any news on when it will be available to the Non-Blackberry device Hub+ subscribers?
    02-14-17 03:59 AM
    Interesting for sure, I have it now played with it for 2 mins guess time will tell how much I'll use it.
    02-14-17 04:05 AM
    I got it today working just fine
    yvpan1 likes this.
    02-14-17 06:44 AM
    any news on when it will be available to the Non-Blackberry device Hub+ subscribers?
    Cobalt made it available on his Blackberry Manager app. Install it today.
    02-14-17 08:47 AM
    Yeah got mine as well, it works almost flawlessly on my priv. Well done BBRY team!
    02-14-17 10:03 AM
    BlackBerry software gong forward! This is great..we get the updates, new features, new software. Notable just made my PRIV more productive as it is so simple and effective! Thanks BlackBerry keep it coming

Posted via CB10
    Me too.

Makes me embarrassed for all of the times I found fault.
    02-15-17 08:25 AM
    So, i'm gonna be the party pooper in this thread. (IMO) The man-hours spent on building this app should have been spent somewhere else. Such as built-in sms for the hub, enhanced search in the hub. Whatever!

I mean, the reasoning for not having sms built-in right into the hub was that there's loads of similar apps in the play store... well, there's loads of similar apps to this one in the play store too. This one doesn't even have cloud sync.

Tasks, notes and calendar still don't have the same capabilities as their counterparts on bb10... but this one was worth the effort?

So, let's consider the scenario in which this app was the beneficial result of 'slack'. Well, considering bb's track record of supporting development for apps that don't bring revenue , it means this one already reached it's final form apart from a few minor bugfixes.

What does this app make us? Beta testers. Again.

Posted via CB10
    02-15-17 06:55 PM
    But it actually works. What makes it beta? I used it several times today without a hitch.

I think a lot of people have their favorite SMS app prior to coming to the suite for Android (I do... paid apps, in fact)and constantly updating them is a small developer thing. But I could be wrong.
    02-15-17 07:53 PM
    But it actually works. What makes it beta? I used it several times today without a hitch.

I think a lot of people have their favorite SMS app prior to coming to the suite for Android (I do... paid apps, in fact)and constantly updating them is a small developer thing. But I could be wrong.
    I didn't have a favorite sms app. I was presented with a redirect to that laggy and ****ty Google messenger app that'd also throw an error every time I rebooted the phone.

What makes it beta? For example, I didn't see a way to backup its contents. So, if my Priv dies, how am I going to recover those doodles? What if I want to switch from a priv to a dtek 60? Backup and sync are features builtin most modern apps but blackberry is waiting to see if the app sticks or not. They didn't ship a fully featured app. Same as they did with bb os 10.

Edit: oh look. I'm trying to save my doodles. But they don't show up anywhere. Edit2: my bad. I had to scroll down to see them. I expected to see current doodles instead of the huge 'tap to create a new image' screen after creating the first doodle. Counterintuitive IMO

Edit 3: last time I used an android full time I was on a nexus 5 over 2 years ago. But I did temporarily try out a few HTC and samsung devices in the mean time. They had proper sms apps. BB wanted to go as vanilla as possible but since messaging was legacy, they should have taken proper care of that aspect.
    Last edited by werkregen; 02-15-17 at 08:29 PM.
    02-15-17 08:12 PM
34 12