Received this morning, very surprised with the build quality, and also the software experience. Get good 4g signal from o2 and ee
    Congrats!
    08-19-19 11:59 AM
    I have been using PRIV (Q10 before that) for past few years and now I need a new phone, I am aware of the fact that Evolve is no longer getting any update. I just love BlackBerry and cannot consider Key1 or 2 as I have to buy a laptop soon. Any advice from the BlackBerry Evolve users?
    I'm too late but.. No. Your money is better spent elsewhere.
    08-22-19 01:02 PM
    I'm too late but.. No. Your money is better spent elsewhere.
    No doubt of that... but he said he "just love BlackBerry".

But in the end the update issue can't really be overlooked. If your going to pay that much, you should be able to buy a phone that will at least get two years of patches and a at least one update (which would be two above the Evolve).
    08-22-19 01:08 PM
    After using it for a few days, my friend has asked me to purchase another! As long aspeople understand that there is no warranty when purchasing from another country and if your carrier supports the signal bands it's definitely a good buy!
    08-23-19 07:03 AM
    it is not even worth $50.
    A terrible phone by all means.
    08-23-19 07:06 AM
    it is not even worth $50.
    A terrible phone by all means.
    Haven't really seen where it's a terrible phone... Just it's got no support behind it and the price even at the mark down really isn't all that great.

But if you want a BlackBerry, don't mind not getting updates and it works in your market....
    08-23-19 07:11 AM
    Haven't really seen where it's a terrible phone... Just it's got no support behind it and the price even at the mark down really isn't all that great.

But if you want a BlackBerry, don't mind not getting updates and it works in your market....

I got one for one week and returned it.

Service signal drop down all the time.
    Poor speaker.
    Lagging with minimal tasks and overheat.
    Poor and dim screen.
    Terrible to non existent camera.
    No update or support from the manufacturer.

I will never recommend it over any entry level or mid-range Nokia phones or even Chinese phones.

Good crappy phone if it is under $50. Other than that, a big NO!
    08-23-19 07:19 AM
    I got one for one week and returned it.

Service signal drop down all the time.
    Poor speaker.
    Lagging with minimal tasks and overheat.
    Poor and dim screen.
    Terrible to non existent camera.
    No update or support from the manufacturer.

I will never recommend it over any entry level or mid-range Nokia phones or even Chinese phones.

Good crappy phone if it is under $50. Other than that, a big NO!
    Where are you located and what carrier(s) was device used on?
    08-23-19 11:30 AM
    sometimes a device needs a learned user to function to the best of it capability 🤗
    08-23-19 02:00 PM
    Where are you located and what carrier(s) was device used on?
    USA/ AT&T.
    Got it from Amazon for $199.

All in all, a piece of junk!
    08-23-19 02:11 PM
    Received this morning, very surprised with the build quality, and also the software experience. Get good 4g signal from o2 and ee
    So why wouldn't it work at all in the US then?
    08-23-19 03:50 PM
    USA/ AT&T.
    Got it from Amazon for $199.

All in all, a piece of junk!
    It didn't have the right bands for USA let alone for AT&T use. I love to crap on BBOptiemus, however, I don't really think you can blame them for poor support when the device wasn't ever intended for the USA region. I'm on AT&T myself and the Evolve has been strongly discouraged for use here on CB website.
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    08-23-19 08:43 PM
    I want you guys to know that I have canceled the order. It was delayed (it was supposed to be here by 19th and when I contacted the Flipkart customer support, they assured a delivery by 27th. I wasn't really comfortable with the fact that the seller has changed and thus the chances of a replacement (if the device is faulty) is less. I still love BlackBerry, but I need a device decent enough to get me going through my studies and travel. Maybe next year if the weather is (BlackBerry and India) clear I might get a new device from BlackBerry.
    08-25-19 07:16 AM
    I want you guys to know that I have canceled the order. It was delayed (it was supposed to be here by 19th and when I contacted the Flipkart customer support, they assured a delivery by 27th. I wasn't really comfortable with the fact that the seller has changed and thus the chances of a replacement (if the device is faulty) is less. I still love BlackBerry, but I need a device decent enough to get me going through my studies and travel. Maybe next year if the weather is (BlackBerry and India) clear I might get a new device from BlackBerry.
    You could purchase via Amazon at 14,600 or 14,700 on prime
    08-25-19 07:33 AM
    You could purchase via Amazon at 14,600 or 14,700 on prime
    At the time of my order the price was 12990/- . So I had the same amount in my hand till yesterday, so I went in to an electronic store and bought Nokia 7.1 and I got a decent Bluetooth speaker as freebie. I also bought a laptop (HP with Intel i3, 4GB DDR4, 1TB HDD, 15.6" LCD) for 30,000/- so I was on a tight budget.
    08-25-19 07:50 AM
    If you're in The US absolutely not. Trust me!
    09-13-19 03:09 AM
    I have been a die hard BlackBerry fan and after much thought got myself a BlackBerry evolve from Amazon India, for about ₹15k.

