Caro | The Most Addictive Game for BlackBerry

Caro is Tic-Tac-Toe like game with 15x15 grid field and player has 5 same symbols in a row first will win.

With BBM integration, users can invite BBM friends to download and play against each other. Each player has their record/rank on the Ranking Page

With Facebook integration, players can share their Caro activities to their Facebook wall.

Over 800,000 players worldwide so far, over 10,000 new players everyday and average of 70,000 players actually play everyday do prove Caro is what people enjoy everyday.

If you think you are smart, try Caro to prove it.
    If you think you are not smart, then try Caro to see you are dead wrong about that. You can beat high ranking players in Caro don't you believe that?

+ How to have Caro:

1. Install BBM v6 first. Caro will say error "net_rim_bb_qm_platform" if your device doesn't have BBM 6 installed correctly. Get it here: http://blackberry.com/bbm
    2. Install App World 3.x. Get it here: http://blackberry.com/appworld
    3. Install Caro from App World: http://appworld.blackberry.com/webstore/content/55335

4. Create BlackBerry ID. Create one here: http://blackberry.com/blackberryid

+ Requirements:

• Full browsing BIS/BES package/plan(Can browse websites)
    • OS 5.0++
    • Supported devices: 85xx, 93xx, 89xx, 9000, 91xx, 95xx, 96xx, 97xx, 98xx, 99xx

+ User Guide:

User Guide is always updated and available here: http://caro.dauden.vn/user_guide.php
    • Menu - Invite friends to download: Invite BBM friends to download Caro if they don't have Caro installed correctly.
    • Menu - Invite friends to play: Only BBM friends have Caro installed correctly are on the list for you to choose to invite to play.
    • Menu – Ranking Board: Find your rank and others.
    • Menu - Share/Hide my PIN: Your PIN is visible/invisible on the Ranking Board. Share PIN will get more players come to you. Hide PIN when you don't want other players know your PIN.
    • Menu - My Credit: This shows how many matches left for you to play per day. When it's 0, you need to wait for the new day(New York local time - UTC/GMT -5) to renew this Quota OR you can head to Menu - Caro Shop to purchase higher Quota 100 which let you play 100 matches/day. Everytime you buy this item, it will renew immediately your matches left to 100.
    • Menu - Caro Shop: This is where you can spend money for much more benefits while playing Caro.
    • Menu - My Rank: This will show your current Rank/Level
    • Menu – Connect to Facebook: Share your Caro activities onto your Facebook wall. You have to connect to Facebook everytime you start Caro.
    • Use trackpad/trackball/touch to make a move when it's your turn.
    • 5 same symbols in a row will win the match.
    • Match is Draw when field is full
    • Press C or in Menu options - Send Chat for Chatting in game.
    • Play offline: Let you play offline with your friends.
    • After 90 seconds if it's your turn and you don't make a move then the game will automatically end and you are considered as loser.
    • After 90 seconds if the other player doesn't make a move then the game will automatically end and you are considered as winner.
    • A short vibration notification when there is a new move from the other player.
    • A short vibration notification when a network game is started.
    • Count down 90 seconds is shown on the bottom left corner of the screen.
    • AdText is on the bottom of the screen indicates Ad, Notice or warning from Caro server, special events... Please always check this link to get latest information from Caro.
    • Players can add Caro profile box into BBM Profile to let friends see their recent activities from Caro: At Home Screen - Go to BBM - Menu - Options - BBM Connected Applications - Application Access - Edit - Caro - Edit - Check the "Post recent activities to my profile" option.

+ Warning:

Don't turn off network radio/wifi while Caro is running. This will shutdown Caro immediately and -1 Win and +1 Lose to your record.

YOU MUST EXIT CARO WHEN STOP PLAYING FOR CARO UPDATING RECORD AND CREDITS CORRECTLY. IF NOT, YOU WON'T GET YOUR CREDITS PROPERLY. WE DON'T ANSWER ANY QUESTIONS RELATES TO THIS. THANK YOU.

Always use Provide Feedback button inside App World to get help in few minutes or email: [email protected]

Always check Caro facebook Page for latest news and important information: http://facebook.com/bbmcaro

+ How to upgrade new version when it's available:

Go to App World, choose My World, press Menu and select Refresh List. you might need to clear App World cache by press Alt and RSTRST while you are in App World. App World will exit and when run again, it's fresh state.

You might also need to:

Upgrade App World to the latest version: http://blackberry.com/appworld

Upgrade BBM to the latest version: http://blackberry.com/bbm

+ FAQ:

1. It says "Can't connect to server": This means your device can't connect to the Caro server, the reasons could be:

+ Your device doesn't have full browsing BIS package/plan, can't browse websites at all.
    + Your device BIS connection is dropped or down or bad or too slow to connect..
    + The Caro server is down.

Solution: Try Wifi to check if Caro works OR/AND Try to browse websites such as http://caro.dauden.vn, http://facebook.com/bbmcaro. If you can browse websites, please try Caro again. If not, try to turn OFF and ON your network radio. Or you might try to turn OFF and ON the Data Service inside the Mobile Network Options.

