I found the notice in app store that the Agent of BlackBerry hub have been change to "Android" from "BlackBerry". It does what it said of hub on other Android phone such like Pixel2, but not on BlackBerry Keyone.

The Agent of Hub still "BlackBerry" when I use keyone. That cause some issue to violate my IT policy.
    06-14-18 08:18 AM
    How are you determining that the User-Agent is still "BlackBerry"? What version of BlackBerry Hub+ Services are you using?
    06-14-18 08:49 AM
    the BlackBerry hub+ service I used is 1.6.0.50753.
    I install the same version of BlackBerry hub+ service and BlackBerry hub app on my pixel2 and keyone. I have no issue to setup office365 mail account in hub on pixel2. but while I setup office365 on keyone, the IT auto response I violate the policy due to it detected the agent is BlackBerry.
    06-14-18 09:09 AM
    The User Agent no longer contains "BlackBerry", but we don't try to completely hide that the device is a BlackBerry device. You may want to tell your IT department that they are bad people.
    06-14-18 01:50 PM
    You may want to tell your IT department that they are bad people.
    06-14-18 02:11 PM
    I just figure out that is because device type as BlackBerry on BlackBerry phone. just wondering there is already address the BlackBerry in device model, why not change device type to Android?
    06-14-18 07:21 PM
    I just figure out that is because device type as BlackBerry on BlackBerry phone. just wondering there is already address the BlackBerry in device model, why not change device type to Android?
    Changing the device type requires the user to reactivate the account.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-15-18 10:24 AM
    Can you say more about what you mean by "requires the user to reactivate the account" ? Reactivate what account where? I too would like to change the device type to "android" on my keyone w BlackBerry Hub. My phone is blocked from using EAS in the Hub by IT because it has device type "BlackBerry". Device type "Android" would fix this. Thanks
    07-13-18 12:46 AM
    Can you say more about what you mean by "requires the user to reactivate the account" ? Reactivate what account where? I too would like to change the device type to "android" on my keyone w BlackBerry Hub. My phone is blocked from using EAS in the Hub by IT because it has device type "BlackBerry". Device type "Android" would fix this. Thanks
    Remove the activesync account from hub, ask IT to remove that device from server. Once that is done, readd account to hub.
    07-13-18 08:53 AM
    Thank you. I believe I did what you suggested but the device type is still "blackberry" so my device cannot connect to the server via EAS
    07-13-18 09:44 PM
    Can you say more about what you mean by "requires the user to reactivate the account" ?
    If we make that change, then every EAS user would have to reactivate their account. That's harsh.

Do you know why your IT department does not allow device type "BlackBerry"? Is it not possible for them to allow BlackBerry devices?
    07-17-18 10:32 AM
    If we make that change, then every EAS user would have to reactivate their account. That's harsh.

Do you know why your IT department does not allow device type "BlackBerry"? Is it not possible for them to allow BlackBerry devices?
    Or can you make it as changeable? You can still use "BlackBerry" as default setting and user be able to change others wording depend on their condition.
    07-19-18 05:55 AM
    Or can you make it as changeable? You can still use "BlackBerry" as default setting and user be able to change others wording depend on their condition.
    The user agent for a KeyOne with Hub is Android-BBB100-1

Device type shows up as BlackBerry, and this is likely what your IT team is basing their rules on instead of UserAgent, which they need to modify. I'm unsure if Hub team can modify this or if this is info pulled from the OS

Your IT department needs to modify their rules.
    07-19-18 09:34 AM
    The user agent for a KeyOne with Hub is Android-BBB100-1

Device type shows up as BlackBerry, and this is likely what your IT team is basing their rules on instead of UserAgent, which they need to modify. I'm unsure if Hub team can modify this or if this is info pulled from the OS

Your IT department needs to modify their rules.
    Gmail on pixel 2, it report device type as Android.
    Outlook on pixel 2, it report device type as Android.
    Hub on pixel 2, it report device type as Android.
    ==========================================
    Gmail on keyone, it report device type as Android.
    Outlook on keyone, it report device type as Android.
    Hub on keyone, it report device type as BlackBerry.

What's special reason that hub on keyone must report device type as Blackberry?
    Last edited by sadiku; 07-19-18 at 10:43 AM.
    07-19-18 09:41 AM
    I have the Hub+ on my Galaxy S8, and it reports device type as "Android".

Checking the settings in Office365, it shows the device name (SM-G950U), that I'm on AT&T, the device ID, the IMEI, and even that the S8 is on Android 8.0.

