Has anyone from India been able to use Jio in VoLTE mode in India ?
    As per Jio it should work, but I am getting only data and not VoLTE.
    PS: I dont want to use the crappy ad laden JioCall app (or any other carrier app for that matter).
    Thanks in advance for your reply.
    10-11-19 12:18 AM
    PS: I dont want to use the crappy ad laden JioCall app (or any other carrier app for that matter).
    Many have complained about that. It appears not to work.
    10-11-19 12:24 AM
    Many have complained about that. It appears not to work.
    So.... I need to port to some other network :-(
    10-11-19 12:30 AM
    Have you asked Jio why you are not getting Volte ?
    10-11-19 02:44 AM
    Have you asked Jio why you are not getting Volte ?
    As per them the issue is with device and I need to get in touch with Optiemus ....
    But strangely the Box says it is VoLTE - heck Jio even ran a promo during its lanuch!!!
    10-11-19 05:04 AM
    As per them the issue is with device and I need to get in touch with Optiemus ....
    But strangely the Box says it is VoLTE - heck Jio even ran a promo during its lanuch!!!
    This seems to be a common theme with this carrier in Evolve domestic market. This seems to happen similarly with other BB devices through years. Good luck but don’t expect any change. Probably need to change to another carrier.
    10-11-19 05:53 AM
    The Evolve slips from bad to worse, doesn't it.
    10-11-19 08:04 AM
    Good marketing creates demand with appropriate expectations. I believe the original intended name was the Devolve and would have led to record sales. The Devolve X has iPhone killer written all over it....
    10-11-19 12:21 PM
    Depends on who considers it bad to begin with ....

I have used the device for nearly 12 months and have no issue thus far including getting Volte in the UK.

OP do you get VOLTE on another device in your location?
    10-11-19 02:05 PM
    Depends on who considers it bad to begin with ....

I have used the device for nearly 12 months and have no issue thus far including getting Volte in the UK.

OP do you get VOLTE on another device in your location?
    Jio only supports VoLTE for certain approved devices if memory serves. Basically it’s a variation of the “buy phone from us” if you want all features supported.
    10-11-19 04:51 PM
    Jio only supports VoLTE for certain approved devices if memory serves. Basically it’s a variation of the “buy phone from us” if you want all features supported.
    Jio supports Volte but using different bands in different regions and it depends on where the OP is. The Evolve is compatible with the 3 VOLTE bands used by JIO

https://www.quora.com/Which-blackber...support-Jio-4G
    10-12-19 01:11 AM
    Jio supports Volte but using different bands in different regions and it depends on where the OP is. The Evolve is compatible with the 3 VOLTE bands used by JIO

https://www.quora.com/Which-blackber...support-Jio-4G
    This is old support information. Even when having all the correct bands, carriers treat VoLTE, WFC and other non-regulated features as Enhanced Calling Feature that can be denied or supported by device IMEI at carrier discretion.
    10-12-19 09:58 AM
    I guess my brand new device was defective. Amazon did not have a replacement policy. Gave it to Optiemus service centre today as they said it is a mobo issue as Jio has confirmed me on mail that it should support VoLTE ... Having my fingers crossed :-).
    Yeah I get Jio VoLTE on the same SIM using my LG G6...
    I am in Kolkata WB. It (BB Evolve) did not show VoLTE on Vodafone or AirTel as well.
    Lets see how things turn out.
    10-12-19 11:00 AM
    I guess my brand new device was defective. Amazon did not have a replacement policy. Gave it to Optiemus service centre today as they said it is a mobo issue as Jio has confirmed me on mail that it should support VoLTE ... Having my fingers crossed :-).
    I am in Kolkata WB. It (BB Evolve) did not show VoLTE on Vodafone or AirTel as well.
    Just checking you have enabled 4g LTE mode ?
    10-12-19 01:03 PM
    Just checking you have enabled 4g LTE mode ?
    Yup. It was done.
    10-12-19 08:38 PM
    Glad to note that Optiemus is still providing after sales service!!
    10-13-19 02:19 AM
    Glad to note that Optiemus is still providing after sales service!!
    First let me get my device back. I had a horrendous experience with Sony a few years back. They took my in warranty for repairs but never bothered to return it... Ran from pillar to post, but to no avail (except comsumer court) .. :-/
    10-13-19 02:28 AM
    First let me get my device back. I had a horrendous experience with Sony a few years back. They took my in warranty for repairs but never bothered to return it... Ran from pillar to post, but to no avail (except comsumer court) .. :-/
    Your experiences thus far are most enlightening....

Bad customer service from an organisation not called BlackBerry ( including their license holders etc) and the fact that Optiemus actually exists and accepted your device for repair.... Getting the device back and fixed is just a bonus 😁
    10-13-19 01:05 PM
    Got the device back today. Motherboard replaced now Jio VoLTE working fine.
    Apparently Optiemus BB division is alive and kicking at least hardware support wise :-)
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and Sigewif like this.
    10-18-19 01:18 AM
    Got the device back today. Motherboard replaced now Jio VoLTE working fine.
    Apparently Optiemus BB division is alive and kicking at least hardware support wise :-)
    Excellent news ...not bad at all for a company that's "gone " and "shuttered " 😁
    Shaunak Basu and Sigewif like this.
    10-18-19 01:37 PM
    Looks like lot of BS is being spread intentionally or unintentionally.. As I posted elsewhere if Optiemus BB dvision is actually gone and shuttered - it will be a loss for both BB and Optiemus and not one of them.
    I think BB has gone for the licensing of devices so that people remember about BB. Because no one wants the common people to forget about your brand after you have worked so hard to build it! It is not just money, IMHO.
    10-18-19 09:02 PM
    Looks like lot of BS is being spread intentionally or unintentionally.. As I posted elsewhere if Optiemus BB dvision is actually gone and shuttered - it will be a loss for both BB and Optiemus and not one of them.
    I think BB has gone for the licensing of devices so that people remember about BB. Because no one wants the common people to forget about your brand after you have worked so hard to build it! It is not just money, IMHO.
    The loss for BB has already occurred since the public documents show Optiemus hasn’t paid it’s outstanding balance. Since the licensing arrangement hasn’t reached the volumes BB needs, the money isn’t there for BB to continue anything.
    10-19-19 08:57 AM
    The loss for BB has already occurred since the public documents show Optiemus hasn’t paid it’s outstanding balance. Since the licensing arrangement hasn’t reached the volumes BB needs, the money isn’t there for BB to continue anything.
    Chucky you know I have the utmost respect for you but really ?

The public documents are Optiemus accounts and they state that they are withholding payment due to non performance by BlackBerry.

Unless you are referring to some other public document.

The fact remains Optiemus is still providing customer service and repairs for BlackBerry devices .
    10-19-19 01:02 PM

The public documents are Optiemus accounts and they state that they are withholding payment due to non performance by BlackBerry.

The fact remains Optiemus is still providing customer service and repairs for BlackBerry devices .
    You just repeated what I said, therefore, we’re in agreement. By announcing the low sales performance results, Optiemus has sealed the failure of their BB licensing agreement. Optiemus has been in the phone business and will continue their phone business. I just feel they executed BB license business with double tap head shots
    10-19-19 01:31 PM

You just repeated what I said, therefore, we’re in agreement. By announcing the low sales performance results, Optiemus has sealed the failure of their BB licensing agreement. Optiemus has been in the phone business and will continue their phone business. I just feel they executed BB license business with double tap head shots
    10-19-19 01:31 PM
36 12