparently after a factory reset Google Play turns on the automatic updates so my phone updates the Hub+ Services along with the other BlackBerry apps. Everything seemed to work fine for about an hour, then back to the same problem with BBM Messages (or replies) not showing in the Hub.

I took a full bug Report and sent it in as requested.
    I'm having same issues, bbm chats are in Hub but not updating.
    03-22-17 11:38 AM
    I'm having same issues, bbm chats are in Hub but not updating.
    Now new BBM chats won't even appear in Hub
    03-22-17 04:37 PM
41 12