Android Webview updated in the last couple of days and I now get this message when attempting to write an email :

Web page not available The web page at data:text/html; charset=utf-8;charset=utf-8;base64, could not be loaded because: net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

Uninstalled the latest update and BB Hub now works correctly drafting emails.

Wondered if anyone else had experienced this??
    05-19-19 05:38 AM
    Android Webview updated in the last couple of days and I now get this message when attempting to write an email :

Web page not available The web page at data:text/html; charset=utf-8;charset=utf-8;base64, could not be loaded because: net::ERR_INVALID_RESPONSE

Uninstalled the latest update and BB Hub now works correctly drafting emails.

Wondered if anyone else had experienced this??
    Go into developer options and select Chrome as your webview implementation.
    05-19-19 08:18 AM
    But don't use Chrome.
    05-19-19 11:45 AM
    But don't use Chrome.
    Install it anyway. You don't need to use it. The webview app is legacy.
    05-19-19 12:03 PM
    @colinstone, which Android OS version do you have? Which version of Android System WebView and Chrome?
    05-21-19 09:39 AM
    Install it anyway. You don't need to use it. The webview app is legacy.
    Chrome from Google is not safe. Or has it now been made safe?
    05-21-19 09:48 AM
    Chrome from Google is not safe. Or has it now been made safe?
    Not safe? In what regard?
    05-21-19 09:52 AM
    Not safe? In what regard?
    Sucking up lots of user data and forwarding it to Google
    05-21-19 10:25 AM
    Sucking up lots of user data and forwarding it to Google
    Don't use it if you don't want do. But install it so Android can use it for Webview.
    05-21-19 10:27 AM
    Can't say I've had that issue with the latest official Hub (not beta) using Webview. I disabled Chrome (can't delete it from the Galaxy S9). Webview is set in dev options and it did update back on the 14th.
    nevilleadaniels likes this.
    05-21-19 10:41 AM
    Can't say I've had that issue with the latest official Hub (not beta) using Webview. I disabled Chrome (can't delete it from the Galaxy S9). Webview is set in dev options and it did update back on the 14th.
    No problems on my Blackberry key2 using webview without Google Chrome and no webview is not Legacy
    05-21-19 02:36 PM
    No problems on my Blackberry key2 using webview without Google Chrome and no webview is not Legacy
    Yes it is legacy.

The code is much more compact and efficient running from chrome.

"For Chrome to handle WebView rendering, you'll need to be on v51 or higher with Android 7.0. The default behavior in this instance will be for the Chrome APK on your device to render Android System WebViews. Google says this is more memory-efficient than using the current WebView. The standalone WebView APK will no longer be updated via the Play Store as long as the Chrome rendering remains enabled on your device."

https://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...w-android-7-0/
    05-21-19 02:41 PM
    Yes it is legacy.

The code is much more compact and efficient running from chrome.

"For Chrome to handle WebView rendering, you'll need to be on v51 or higher with Android 7.0. The default behavior in this instance will be for the Chrome APK on your device to render Android System WebViews. Google says this is more memory-efficient than using the current WebView. The standalone WebView APK will no longer be updated via the Play Store as long as the Chrome rendering remains enabled on your device."

https://www.androidpolice.com/2016/0...w-android-7-0/
    What you quoted is indeed Legacy from 2016.
    Since then Apache HTTP stack and client have been removed. All apps targeting API 24 and lower need to update protocols to API 28+

https://developer.android.com/about/...9.0-changes-28
    05-21-19 04:23 PM
    What you quoted is indeed Legacy from 2016.
    Since then Apache HTTP stack and client have been removed. All apps targeting API 24 and lower need to update protocols to API 28+

https://developer.android.com/about/...9.0-changes-28
    I'm not sure what you're referencing here.

Chrome is now the default webview implementation, and has been for some time.
    05-21-19 04:26 PM
    System WebView is powered by Chromium so I'm not sure if switching to Chrome will change much.

OP: Hub+ apps work fine for me with WebView but @Vistaus had a similar issue recently. Not sure if he found a solution.

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...l#post13391610
    05-21-19 04:36 PM
    System Webview is powered by Chromium so I'm not sure if switching to Chrome will change much.
    The Chrome version gets faster updates. Chrome Dev faster still.

Plus, the implementation is more memory efficient.
    Invictus0 likes this.
    05-21-19 04:38 PM
    I have the same issue on my OnePlus 3T. Looking in the developer options I can see that I'm already using Chrome to render pages and that WebView is disabled.

Any suggestions?
    06-06-19 09:58 AM
    The Chrome version gets faster updates. Chrome Dev faster still.

Plus, the implementation is more memory efficient.
    Android System WebView gets (semi-)weekly updates on the beta channel, though.
    06-06-19 12:08 PM
    Android System WebView gets (semi-)weekly updates on the beta channel, though.
    It's still completely redundant since most people already have Chrome on their devices - whether they choose to use it as a browser or not.
    06-06-19 12:09 PM
    I have the same issue on my OnePlus 3T. Looking in the developer options I can see that I'm already using Chrome to render pages and that WebView is disabled.

Any suggestions?
    This wasa fixed in the latest BB Suite betas. Which is ironic as conite tried to convince me a few weks ago it was an issue on my end and I had to switch WebView implementations (which did not solve it), but BB now fixed it on their end, so in the end, it was not a device issue at all.
    06-06-19 12:10 PM
    This wasa fixed in the latest BB Suite betas. Which is ironic as conite tried to convince me a few weks ago it was an issue on my end and I had to switch WebView implementations (which did not solve it), but BB now fixed it on their end, so in the end, it was not a device issue at all.
    Except for the fact that I didn't have the issue on any of my devices.
    06-06-19 12:11 PM
    Except for the fact that I didn't have the issue on any of my devices.
    Sure, but why would BB include a fix in the latest beta if it's a PEBKAC issue? After all, if nothing is broken on their end, they couldn't have fixed it. Or did they add placebo code?
    06-06-19 12:14 PM
    Sure, but why would BB include a fix in the latest beta if it's a PEBKAC issue? After all, if nothing is broken on their end, they couldn't have fixed it. Or did they add placebo code?
    I'm not blaming anyone or anybody. I'm just pointing out that with the exact same software you had, I did not have the issue.
    Smokeaire likes this.
    06-06-19 12:15 PM

Any suggestions?
    Which version of Hub are you using? Which version of Chrome?
    06-06-19 03:28 PM

Any suggestions?
    Same issue on my Samsung Note 9.
    I uninstalled latest Chrome update and BB Inbox works again.

Not sure what else to do.
    06-06-19 06:03 PM
56 123