So if the Evolve won't work in the US because the networks are CDMA not GSM...why won't the Evolve work on GSM networks like AT&T or T-Mobile?

There's a long list of other GSM networks in the US which i found, too: https://www.unlockedshop.com/a-full-...rs-in-the-usa/

Does anyone know why, therefore, the Evolve won't work in the US? Surely it would work on GSM networks, no?

Just picked up an Evolve as it works in the UK, but forgot it won't work in the US, where I'll be moving to soon. Oops!
    08-29-19 07:27 PM
    So if the Evolve won't work in the US because the networks are CDMA not GSM...why won't the Evolve work on GSM networks like AT&T or T-Mobile?

There's a long list of other GSM networks in the US which i found, too: https://www.unlockedshop.com/a-full-...rs-in-the-usa/

Does anyone know why, therefore, the Evolve won't work in the US? Surely it would work on GSM networks, no?

Just picked up an Evolve as it works in the UK, but forgot it won't work in the US, where I'll be moving to soon. Oops!
    GSM and CDMA are more for 3G and previous voice/data but LTE is the main problem with VoLTE and true 4G LTE data. From my limited understanding, the radio frequencies used in the primary markets for the Evolve are practically all the wrong frequencies in USA carrier land...
    08-29-19 08:00 PM
    GSM and CDMA are more for 3G and previous voice/data but LTE is the main problem with VoLTE and true 4G LTE data. From my limited understanding, the radio frequencies used in the primary markets for the Evolve are practically all the wrong frequencies in USA carrier land...
    Bugger. A shame! Thanks for the response
    08-29-19 08:11 PM
    Bugger. A shame! Thanks for the response
    Most phones don’t have this problem as they’re manufactured for different regions or continents. In the case of the Evolve it was produced for it’s OEM domestic region only since it couldn’t be sold in official capacity outside that limited territory.
    08-29-19 08:15 PM
    It might work, sometimes, on AT&T, depending on where you were and whether or not AT&T has moved old 3G frequencies to LTE already, but all US carriers are moving as fast as they can to move ALL towers to LTE-only, so even if it worked okay today, it would lose the ability to connect in more and more locations over time.
    08-31-19 08:02 PM