Hi all I thought I'd share with you an annoyance of mine when it comes to the blackberry apps, especially the hub.

I like to use the Dark mode and the annoying Blue notification bar was making the hub unbearable to look at. However I have found a solution. If you download the app below you can set the notification bar to any colour you want. Makes the Hub look great for me now, on my lovely new Key 2.

Hope you found this helpful.

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...colorstatusbar
    Attached Thumbnails Annoying Blue notification bar in HUB, etc. Solved!!-screenshot_20180906-183323.jpg  
    jamesharmeling likes this.
    09-06-18 12:34 PM
    09-06-18 12:38 PM
    but why it's blue in the first place??

HUB widget also blue on the top, it's hideous
    09-06-18 12:48 PM
    I know. Who do they have designing these apps? They just need to give us a full black theme. Then I'll be happy.
    moosbb likes this.
    09-06-18 12:54 PM
    I know. Who do they have designing these apps? They just need to give us a full black theme. Then I'll be happy.
    Yeah! We need that!
    09-06-18 01:24 PM
    Agree about the all black theme. Although I did notice that the bar and compose button change colors if you set a color for an account and view just that account in the hub. I personally do not use account colors myself though.

Would prefer a black hub and black bar. Android UIs are always full of gawdiness and distractions - that just seems to be the recommended design language.
    09-06-18 01:53 PM
    I changed mine to black and all of the notifications disappeared. how do you change colour but keep notifications?
    09-07-18 02:06 AM
    This little app is a dream! I can't believe I am actually saying it...I wish there was a paid version so we won't get those ads and p/app controls!

I emailed the developer with those requests; you should do the same

I can't help but wonder why Android doesn't allow some user control over these obnoxious status bars? I mean this makes things so much easier on the eye when transitioning between different apps which I am sure it will be welcomed by users that require all kinds of accessibility services.

On one hand Material Design guidelines create uniformity across different apps (which I welcome) and on the other they allow this abrupt color change when switching apps....I don't get it?!?

At the very least the BlackBerry Hub+ Suite of apps should all have the same status bar color instead of that rainbow of colors...

If we could only get immersive mode WITH keyboard that would be a dream...
    Last edited by RK_BB; 09-28-18 at 10:03 PM.
    09-28-18 09:33 PM
    I found a better solution....

This app is super recommended! It will earn you back some lost screenestate and allow for app level control.

Hub & Calendar looks stunning!

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d...immersive.mode
    09-29-18 01:49 AM
    The Hub's bar colour is also determined by the colour you have configured for a specific account. So it can change with what account you're viewing and you have configured different colours for your account.
    09-29-18 08:31 AM
    The Hub's bar colour is also determined by the colour you have configured for a specific account. So it can change with what account you're viewing and you have configured different colours for your account.
    I have no colors configured to either account so it's blue for all.
    09-29-18 09:04 AM