You just repeated what I said, therefore, we’re in agreement. By announcing the low sales performance results, Optiemus has sealed the failure of their BB licensing agreement. Optiemus has been in the phone business and will continue their phone business. I just feel they executed BB license business with double tap head shots

Huh? A supposed failure on the part of BlackBerry (Canada) to honour its part of the licensing agreement does not constitute low sales performances nor an announcement.... That's all the Optiemus accounts state ....
    10-19-19 02:15 PM
    Huh? A supposed failure on the part of BlackBerry (Canada) to honour its part of the licensing agreement does not constitute low sales performances nor an announcement.... That's all the Optiemus accounts state ....
    Be serious. You know as well as any of us that the Evolve was a sales disaster.
    10-19-19 02:36 PM
    What has BB not honored with the licensing agreement? The Evolve has BBAndroid installed on devices including yours. The public document lists a dispute over additional monies owed to BB that Optiemus is disputing. If the device had sold well, Optiemus wouldn’t be in a dispute in such a public manner. You’d see a lack of information and direction like TCL with it’s BBMo division.
    10-19-19 10:03 PM
    Be serious. You know as well as any of us that the Evolve was a sales disaster.
    And whilst this may be true , Chuck is factually incorrect and that's all I am pointing out .
    10-20-19 12:19 AM
    What has BB not honored with the licensing agreement? The Evolve has BBAndroid installed on devices including yours. The public document lists a dispute over additional monies owed to BB that Optiemus is disputing. If the device had sold well, Optiemus wouldn’t be in a dispute in such a public manner. You’d see a lack of information and direction like TCL with it’s BBMo division.
    I am really at a loss how you can come to this conclusion. The statement reads that Optiemus has withheld part of the licensing fees due to non performance by BlackBerry.

Do you think just because my device has BlackBerry software installed constitutes the full agreement between both parties ?

What are doing as usual is adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 . You do not and neither do I have the full facts at hand .

The facts we do have is the despite your assertions that Optiemus is shuttered they did honour their commitment to the OP and repaired his device with a new part...which I might add suggests that at least they have spare parts available . ( yes I know the evolve was a disaster so they have plenty of spares lying around)

Optiemus is a public company who's shares a publicly traded as such they are required to disclose all information good or bad , to withhold information would be regarded as misleading their shareholders.

So now let's look at BlackBerry's response , legal or otherwise ...oh wait ..there hasnt been one ! Such a public shaming and no response?

BlackBerry Ltd has has 4 licensing agreements , 2 have failed completely and the other 2 are missing in action.

I have used BlackBerry devices since 2011 and will continue to sing the praises of their technology and hardware (my opinion) but I won't just agree to half made up statements which have been based on speculation and not fact ....
    10-20-19 12:35 AM
    Lets hope something works out between them (wont be shocked if it goes either way though).
    But even without OS updates, $175 (INR 13K) is not a bad price at all.
    10-20-19 02:04 AM
    I am really at a loss how you can come to this conclusion. The statement reads that Optiemus has withheld part of the licensing fees due to non performance by BlackBerry.

Do you think just because my device has BlackBerry software installed constitutes the full agreement between both parties ?

What are doing as usual is adding 2 and 2 and getting 5 . You do not and neither do I have the full facts at hand .

The facts we do have is the despite your assertions that Optiemus is shuttered they did honour their commitment to the OP and repaired his device with a new part...which I might add suggests that at least they have spare parts available . ( yes I know the evolve was a disaster so they have plenty of spares lying around)

Optiemus is a public company who's shares a publicly traded as such they are required to disclose all information good or bad , to withhold information would be regarded as misleading their shareholders.

So now let's look at BlackBerry's response , legal or otherwise ...oh wait ..there hasnt been one ! Such a public shaming and no response?

BlackBerry Ltd has has 4 licensing agreements , 2 have failed completely and the other 2 are missing in action.

I have used BlackBerry devices since 2011 and will continue to sing the praises of their technology and hardware (my opinion) but I won't just agree to half made up statements which have been based on speculation and not fact ....
    Of course Optiemus, for that matter, any company, is not going to come out and say they’re not going to pay their bill due to poor sales. The VKB Aurora from BBMP was the first sales failure. No significant updates that I’m aware of. The VKB Motion from BBMo was the second failure in sales. I don’t remember if the device introduction with Nougat or with Oreo but it receives or at least did receive until recently, security updates.

