What the, why are there ads in BlackBerry Hub?
    Ads in Hub!?-screenshot_2016-09-03-13-13-38.jpg
    09-03-16 01:20 PM
    Are you using the free hub suite?

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 01:27 PM
    Not for BlackBerry device users.
    anon(10065266) likes this.
    09-03-16 02:50 PM
    Could someone please confirm that BlackBerry Android phones (Priv and DTEK50) do NOT have any ads in the Hub? I assume that is only for other Android phones where the user has downloaded the free version if the Hub+ suite, right?

If that's the case, the answer is simple. Pay for the Hub+ suite to remove the ads or buy a real BlackBerry phone!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 03:15 PM
    BlackBerry phones don't have the ads. Its only the other manufacturers that get the ads unless you subscribe.

Get a BlackBerry or subscribe if you don't want ads.

Posted via the BlackBerry Priv�
    09-03-16 03:20 PM
    That's not very fair.
    09-03-16 05:53 PM
    That's not very fair.
    How isn't it fair? You get ads with every other android app you don't pay for. Which is why I pay for almost all of them. I'm paying a dollar a month to not have ads in bbm. I don't think I should have to do that on a BlackBerry phone either but it's not killing me. If ya buy a BlackBerry then you don't have to pay for the software, if you don't but want it then pay or the ads will

Posted with my shiny new Priv
    09-03-16 08:30 PM
    That's not very fair.
    Huh?? Blackberry is not a charity. They have to earn money in order to pay for app development. If you buy their Android phones, you've paid for the apps, or you can get them for free on any Android, and let the advertisers pay, or you can subscribe. How on earth is that unfair? You have three valid options, or you can just not use the apps at all!

Posted via CB10
    09-03-16 10:40 PM
    That's the way they make their device exclusive, put ads on the other device.
    I recommend you to use outlook instead of hub to manage your email. It's clean, fast, and free.
    Q10Bold likes this.
    09-03-16 11:10 PM
    Could someone please confirm that BlackBerry Android phones (Priv and DTEK50) do NOT have any ads in the Hub? I assume that is only for other Android phones where the user has downloaded the free version if the Hub+ suite, right?

If that's the case, the answer is simple. Pay for the Hub+ suite to remove the ads or buy a real BlackBerry phone!

Posted via CB10
    Confirmed over here.

If $0.99 a month is too expensive for OP, then boo hoo.
    hoytbowhunter and filanto like this.
    09-04-16 12:11 AM
    I approve BlackBerry doing this.

You decided to not buy a BlackBerry device, which is just fine. With that, you must see ads in our software. Don't want the ads? Pay the $0.99 a month for ad free service. Seems fair.

I for one would pay the cost to use the Hub Suite of apps. Personally though, if I go Android (waiting on the Mercury device) it will be a BlackBerry device.
    hoytbowhunter, CDM76, Hazo and 1 others like this.
    09-05-16 08:14 AM
    You can also swipe the ads away to dismiss them.
    09-05-16 11:32 AM
    I approve BlackBerry doing this.

You decided to not buy a BlackBerry device, which is just fine. With that, you must see ads in our software. Don't want the ads? Pay the $0.99 a month for ad free service. Seems fair.

I for one would pay the cost to use the Hub Suite of apps. Personally though, if I go Android (waiting on the Mercury device) it will be a BlackBerry device.
    Well said. Agree completely!

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    Plazmic Flame likes this.
    09-05-16 03:16 PM
    I can't find any way to subscribe. I just get the ads
    09-05-16 05:06 PM
    Subscription will be available very very shortly.
    09-05-16 06:50 PM
    You can also swipe the ads away to dismiss them.
    Thanks for the tip!
    Edit: I did but they came back
    09-05-16 07:56 PM
    How isn't it fair? You get ads with every other android app you don't pay for. Which is why I pay for almost all of them. I'm paying a dollar a month to not have ads in bbm. I don't think I should have to do that on a BlackBerry phone either but it's not killing me. If ya buy a BlackBerry then you don't have to pay for the software, if you don't but want it then pay or the ads will.
    It isn't fair because I have bought multiple BlackBerry 10 devices and I shouldn't have to pay additional to remove ads. It isn't fair because BlackBerry is using the money I gave them for BB10 and putting it into Android development. Where are my BB10 updates?
    09-05-16 08:00 PM
    That's not very fair.
    What do you mean it's not fair? Buy a BlackBerry and you won't have to worry. Problem solved.
    Hazo and david7saad like this.
    09-05-16 08:08 PM
    Cool. No ads in BBM and WA application on my BlackBerry Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    CDM76 likes this.
    09-05-16 08:09 PM
    It isn't fair because I have bought multiple BlackBerry 10 devices and I shouldn't have to pay additional to remove ads. It isn't fair because BlackBerry is using the money I gave them for BB10 and putting it into Android development. Where are my BB10 updates?
    Well, for one thing, I can almost guarantee you that 'the money you gave them for BB10' is long gone and their Android development is coming from completely different revenue sources. BB10 was a net loss.
    09-05-16 08:18 PM
    What company gives you a new product for free because you bought products from them in the past? Honestly.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android on my Priv
    CDM76, 00stryder, vag65 and 1 others like this.
    09-05-16 08:20 PM
    Confirmed over here.

If $0.99 a month is too expensive for OP, then boo hoo.
    How much is that in Rupees? Too expensive, I'm guessing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    09-06-16 12:11 AM
    How much is that in Rupees? Too expensive, I'm guessing.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    Nope, it's too silly
    09-06-16 04:29 AM
    I feel you, Microsoft isn't letting me update Windows 98 to the new 10 version ) :

Posted via CB10
    09-06-16 10:41 AM
    Cool. No ads in BBM and WA application on my BlackBerry Priv device.

Posted via CB10
    Wish BBM was ad free on DTek50 as well. It's very annoying. And being Blackberry device should be ad free. Everyone else can see ads for ever though. Hahahhahha

Posted via the CrackBerry App on DTek50
    Hazo likes this.
    09-06-16 11:03 AM
75 123