It says "SERVER MAINTENANCE": This means you have to wait for the server is back to play.

. It says "PLEASE UPGRADE TO NEWER VERSION". You have to upgrade to newer version. The instruction is here

. If it's just hanging and you can't press Menu, can't move the focus, can't press Back button, can't do anything...

Solution: Try to switch to Home Screen. Go to the Network Option and Turn OFF the Network Radio. After few seconds, turn ON again and check if Caro exited or not.

. Why Caro can't connect to BBM? I can't sign in with my Blackberry ID and Password?

Reasons and Solutions:
    + Go to BBM - Options - Connected Applications - Edit Caro - Switch Disconnected to Connected.
    + BBM server is not available at the moment. Please try again later.
    + Make sure your BlackBerry ID and Password are correct.
    + Delete "BlackBerry Identity" module inside BB Options - Applications List - Add-on modules
    + Your BlackBerry ID may contain more than 5 devices if you are using BlackBerry Protect.

. Why Caro says: "MATCHES LEFT: 0": This is when you ran out of available matches / day for playing. (New York time - UTC/GMT -5)

Solution: You can buy a "Quota 100" item inside Caro Shop to lift up the quota or renew your quota.

. Why I can't invite my BBM friend to play or I can't see him/her on the list for inviting: This could be because you friend doesn't have same version of Caro installed correctly.

Solution: You need to invite them to download. If they have the same version of Caro already, please just delete him/her from your BBM and re-invite him/her. This will fix the issue.

. Why my score showed in Caro are not same as what is shown on the ranking board:

Solution: You have to exit Caro for it sending and updating your record onto Caro server.

(13-Nov-2011 - Updating...)

+ Screenshots:

Last edited by louis.keeper; 12-27-11 at 09:09 PM.
    shupor likes this.
    08-19-11 05:55 AM
    it doesn't let me close the game
    louis.keeper likes this.
    08-19-11 08:00 AM
    Can you play online with your friend?

Posted from my CrackBerry at wapforums.crackberry.com
    08-19-11 08:09 AM
    let u know as soon as i get someone else to download it
    08-19-11 08:55 AM
    You can add me and we can play

08-19-11 09:12 AM
    Just updated version 0.4.3.5 which has fixed some bugs including the one Peppe mentioned.

Cheers.
    08-19-11 11:43 AM
    Not for 8530? Whaaaaaaat?!?! Haha
    louis.keeper likes this.
    08-19-11 02:30 PM
    Not for 8530? Whaaaaaaat?!?! Haha
    0.5 now supports 85xx, 93xx

Cheers.
    08-23-11 01:34 AM
    Just updated to ver. 0.5.4 which now fully supports 9860 and badges system

You will have appropriate badge based on your level:

Check to see who is the best so far:

BBMCaro Records

08-28-11 09:28 AM
    Add me! pin:26BCD82C

louis.keeper likes this.
    08-31-11 01:27 AM
    Looks very interesting. Would like to try it to see lag issues etc.

Can I ask is there anyway of trying to stop it updating my BBM Status?
    louis.keeper likes this.
    08-31-11 07:36 AM
    I have no one to play against :\ lol
    08-31-11 05:46 PM
    Excellent thanks LK.

As an idea could we select the grid size from the usual 3x3 to your size.

Love this by the way. Playing against my wifey earlier during a quiet moment in the office. Thank you for this.
    08-31-11 09:31 PM
    Excellent thanks LK.

As an idea could we select the grid size from the usual 3x3 to your size.

Love this by the way. Playing against my wifey earlier during a quiet moment in the office. Thank you for this.
    08-31-11 09:32 PM
    Looks very interesting. Would like to try it to see lag issues etc.

Can I ask is there anyway of trying to stop it updating my BBM Status?
    You can change back when exit this game. We will have an option for you in the next update

I have no one to play against :\ lol
    You can add me and I will get some friends to play with you
    09-01-11 01:56 AM
    Excellent game, works fine on hybrid or offi OS. However, one concern. Why is game loaded into device and not to app storage? I occassionally delete my content store using DM, and of course this gets deleted in process, causing java exception error until re installation.

louis.keeper likes this.
    09-05-11 10:34 PM
    Excellent game, works fine on hybrid or offi OS. However, one concern. Why is game loaded into device and not to app storage? I occassionally delete my content store using DM, and of course this gets deleted in process, causing java exception error until re installation.

Hi, thanks for playing this.

For your concern, i am not sure what's exactly the problem you are really facing. Could you please provide me more detail step by step about the error then I could investigate asap.

Regards.
    09-05-11 10:45 PM
    Suggestions:

•Allow the app the be exited without incurring a loss. It should save the in-game state and resume it when re-launched
    •multiple simultaneous games
    •allow choice to turn off prompt to update status!
    •pinch-zoom would be nice
    •display name of person you are playing instead of just their record
    •Push notifications to let you know when it's your turn!