Optiemus and TCL cooperated on the KEYone for initial production and I believe the Key2 as well. The Evolve and Evolve X were their own design and may have been planned for wholesale to BBMo/TCL if a deal made sense for both parties to lower initial expenses.

I use all this known and educated intuitive data to further develop my Optiemus statement opinion-wise. BB as shown a pattern of software development, production and release when BB licensees are paying their bills. When BB licensees don’t pay their bills, all the expected updates seem to halt and cease further activities. Stopping payment of updates seems logical when sales are low and it doesn’t make sense to continue if exiting the licensing partnership. BBMP quickly did this. I suspect Optiemus did this with Evolve and Key2 since a bunch of their variants are showing up through unofficial resellers at significant price cuts.

What do you think could be non-performance on the BlackBerry side? It’s obvious that BB has built strong enforceable contracts on all their licensing deals. That’s why you won’t see facts and just speculation. Optiemus just wants to lessen the amount of damages it will have to pay or it will do minimum requirement like TCL appears to be doing if cheaper. All these licensing deals are done other than negotiating the divorce terms.
    10-20-19 09:23 AM
    Of course Optiemus, for that matter, any company, is not going to come out and say they’re not going to pay their bill due to poor sales. The VKB Aurora from BBMP was the first sales failure. No significant updates that I’m aware of. The VKB Motion from BBMo was the second failure in sales. I don’t remember if the device introduction with Nougat or with Oreo but it receives or at least did receive until recently, security updates.

Optiemus and TCL cooperated on the KEYone for initial production and I believe the Key2 as well. The Evolve and Evolve X were their own design and may have been planned for wholesale to BBMo/TCL if a deal made sense for both parties to lower initial expenses.

I use all this known and educated intuitive data to further develop my Optiemus statement opinion-wise. BB as shown a pattern of software development, production and release when BB licensees are paying their bills. When BB licensees don’t pay their bills, all the expected updates seem to halt and cease further activities. Stopping payment of updates seems logical when sales are low and it doesn’t make sense to continue if exiting the licensing partnership. BBMP quickly did this. I suspect Optiemus did this with Evolve and Key2 since a bunch of their variants are showing up through unofficial resellers at significant price cuts.

What do you think could be non-performance on the BlackBerry side? It’s obvious that BB has built strong enforceable contracts on all their licensing deals. That’s why you won’t see facts and just speculation. Optiemus just wants to lessen the amount of damages it will have to pay or it will do minimum requirement like TCL appears to be doing if cheaper. All these licensing deals are done other than negotiating the divorce terms.
    BlackBerry is quite capable and does issue legal proceedings when required ...the amount being withheld is not insignificant.... and Optiemus is not on the brink of closing so if BlackBerry has a claim they would surely pursue such a claim through legal channels... they haven't?...

Thus far nothing you have said is based on facts ...it's based on your interpretation and your opinion and thats completely fine .

As it stands neither of us know the exact state of play but it's always fun shooting the breeze with you Chuck!
    10-20-19 09:32 AM
    BlackBerry is quite capable and does issue legal proceedings when required ...the amount being withheld is not insignificant.... and Optiemus is not on the brink of closing so if BlackBerry has a claim they would surely pursue such a claim through legal channels... they haven't?...

Thus far nothing you have said is based on facts ...it's based on your interpretation and your opinion and thats completely fine .

As it stands neither of us know the exact state of play but it's always fun shooting the breeze with you Chuck!
    Same my friend. Remember, one day, I’ll visit the UK and need to borrow a couch to sleep on. I’ll bring the liquid spirits...
    10-20-19 12:14 PM
    And you will be most welcome.. But you will have to check your iPhone in at the door 😂😂
    10-20-19 01:10 PM
    And you will be most welcome.. But you will have to check your iPhone in at the door ������������
    No problem. Over there I could use an Evolve for my VKB fix.
    10-20-19 03:28 PM
36 12