The full user agent is listed as "Android-SM-G950U/8.0.0"

Back when I had my Z10, it reported BlackBerry, and pretty much all the same kinds of information, even the OS 10 version I had on it at the time.
    07-19-18 10:16 AM
    Gmail on pixel 2, it report device type as Android.
    Outlook on pixel 2, it report device type as Android.
    Hub on pixel 2, it report device type as Android.
    ==========================================
    Gmail on keyone, it report device type as Android.
    Outlook on keyone, it report device type as Android.
    Hub on keyone, it report device type as BlackBerry.

What's special reason that hub on keyone must report device type as Blackberry?
    This is likely what BB/BBMobile chose to do in their Android OS. @LiamQ your thoughts?

I don't even understand why your IT would bother to block blackberry 10 devices over basic activesync. Sounds just plain rude and unnecessary. Only makes sense if they are setting up separate work container on device and controlling further policies but if you are allowed to choose your own activesync mail client, I'm guessing this isn't the case.
    Last edited by Rodney Wilder; 07-19-18 at 02:40 PM.
    07-19-18 02:29 PM
    I have the Hub+ on my Galaxy S8, and it reports device type as "Android".

Checking the settings in Office365, it shows the device name (SM-G950U), that I'm on AT&T, the device ID, the IMEI, and even that the S8 is on Android 8.0.

The full user agent is listed as "Android-SM-G950U/8.0.0"

Back when I had my Z10, it reported BlackBerry, and pretty much all the same kinds of information, even the OS 10 version I had on it at the time.
    Ya I loved how much info the bb10 UserAgent provided. I could easily see which of my users hadn't installed the latest is update.
    07-19-18 02:34 PM
    This is likely what BB/BBMobile chose to do in their Android OS. @LiamQ your thoughts?

I don't even understand why your IT would bother to block blackberry 10 devices over basic activesync. Sounds just plain rude and unnecessary. Only makes sense if they are setting up separate work container on device and controlling further policies but if you are allowed to choose your own activesync mail client, I'm guessing this isn't the case.
    I don't know why my IT block BlackBerry device, I had checked them before but not get any answer, it's a big global company, it's very normal that they just ignore my question and don't care about it.(I maybe the only one who use BlackBerry at this region)

I like BlackBerry keyboard, I like Hub also, but I can not make mail work under BB + hub, that's why I purchase another phone pixel 2.

Since Hub is able to report Android as device type on Android phone, I believe it could be do the same thing on BlackBerry.
    07-19-18 07:07 PM
    I think the history is that we wanted our BlackBerry Android devices to work in IT departments that were whitelisting BlackBerry device types from BB10 days. But it might be time to follow the Android crowd here.

The tricky part is that we can't change the device type on existing accounts without forcing users to re-activate, which is not friendly. We'll need to investigate if we can change the device type on new activations only.

This won't be a quick fix, and we probably won't get to it in the next few months due to other work that we've planned.
    Rodney Wilder likes this.
    07-20-18 08:30 AM
    Thanks for the replies. In my case, my IT department (big Global company) blacklisted bb10 using the blackberry devicetype as the the filter. That blacklist rule carried forward on android BlackBerry since the devicetype remained BlackBerry in the Hub. A user adjustable devicetype field, like I used to see in the Touchdown app or with the exchained app that is on the playstore, would be great for me personally. I think they started blocking bb10 to simplify their support requirements and perhaps due to MDM incompatibility
    07-20-18 02:39 PM
    Good news. Latest hub services beta update addresses this issue. I ha ve installed and it works well for me. Thanks dev team! From the beta release comments: For Exchange admins: New accounts created on BlackBerry devices will now identify the DeviceType as “Android” instead of “BlackBerry”
    01-17-19 12:02 AM
    Good news. Latest hub services beta update addresses this issue. I ha ve installed and it works well for me. Thanks dev team! From the beta release comments: For Exchange admins: New accounts created on BlackBerry devices will now identify the DeviceType as “Android” instead of “BlackBerry”
    Hi, what's your BlackBerry hub service version? Mine is 1.6.2.53586 from play store, and issue still there....
    01-23-19 06:38 AM
    Hi, what's your BlackBerry hub service version? Mine is 1.6.2.53586 from play store, and issue still there....
    You have the public release version not the beta one...that's why....
    01-23-19 08:56 AM
    You have the public release version not the beta one...that's why....
    Thanks for the reminder, I did apply beta tester and now it work well! I can login to mail server by using exactly BlackBerry phone, thanks to BlackBerry!
    01-23-19 09:02 AM
    You're welcome! Glad to hear that it's working well.
    01-23-19 10:06 AM