Keep up the good work!

Last edited by rrrebo; 09-06-11 at 09:11 AM. Reason: typo
    louis.keeper likes this.
    09-05-11 10:55 PM
    Suggestions:

�Allow the app the be exited without incurring a loss. It should save the in-game state and redume it when re-launched
    �multiple simultaneous games
    �allow choice to turn off prompt to update status!
    �pinch-zoom would be nice
    �display name of person you are playing instead of just their record
    �Push notifications to let you know when it's your turn!

Keep up the good work!

Thank you very much for your suggestions. We are trying our best to make it

Cheers.
    09-05-11 11:00 PM

Caro 0.6.4 | TicTacToe like game with BBM Social Integration

Today we'd like to say that we currently have 3000+ players so far. Check the Ranking Page to see you and your friend's ranks. And response for this many players, we have a Special Event calls x2. This applies only for today, 6 Sep, 2011 and from Level 0 to 6. The x2 means you win 1 match you get 2 win points(usually 1 win gets 1 win point).

Let's play and have fun guys !!!

Change log 0.6.4:(Please use the Check for Update menu inside the game to update)

+ Name has been changed to Caro due to RIM's restriction.
    + Time limit:

• After 90 seconds if it's your turn and you don't make a move then the game will automatically end and you are considered as loser.
    • After 90 seconds if the other player doesn't make a move then the game will automatically end and you are considered as winner.
    Last edited by louis.keeper; 09-06-11 at 04:23 AM.
    09-06-11 02:02 AM

Caro 0.6.4 | TicTacToe like game with BBM Social Integration

Today we'd like to say that we currently have 3000+ players so far. Check the Ranking Page to see you and your friend's ranks. And response for this many players, we have a Special Event calls x2. This applies only for today, 6 Sep, 2011 and from Level 0 to 6. The x2 means you win 1 match you get 2 win points(usually 1 win gets 1 win point).

Let's play and have fun guys !!!

Change log 0.6.4:(Please use the Check for Update menu inside the game to update)

+ Name has been changed to Caro due to RIM's restriction.
    + Time limit:

Is the time limit optional? I know that people tend to play as they get the chance; they are not necessarily parked in a chair doing nothing but playing Caro. If the time limit is not optional, I know I won't be able to play very often. It's much easier to carry on a game over time during a busy day, especially without push notifications when it's your turn. It would be exceedingly easy to miss your turn and lose. Not a welcome addition if it's not optional to turn it off.
    09-06-11 09:19 AM
    Is the time limit optional? I know that people tend to play as they get the chance; they are not necessarily parked in a chair doing nothing but playing Caro. If the time limit is not optional, I know I won't be able to play very often. It's much easier to carry on a game over time during a busy day, especially without push notifications when it's your turn. It would be exceedingly easy to miss your turn and lose. Not a welcome addition if it's not optional to turn it off.
    Hi, thanks for your suggestions.

If you play offline, then there is not 90 seconds time limitation.

If you play online, the other can't wait for you for too long, they need to finish the game, if they quit during playing, they will lose the game. Lot of people know they will lose for sure then they just stop and get the other waiting till they left the game and get 1 lose score, the real loser gets 1 win score. This time-limit just to make sure the score is almost fair for everyone.

Some don't care the score, but some really care and they really don't want to lose the score and their ranks.

And the notification for the turn will be in the next version. We are gonna have sounds and some more cool things later on.

Regards.

09-06-11 09:31 AM
    Just saying, my wife and I play the game online when we are in different places, but we may be doing other things, and come back to the game after several minutes. A 90-second time limit makes you commit to playing the game and takes the casual social aspect of it away. Please make this optional.

Maybe a longer time limit, like 2 hours, or 24 hours, just to keep people honest. How about if there were a few different options for time limit? 90 seconds for dedicated heads-up play, 1 hour for more casual gaming, and no limit for really casual?
    Last edited by rrrebo; 09-06-11 at 09:49 AM. Reason: suggested options
    09-06-11 09:45 AM
    Just saying, my wife and I play the game online when we are in different places, but we may be doing other things, and come back to the game after several minutes. A 90-second time limit makes you commit to playing the game and takes the casual social aspect of it away. Please make this optional.

Maybe a longer time limit, like 2 hours, or 24 hours, just to keep people honest. How about if there were a few different options for time limit? 90 seconds for dedicated heads-up play, 1 hour for more casual gaming, and no limit for really casual?
    Yeah thanks again, I just thought about this too. Like we can have 2 options, the default should be 90 seconds and no-time-limit. Then the inviter can decide and it will say in the invitation message, so if the other accepts that option, the game will start following that rule, if not, the invitee can deny.

I guess that could be nice rite?

rrrebo likes this.
    09-06-11 10:08 AM
    That would be good. Thanks for listening.
    09-06-11 10:18 AM
51 123
LINK TO POST COPIED TO CLIPBOARD