The evolve is my first android device, before which I used a bbx q5, and the 9900 before that. I used the real BlackBerry devices(7,10) to their fullest capacity and were my primary devices, even though I had a proper licenced win pcs, and an iPad. The BlackBerry was always the simplest to use for a guy lije me whose primary job was sales.

Q5 failed and I was forced to move to other android devices, used the BlackBerry suite paid version, for a dollar a month scheme for some time.

The evolve came in about 4 months back and was an utter disappointment.

With my vast usage of the bb7 platform, the BlackBerry 10 platform and now this, I seriously suggest to everybody considering the android BlackBerry devices to just simply avoid any such misadventures. You will be utterly disappointed.

Better phones with better features, better software and better email clients are available, though they are not as seamlessly integrated like the BlackBerry 10 devices.

Just simple move on. BlackBerry is dead. Long live the King.

Takes about 5 hours to charge using the normal supplied wall charger.
    Camera is worse than my 2007 Samsung device.
    Build is good and durable.

Phone book and other BlackBerry apps lack basic features like call details, lengths of calls etc., no of calls tried etc which was much better in BlackBerry 7,10.

Until recently the android password app never had a cloud back up feature.

Hub is a disaster.

My Front cam cannot save a selfie taken. Works fine with flash and all, but does not save pics.

And my device is updated, not hacked or ever experimented with in any way. Runs OE BlackBerry android, as was given by the company, and later updated. Auto update is on, for play store, firmware and security updates.
    10-04-19 03:34 PM
    I have been a die hard BlackBerry fan and after much thought got myself a BlackBerry evolve from Amazon India, for about ₹15k.

The evolve is my first android device, before which I used a bbx q5, and the 9900 before that. I used the real BlackBerry devices(7,10) to their fullest capacity and were my primary devices, even though I had a proper licenced win pcs, and an iPad. The BlackBerry was always the simplest to use for a guy lije me whose primary job was sales.

Q5 failed and I was forced to move to other android devices, used the BlackBerry suite paid version, for a dollar a month scheme for some time.

The evolve came in about 4 months back and was an utter disappointment.

With my vast usage of the bb7 platform, the BlackBerry 10 platform and now this, I seriously suggest to everybody considering the android BlackBerry devices to just simply avoid any such misadventures. You will be utterly disappointed.

Better phones with better features, better software and better email clients are available, though they are not as seamlessly integrated like the BlackBerry 10 devices.

Just simple move on. BlackBerry is dead. Long live the King.

Takes about 5 hours to charge using the normal supplied wall charger.
    Camera is worse than my 2007 Samsung device.
    Build is good and durable.

Phone book and other BlackBerry apps lack basic features like call details, lengths of calls etc., no of calls tried etc which was much better in BlackBerry 7,10.

Until recently the android password app never had a cloud back up feature.

Hub is a disaster.

My Front cam cannot save a selfie taken. Works fine with flash and all, but does not save pics.

And my device is updated, not hacked or ever experimented with in any way. Runs OE BlackBerry android, as was given by the company, and later updated. Auto update is on, for play store, firmware and security updates.
    Ah another person who has a lists of complaints but doesn't really tell us what they are ....

"Hub is a disaster " - why? (Haven't you figured out how to use it)

"Battery takes five hours to charge" - Apart from being a large battery are you using the boost facility? Oh you didnt mention if the battery lasts the day being such a heavy user

"Device is updated " - date of last update?

"Phone and other BlackBerry apps" you only mention phone book and calls ...what's the issue with other BlackBerry apps?

It's so good to see a balanced opinion after 4 months of usage.... Are you still using the Evolve or have you moved on ?
    10-05-19 01:19 AM
    Try a Xiaomi A2. Runs on android one so direct software and updates from google. Pure stock android. No bloatware like Samsung phones and has kind of same hardware as the key2 and also quite good camera. Or any other android one phone would be goor software experience...
    10-05-19 02:38 AM
    Ah another person who has a lists of complaints but doesn't really tell us what they are ....

"Hub is a disaster " - why? (Haven't you figured out how to use it)

"Battery takes five hours to charge" - Apart from being a large battery are you using the boost facility? Oh you didnt mention if the battery lasts the day being such a heavy user

"Device is updated " - date of last update?

