Just bought a priv and everything is fine except spell check not working in email body in hub. After searching see this is a known issue since the start. Any word on progress when it will get fixed as I may return the priv since I can't have a business email and not have spell check.

Posted via CB10
    gizmo21 likes this.
    11-26-16 02:50 PM
    You should at least be able to use the on-screen keyboard with predictive text which also flags misspelled words on the space bar.
    11-26-16 06:29 PM
    You should at least be able to use the on-screen keyboard with predictive text which also flags misspelled words on the space bar.
    Only on BlackBerry devices with BlackBerry Keyboard on though. Sadly they haven�t found a way of spellchecking in the hub webview editor for now.
    11-29-16 09:14 PM
    This is the same as when they released the PlayBook without native email. Thought they would learn. They're now supposedly a software company that has a communications management product they're trying to sell but it is missing a critical feature. Can't go to market with an incomplete product.
    11-30-16 05:17 AM
    Spell check is now working in the hub email messages!
    Cong Tuan Nguyen likes this.
    12-15-16 06:40 PM
    Yes Google is rolling out a version of Webview to some users which supports spell check.
    12-15-16 09:06 PM
    Spellcheck works in hub for me now with Android system web view 55.0.2883.91 of dez 9th.
    Thx Cody if you were the one reaching out to google for implementation.

And it works for both of my common languages , <s>but French isn't detected even if activated in BlackBerry keyboard.</s> Update even french works now.
    Attached Thumbnails Any news on hub email spell check?-uploadfromtaptalk1481955543421.jpg  
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-18-17 at 10:47 AM.
    FF22 likes this.
    12-17-16 12:19 AM
    My apologies for resurrecting an old thread

I have a new Dtek60 and seemingly everything is up to date. However, I have no spell check working in the Hub. I'll skip over how an omission of this magnitude feels perfectly normal for something with a BlackBerry logo on the back and simply ask: how can I fix this?

Although an old (ahem, withered) hand in BB terms I'm new to the Android platform, and as such I have very little clue about e.g. Webview or whatever version it is I should/shoudn't have. I also have no idea how it might be upgraded beyond what it currently says is installed and working.

Any wise words greatly appreciated!
    03-18-17 04:50 AM
    First go to google play and update all BlackBerry apps (incl. Hub+ Service) and the google "Android system webview" (V. 56.0.xxx) app to the latest version. Then restart device and try again.

Which language do you use and are those red lines are shown. Mind there are no inline-suggestions in webview spellcheck (e.g. in hub) so far, only red markings. Only suggestions are coming from the keyboard app if you use BlackBerry Keyboard.
    Last edited by gizmo21; 03-18-17 at 10:53 AM.
    03-18-17 10:43 AM
    What is 'system webview'? Is it a BlackBerry app or ?

How does it influence spellcheck?

I seem to recall it required updating maybe a month or so ago, and after reading the blurb on it, I decided it was a google thing and so held off updating it for quite some time, cos I disable the google app.
    Last edited by Heavens1; 03-20-17 at 03:29 PM.
    03-20-17 07:40 AM
    I use British English and the incorrectly spelled words are underscored with a solid red line. While you can tap to select the correct word from a list of replacements in all other apps, in the Hub nothing happens.

I've tried updating/restarting/factory reset etc. to no avail. Someone at BlackBerry must know this is the case, and I'm aghast it was allowed out the door to eat away into brand allegiance.

In fact this issue, combined with awful battery life and various other irregularities in the Hub, means I'm returning the phone.

I really hate Googling for answers to this sort of problem and discovering forum threads that lead nowhere, so I'm very sorry to say that if someone else stumbles here wondering, as I did, why their supposedly premium grade email device doesn't have the ability to identify and fix spelling errors, I can't help
    03-20-17 08:10 AM
    Android System WebView is a system component for displaying Web content:

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...ndroid.webview

Hub uses the Android System WebView both to display and compose email messages. The advantage of using WebView for composing email messages is that we can support rich formatting (bold, italics, colours, as well as copy and paste from Web pages). The disadvantage is that we get WebView's more limited spellchecking support.

Google owns the Android System WebView and updates it every 6 weeks or so. Google has indicated at https://bugs.chromium.org/p/chromium...?id=629609#c36 that support for spellcheck suggestions is planned, but they haven't said when it will ship.
    Uzi, anon(3641385) and gizmo21 like this.
    03-20-17 10:26 AM
    You'll note that the predictive words come up in compose emails when spelling is in issue, surely that goes towards getting your text right? (Pkb)
    Attached Thumbnails Any news on hub email spell check?-9226.jpg  
    03-20-17 03:59 PM
    Spelling dictionary suggestions were working for me and now they have stopped, as described above, only in hub emails and on web pages. Works fine with texts. On my samsung s7 I have android system webview ver. 60.0.3112.116 but it is disabled and the "enable" button does not function. I am also using the latest chrome browser ver. 62.

Can anyone suggest or point me to a fix?
    12-14-17 08:58 AM
    Spelling dictionary suggestions were working for me and now they have stopped, as described above, only in hub emails and on web pages. Works fine with texts. On my samsung s7 I have android system webview ver. 60.0.3112.116 but it is disabled and the "enable" button does not function. I am also using the latest chrome browser ver. 62.

Can anyone suggest or point me to a fix?
    You could try filing a bug against Chrome at https://crbug.com/wizard to see if the Chrome developers can explain. I suggest focusing on the lack of spellchecking in Web pages. If that is fixed, it should also fix spellchecking in Hub.
    12-14-17 04:11 PM
    I use British English and the incorrectly spelled words are underscored with a solid red line. While you can tap to select the correct word from a list of replacements in all other apps, in the Hub nothing happens.
    For BlackBerry Keyboard users, this is fixed with today's update to BlackBerry Keyboard 3.4.1.16225.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    10-29-18 11:47 AM
    For BlackBerry Keyboard users, this is fixed with today's update to BlackBerry Keyboard 3.4.1.16225.
    Just updated to that version (conservative updater here ) so thx for this very long lasting one finally fixed.
    Guess google got you some headache on that one. Nice popup-menu emulation there in webview, looks a bit different but gets the job done

Could have mentioned this in version notes instead of the standard "FIxes and stability issues", the praise would have been bigger.
    11-14-18 04:01 PM
    11-14-18 04:09 PM