Do you ever find yourself needing to access Hub or Calendar for example after you swiped the tab open?

Surely its possible to acces a specific message or event but in order to access the message list in Hub after the tab was swiped open there are few unintuitive ways to do so at the moment, more specifically on any device other than the KEY² in which the speed key can be used. This issue is specifically highlighted in the PRIV and the Motion but also in the KEYᵒⁿᵉ.

A while back I suggested opening Hub on a full swipe of the Productivity Tab and was told it was impossible to implement but now that all messages are available to view in the Hub tab it is really unnecessary however, there are more than few things you can't do in the Productivity Tab for which opening Hub is required and often times I can realize it (that opening Hub is required) only after I swipe the tab open.

What do you all think about making the currently present tab icons 'tap-able' to open the app which they represent? As it stands, the tabs are designed to switch between the different tabs but they do not respond when tapped a second time.

There is a an icon on the upper right corner of the tab that allows you to access the app of the opened tab but my thumb is way short to access it....
    06-23-18 12:10 AM
    Long press on tabs could also be a way to open corresponding app. This would be nice way to open the PIM apps from anywhere.
    06-23-18 01:29 AM
    Long press on tabs could also be a way to open corresponding app. This would be nice way to open the PIM apps from anywhere.
    Yup!

Tagging @LiamQ and @max-bb curious as to their take.
    06-23-18 03:02 AM
    sounds like a fine idea!

i'd also like to mark messages read from the productivity tab. there are times I am CC'd on unimportant messages that I really don't need to open up the hub and read.
    06-23-18 11:02 AM
    sounds like a fine idea!

i'd also like to mark messages read from the productivity tab. there are times I am CC'd on unimportant messages that I really don't need to open up the hub and read.
    That sounds like a really good idea too.
    06-23-18 11:44 AM
    Generally speaking, I do not understand why app developers and possibly Material Design guidelines continue to support putting app controls at the top while devices just get bigger and bigger. It makes some app features nearly impossible to handle one handedly.

I would think that single handed handling is common and rather important to address.
    @conite interested in your opinion.
    gizmo21 likes this.
    06-23-18 11:56 AM
    Generally speaking, I do not understand why app developers and possibly Material Design guidelines continue to support putting app controls at the top while devices just get bigger and bigger. It makes some app features nearly impossible to handle one handedly.

I would think that single handed handling is common and rather important to address.
    @conite interested in your opinion.
    Watch a big crowd of people hold and use their phones for a while. You'll see why.
    06-23-18 12:00 PM
    Watch a big crowd of people hold and use their phones for a while. You'll see why.
    Mmm, not sure I get it....what am I missing? Something to do with selfies? Camera use?
    06-23-18 12:04 PM
    Mmm, not sure I get it....what am I missing? Something to do with selfies? Camera use?
    For most, it's not generally about squeezing every last time-saving second out of the device - it's about having everything where you know and expect it to be.
    06-23-18 12:11 PM
    For most, it's not generally about squeezing every last time-saving second out of the device - it's about having everything where you know and expect it to be.
    'Time Saving' is a by product of purposefully designed ergonomics which I think Android lacks in general.

The fact the people are used to certain way of handling their apps / devices doesn't mean it can't be better.

I think Google is acknowledging that with Android P.

But I get your point.
    06-23-18 12:25 PM
    So what I am gathering is the OP wants to be able to click the icon to go directly to the corresponding app rather then the icon that is on the top of the tab? See below:
    Attached Thumbnails Accessing Hub from the Productivity Tab-inked1530026447552_li.jpg  
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    06-26-18 10:26 AM
    So what I am gathering is the OP wants to be able to click the icon to go directly to the corresponding app rather then the icon that is on the top of the tab? See below:
    That's exactly right! Thank you for helping me to make the point. A picture worth a thousand words...
    06-26-18 11:05 AM
    Sure makes sense to me. @LiamQ, can we make this happen?
    john_v likes this.
    06-26-18 11:17 AM
    Adding @Ken Wallis

As I understand, the Launcher team is also responsible for the Productivity Tab.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    06-29-18 05:14 PM
    Adding @Ken Wallis

As I understand, the Launcher team is also responsible for the Productivity Tab.

Please correct me if I am wrong.
    Yep, I own the Productivity Tab as well. This is certainly an interesting idea and I will take a look at adding it to the roadmap
    06-29-18 05:25 PM
    Yep, I own the Productivity Tab as well. This is certainly an interesting idea and I will take a look at adding it to the roadmap
    Thank you much!!
    06-29-18 05:55 PM
    Frankly I rather them bring back the swipe notifications, I use that more than opening the app from the Tab.

Only time I open it is for the Calendar, since there is no month view in the tab.
    07-02-18 02:19 PM
    Frankly I rather them bring back the swipe notifications, I use that more than opening the app from the Tab.

Only time I open it is for the Calendar, since there is no month view in the tab.
    If you mean swipe shortcuts to bring up 3 apps from the home button (like the PRIV & the DTEK) then this feature was eliminated due to OS design limitations; Google require the 2nd action of the home button to bring up Google Assistant.
    07-02-18 02:32 PM
    Were you able to get it on the road map? I know you can't comment on timing but wondering if this is being considered
    07-12-18 11:55 AM
    @Ken Wallis any comments you are able to share with us here? Can we expect this implemented in a future update?
    08-15-18 02:36 PM
    @Ken Wallis

I was hoping for this with today's update
    08-21-18 12:50 PM
    Was this ever made it into the roadmap?
    12-11-18 12:38 AM