"Phone and other BlackBerry apps" you only mention phone book and calls ...what's the issue with other BlackBerry apps?

It's so good to see a balanced opinion after 4 months of usage.... Are you still using the Evolve or have you moved on ?
    I’d add that it appears this member is also upset that BBAndroid isn’t BB10 as if somehow this was BB intent when creating BBAndroid from the beginning. Some BB10 users since 2015 are surprised that BBAndroid is Android with some BB10 features. It seems these users are expecting BB10 with full Android ecosystem.

Two problems are that BB was and is limited to Android rules since Google owns Android so it makes certain rules. Second is that BB was looking to attract the Android user back to BB with BBAndroid not BB10 users as much as many believe. Since Android has far more former BB users plus millions of initial users, it’s the logical market for BB to pursue then. BB10 users eventually have to switch to Android/iOS either way for mainstream convenience. That was thought process of the last five years since development started.

As BB10 winds down between now and the end, whenever that occurs for each individual, you’ll see these complaints. Since BBAndroid itself has unknown future, some of these users are going to complain not realizing their stubbornness to move forward sooner might have resulted in a possible level of success and future BB support. As it stands now, the end choice will be Android/iOS unless ...... fill in, I can think of nothing
    Last edited by Chuck Finley69; 10-05-19 at 06:20 AM.
    10-05-19 06:10 AM
    It didn't have the right bands for USA let alone for AT&T use. I love to crap on BBOptiemus, however, I don't really think you can blame them for poor support when the device wasn't ever intended for the USA region. I'm on AT&T myself and the Evolve has been strongly discouraged for use here on CB website.
    In case it makes you feel better - they dont even support the largest Telecom Operator of India (Jio). Being a set manufactured in India.. it is funny!
    10-10-19 04:25 AM
    Do not buy the Evolve or forbwhat matter any BlackBerry Android device.

BlackBerry is dead with respect to Android, Optimus and the firm ware is nothing great. Only useful app is probably the password keeper, which you can use even without a BlackBerry instrument or a BlackBerry subscription. Actually that is true with all the apps of BlackBerry.
    11-09-19 11:19 PM
    Do not buy the Evolve or forbwhat matter any BlackBerry Android device.

BlackBerry is dead with respect to Android, Optimus and the firm ware is nothing great. Only useful app is probably the password keeper, which you can use even without a BlackBerry instrument or a BlackBerry subscription. Actually that is true with all the apps of BlackBerry.
    My only recent comparisons with BBAndroid are the PRIV, DTEK and the KEYone since I prefer carrier devices and the DTEK support theorem.

BBAndroid is better than regular Android only in that it’s actually integrated with the BB apps since they’re baked in from the start.

The best thing about BBAndroid is that it’s what BB10 should have been ecosystem wise. Had BBAndroid happened ASAP once Android was introduced, perhaps it would have made a difference since BB would have billions $$$ with a B of cash to have supported and built a better Android mousetrap from the perspective that BB could have been a larger partner when that was a thing back then.

With the Android/iOS dominance now, there’s basically two proprietary OEMs and one licensed OEM that rule the Android/iOS marketplace. Everyone from LG down is just one more OEM that uses Android mobile as part of electronics products offering. BlackBerry wouldn’t have a place now either.
    11-10-19 07:16 AM
    What we all liked about BlackBerry was that all the apps integrated well with one another and the OS. We all fell for the seamless way with which everything got interwoven with each other, to such an extent that even today neither iOS or Android have come close to the simplicity ,speed and seamless integration of some of the features of bb7/10 like it's browser reader mode, the effortless way with which MS office docs would open straight from the email page on BlackBerry 7 or BlackBerry 10. Even the latest versions of iOS and Android are pathetic in those respects.
    11-10-19 07:53 AM
    What we all liked about BlackBerry was that all the apps integrated well with one another and the OS. We all fell for the seamless way with which everything got interwoven with each other, to such an extent that even today neither iOS or Android have come close to the simplicity ,speed and seamless integration of some of the features of bb7/10 like it's browser reader mode, the effortless way with which MS office docs would open straight from the email page on BlackBerry 7 or BlackBerry 10. Even the latest versions of iOS and Android are pathetic in those respects.
    BBAndroid wasn’t ever meant to imitate BB10 as target market of the intended demographic is Android users not BB10 users. BBAndroid is what BB tried for emulating features of BBOS and BB10 that it felt Android users might appreciate. BB doesn’t want to alienate the Android base as they’re more important to please since they offer critical size of market.

Unfortunately, even BBAndroid market isn’t big enough. The BB10 market is and has been too small to be viable.
    11-10-19 08:08 AM
55 123