When can I expect BlackBerry Evolve X in the Indian Market.

Posted via CB10
    07-15-19 02:13 AM
    07-15-19 05:48 AM
    About nine months ago....

Seeing that BlackBerry and Optiemus are not too happy with each other on the licensing side of things. Due to poor sales, Optiemus is WAY behind on what they contractual own BlackBerry Ltd - but Optiemus thinks it's all BlackBerry's fault and that they have already overpaid BlackBerry.

Bottom line, I think Optimums is done with BlackBerry Ltd. I don't see the Evolve X seeing the light of day...
    07-15-19 07:51 AM
    About nine months ago....

Seeing that BlackBerry and Optiemus are not too happy with each other on the licensing side of things. Due to poor sales, Optiemus is WAY behind on what they contractual own BlackBerry Ltd - but Optiemus thinks it's all BlackBerry's fault and that they have already overpaid BlackBerry.

Bottom line, I think Optimums is done with BlackBerry Ltd. I don't see the Evolve X seeing the light of day...
    Perhaps you could provide a factual source to your statement highlighting poor sales , optiemus's contractual obligations etc?
    07-15-19 09:46 AM
    Perhaps you could provide a factual source to your statement highlighting poor sales , optiemus's contractual obligations etc?
    They had a contractual obligation to pay BlackBerry $4.9 million in licencing fees by March 31st of this year, and they only ponied up $1.5 million (and feel they should be getting about half of that back too).

We are both smart people, and know exactly what that implies.
    07-15-19 09:58 AM
    They had a contractual obligation to pay BlackBerry $4.9 million in licencing fees by March 31st of this year, and they only ponied up $1.5 million (and feel they should be getting about half of that back too).

We are both smart people, and know exactly what that implies.
    We both know what it could imply, similarly we both know that the deal may have been very complex and either side may be at fault so to suggest categorically otherwise is also incorrect.

One tries to stay impartial and provide information not speculate on what something may or may not imply ....
    07-15-19 10:11 AM
    It was discussed in this thread... https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...oblem-1173842/

Which takes a statement from Optiemus own quarterly report.
    07-15-19 10:12 AM
    We both know what it could imply, similarly we both know that the deal may have been very complex and either side may be at fault so to suggest categorically otherwise is also incorrect.

One tries to stay impartial and provide information not speculate on what something may or may not imply ....
    What possible indications do you have to suggest that sales were anything other than utterly abysmal?

I appreciate not wanting to jump to conclusions, but when something walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck....
    07-15-19 10:20 AM

The Company had entered into agreement with Blackberry Limited for providing licensing and software services w.e.f. July 1, 2017. Under the said agreement, the Company is required to pay a minimum guarantee royalty fee against which the company has received a demand of USD 4.29 million till 31st March 2019 out of which only USD 1.5 million paid. However, the management has disputed the payment of royalty on account of delay in launch of Blackberry handsets due to the fault on part of Blackberry and out of USD 4.29 million, USD 0.72 million has recognized royalty expense till 31st March 2019. The balance amount is under dispute and has not been recognized as expense during the period.
    This is a public forum.... speculation is big part of things, and about the only way to answer the OP question.

That said... Optiemus has marked down the Evolve like no BBMo product has ever been marked down. The Evolve X is still MIA after close to a year. All updates for Optiemus products ended last year. This report just confirms that Optiemus sales are well below what they hoped for. Chen in the past talked about Royalty payments being on a per device basis (wasn't what he wanted, but what he could get). I'm sure that he sill put some requirements on production levels in the contract... thus the $4.29 Million.
    07-15-19 10:22 AM
    [QUOTE=conite;13417637]What possible indications do you have to suggest that sales were anything other than utterly abysmal?

I bought three Evolves!!! ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    07-15-19 02:14 PM
    [QUOTE=Amaroni;13417700]
    What possible indications do you have to suggest that sales were anything other than utterly abysmal?

I bought three Evolves!!!
    Lol. Awesome!

That actually would have registered with Optiemus HQ!
    07-15-19 02:19 PM
    roflmao....well you did ask ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    07-15-19 02:20 PM
    When can I expect BlackBerry Evolve X in the Indian Market.

Posted via CB10
    I'm waiting 2.
    07-28-19 09:58 PM
    I'm waiting 2.
    And you will be for a very long time sadly
    07-29-19 08:07 AM
    And you will be for a very long time sadly
    Yeah even the retailers that had placeholder pages... have given up on updating the release date anymore.

At this point with BlackBerry and Optiemus arguing over contractual payments - and there is a big difference. Along with all updates have ended. I suspect Optiemus is done with BlackBerry... other than selling off what inventory they have.
    07-29-19 08:53 AM