I Just wanna know whether Blackberry Evolve device's will get patch updates or not?
    10-04-19 08:33 AM
    highly unlikely as the company that released the device is gone.
    10-04-19 09:07 AM
    So the Evolve X accessories I have can be donated to my recycling bin too ;-/ ?
    10-04-19 01:45 PM
    Optiemus Infracom is the company that released the Evolve and is has not "gone"

They have however not released any update since November 2018 and therefore it is unlikely any further update will be forthcoming.
    10-06-19 02:20 PM
    Optiemus Infracom is the company that released the Evolve and is has not "gone"

They have however not released any update since November 2018 and therefore it is unlikely any further update will be forthcoming.
    Optiemus isn’t gone but the BBOptiemus division appears to be shuttered and the links broken
    10-06-19 03:14 PM
    Its not bankrupt like MP but I am fairly certain the BB division is gone
    10-06-19 04:13 PM
    Optiemus isn’t gone but the BBOptiemus division appears to be shuttered and the links broken
    https://www.optiemus.com/blackberry.html

Link from Optiemus... really not sure where the "shuttered " "broken link" info is coming from?
    10-07-19 02:56 AM
    Its not bankrupt like MP but I am fairly certain the BB division is gone
    If you are "fairly " certain then please provide some background to your assertions .

It's one thing to say that for all intense and purpose Optiemus and BlackBerry have come to some sort of impasse and that Optiemus has not released any new devices or updates ...this is factually correct...

But Optiemus is still operating and their website still claims to suggest that BlackBerry is one of the brands they are marketing ...

Fairly ...shuttered and broken do not provide a factual representation of the situation... one I am sure no one but the officials at both organisations actually do know....
    10-07-19 03:01 AM
    The entire licensing program is essentially dead at this point. Sales WAY underperformed expectations, and all 3 licensees have lost money on the devices, which is why they don't want to pay their licensing fees to BB and why there aren't going to be any more devices or updates.

https://forums.crackberry.com/news-r...umors-1177487/
    10-13-19 01:43 PM
    If you are "fairly " certain then please provide some background to your assertions .

It's one thing to say that for all intense and purpose Optiemus and BlackBerry have come to some sort of impasse and that Optiemus has not released any new devices or updates ...this is factually correct...

But Optiemus is still operating and their website still claims to suggest that BlackBerry is one of the brands they are marketing ...

Fairly ...shuttered and broken do not provide a factual representation of the situation... one I am sure no one but the officials at both organisations actually do know....
    They are also providing support. At least hardware support. Also, IMHO if they break the deal and completely orphan all BB devices manufactured by Optiemus - both will be losers, not just Optiemus. Because next time with whoever BB ties up with will find it even harder to sell BB branded devices.
    10-15-19 10:43 AM