Question: I'm mulling over my next phone purchase but am seeking out information on whether the BB apps will work on them. I cannot see buying either the KeyOne or the next vkb device from "Blackberry", so would look for a higher end spec'd phone like the Samsung Note8, Sony Xperia XZ, Google Pixel 2 XL or even the iPhone X. Running things like the HUB and such would make it a consideration. Has anyone tried it on the Note8 or Xperia with success?
    10-04-17 03:00 PM
    I'm running the Hub+ suite on an S8+. Works great. Not using the BlackBerry launcher though -- using Nova, with Tesla unread for customizable visible notifications. This is the vKB "BlackBerry" that BlackBerry should have produced.
    10-04-17 03:41 PM
    Not sure about Sony, but Samsung doesn't allow you to easily disable their apps and their phones want to run their apps. I had a much better experience running the full HUB+ suite on a Motorola phone that allowed the user to disable all their apps. Google's phones will also allow for full implementation without any issues.

That said not sure which of the apps you really need other than the HUB which does run just fine on my S7 and work great with Samsung's Calendar and Contacts apps.
    10-04-17 03:43 PM
    (Thread moved to the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite forum)
    10-04-17 03:44 PM
    I use it on my secondary phone which is Samsung Xcover 3 today.
    Good: I have the Hub and some BB apps which I prefer to Android's.
    Bad: BB apps can not be moved to SD card. BB Launcher conflicts with some Samsung functions as ultra save mode. Not all BB apps are compatible (for example, no BB keyboard).
    Last edited by dmlis; 10-08-17 at 07:30 PM.
    10-04-17 04:19 PM
    I'm running the Hub+ suite on an S8+. Works great. Not using the BlackBerry launcher though -- using Nova, with Tesla unread for customizable visible notifications. This is the vKB "BlackBerry" that BlackBerry should have produced.
    My exact same setup on an S8+. Working great here.
    10-04-17 04:31 PM
    Same here had the S8 plus for two weeks running bb keyboard and hub flawlessly.
    10-04-17 07:39 PM
    I use the Hub + Suite on a S8. Best Apps are the Hub and the Password Keeper. You can get away with the Samsung Calendar and Contact apps.
    10-04-17 07:46 PM
    OnePlus 5, and everything works, at hyper speeds.
    10-04-17 08:13 PM
    Using the keyboard, Hub, calendar, contacts, notes and tasks on my S8. Works great. I disabled the stock (Samsung) contacts and email, but left the stock calendar to use its home screen agenda view widget. I like it better than the BlackBerry calendar widget that has no visual adjustments.
    10-04-17 11:55 PM
    Is there a monthly charge for the BlackBerry stuff or is it a one-off purchase?
    10-05-17 07:12 AM
    $1 a month.

Worth every penny of it to me.
    10-05-17 07:14 AM
    $1 a month.

Worth every penny of it to me.
    Be careful. The new beta version has issues.
    10-05-17 12:53 PM
    Be careful. The new beta version has issues.
    What issues? I have the latest beta versions and have yet to experience any sort of issues.
    10-06-17 11:38 AM
    Been fine for me too.
    10-06-17 05:54 PM
    Google blackberry manager. You can use that to also install the BlackBerry keyboard if you miss that.
    10-14-17 04:54 PM
    Using Hub + services on a Moto g4 and can confirm everything is very smooth with no issues. I use BlackBerry Launcher, Hub, Password Keeper and Calendar (although the calendar theme looks terrible in my opinion due to lack of dark option). A real pity that BlackBerry can't produce a Moto g type device. Great device for the money.
    10-15-17 12:55 AM
    Both my major issues with the latest round of the beta versions of the BlackBerry apps have been addressed and resolved. Good stuff BlackBerry.
    10-16-17 06:41 PM
    I'm bringing this thread back again. As much as I want a good pkb device, if Blackberry/TCL can't bring one with a larger or full screen then I'm considering options without a pkb. While the Motion looks okay, the specs aren't spectacular leaving me to think about premium phones and whether to just go and buy the Blackberry suite of apps.

Again, I'm looking whether there are any issues with Blackberry apps on non-Blackberry Android devices along with any caveats. I'm also looking for peoples' experiences on those other devices I'm considering - Sony Xperia X2 and Samsung Galaxy 8/9/Note 8.

Just get me off this stupid iPhone X crap.
    04-18-18 12:06 PM
    My company moved me to an S8 and I use the Hub, Contacts, Calendar, Tasks and Password Keeper. IMHO the Hub is very good. If you use an Outlook.com email you need the BB Contacts app. For some reason the contacts do not sync to the native contact app. In the end the Hub is really the only app you need. BlackBerry could also do a major revamp of the calendar app.
    04-19-18 06:06 AM
    Yeah, I used the full suite during the time I used the s8. Absolutely no issues and worked perfectly.
    04-19-18 07:23 AM
    Agree with Meattray the Hub Suite works well. The only thing is you cannot disable Samsungs native equivalents so there is unnecessary duplication. You just have to turn off notifications for the native apps.
    Hphv likes this.
    04-19-18 07:43 AM
    Issues found : no sparkling alert for new message arrived, new what's app messages arrived, email we can have notification dots, I am on oreo

Posted via CB10
    04-22-18 06:49 AM
    I'm bringing this thread back again. As much as I want a good pkb device, if Blackberry/TCL can't bring one with a larger or full screen then I'm considering options without a pkb. While the Motion looks okay, the specs aren't spectacular leaving me to think about premium phones and whether to just go and buy the Blackberry suite of apps.

Again, I'm looking whether there are any issues with Blackberry apps on non-Blackberry Android devices along with any caveats. I'm also looking for peoples' experiences on those other devices I'm considering - Sony Xperia X2 and Samsung Galaxy 8/9/Note 8.

Just get me off this stupid iPhone X crap.
    In that case you should try a lg v30. Price dropped considerably and specs and picture quality is almost on par with Google pixel 2 ans Samsung note 8 without spending 300-400 usd extra.

Myself I am a bb motion user and for me this is great but I advised a friend of mine this lg v30 whom wanted first to buy a iphone 8 instead. He is a professional photographer for a national newspaper here in Belgium and is is now very happy following my advice. He thinks quality of pictures looks great and the form factor fits his hands perfectly being less tall but slightly wider then the above mentioned flagships.
    04-22-18 07:07 AM
    Agree with Meattray the Hub Suite works well. The only thing is you cannot disable Samsungs native equivalents so there is unnecessary duplication. You just have to turn off notifications for the native apps.
    Can you not disabled them in settings - apps like on most android phones?
    04-22-18 07:10 AM
26 12