After the launcher bug a few days ago, and having to 2ce remove and reinstall my launcher, and repeat my widget/homescreen icon setup, the obvious takeaway was that there should be a way to back up settings so that one does not have to do that for a reinstall. The good launchers out there (Nova, etc.) have that backup feature.

Is there a file or files that can be easily identified and backed up so that one can just reinstate previous settings if a fresh install is ever needed again?

If not... it would be great if someone with the ability could add that feature to a patched version or create a tool/app that would do that
    07-02-17 06:26 AM
    Yes, indeed! Still rebuilding my home screens.
    07-02-17 11:50 AM
    After the launcher bug a few days ago, and having to 2ce remove and reinstall my launcher, and repeat my widget/homescreen icon setup, the obvious takeaway was that there should be a way to back up settings so that one does not have to do that for a reinstall. The good launchers out there (Nova, etc.) have that backup feature.

Is there a file or files that can be easily identified and backed up so that one can just reinstate previous settings if a fresh install is ever needed again?

If not... it would be great if someone with the ability could add that feature to a patched version or create a tool/app that would do that
    This is definitely a real weakness of BB's Launcher. I, too, really want backup/restore (although I doubt we will get it). While repositioning icons is a pain, recreating the position and settings of various Widgets is a REAL PAIN IN THE rear end! I have been harping about it since I've had the Priv. I found Safe Mode blows away icon/widget placement/settings and that really got my goat!
    07-02-17 12:05 PM
    It really is too bad. Back in the days of blackberry enterprise server 7 we had perfect and total backup and restore.

Now it's a decade later and we really lost something fantastic about mobile phones.

iPhone has solved this with encrypted iTunes backup. Not cloud based but hey it works flawlessly.

With blackberry we have nothing. I just replaced my keyone due to screen falling out. Most google apps and other 3rd party apps had their data restored. All blackberry apps were reset to default. Preferences, accounts, everything blackberry reset. Really unfortunate. The blackberry transfer app is also useless as an adb restore brings back SMS and other basic app data.

It's just really unfortunte that we couldn't get a secure and fully encrypted backup of everything including private stored data especially since blackberry is the expert in security and has done this before with BES7.
    08-20-17 01:53 PM