Jeez, you'd think I'd recommended people pay a fortune for the device. It was 200 bucks. That's nothing for a phone. Chill out!

It's gonna see me through the next year while I wait and see if a Key3 happens. If not, I'll move on to a new brand. Hopefully one that doesn't use notches for the camera (seems to be impossible to find non-notch phones these days).
    So you recommend it simply because you ignore all the downsides. LOL

But honestly, I like the device. I don't care if it doesn't get Pie. I'd be fine on an older OS even. And if there's anyone else here that:

A) Wants a BlackBerry and likes the look and feel of a BlackBerry
    B) Likes a big battery
    C) Doesn't care about the latest fancy operating system

...then I think 200 bucks is a decent deal.

For 200 bucks, I'm impressed with the quality of the device, and importantly, the size of the battery. It's not half bad.
    Every phones I mentioned above fulfill all those boxes (A and B) except C, they're all still well supported by security patches and latest android, and the price is about the same which make it more a decent deal than berry, not to mention that they have better camera, better processor, better after sales etc.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-13-19 09:06 PM
    Not to forget Xiaomi mi A2.
    Mi A3 also is a good deal
    09-13-19 09:08 PM

Every phones I mentioned above fulfill all those boxes (A and B) except C, they're all still well supported by security patches and latest android, and the price is about the same which make it more a decent deal than berry, not to mention that they have better camera, better processor, better after sales etc.
    Jesus Christ, then don't buy one.
    PantherBlitz likes this.
    09-13-19 09:08 PM

No, I like it because of its benefits. The screen is great. No notch. Extremely good battery life. Rubberized back. It's a blackberry. And it's only 200 dollars. That's NOTHING for a phone.

Stop getting so wound up. You don't have to buy one.
    09-13-19 09:10 PM
    Good for you.
    No one else cares.
    This phone might be avoided by anyone once they realize it came from a dead company (BBMobile-Optiemus).
    09-13-19 10:58 PM
    No, I like it because of its benefits. The screen is great. No notch. Extremely good battery life. Rubberized back. It's a blackberry. And it's only 200 dollars. That's NOTHING for a phone.

Stop getting so wound up. You don't have to buy one.
    I agree, $200 is nothing. Unless I could get a better screen, battery, processor, and software support then $200 is a something
    09-14-19 12:35 AM
    And this is called " debate " ? someone decides to express the qualities of a device, points out the pros and the cons and then receives nothing but every reason under the sun as to why their opinion is wrong from people who haven't either tried the device or from people who did try the device but didn't bother to check the specs so when it didn't work in their region, blamed the device, an inanimate object.

we are of course all entitled to our opinions and long may they keep coming ...perhaps however instead of the lack of security patches, dead companies we could accept the essence of what the OP stated ...."for 200 bucks.. this is a decent phone "

and so no doubt it begins ......
    chain13, jackbuck93 and xjawax like this.
    09-14-19 01:44 AM
    "for 200 bucks.. this is a decent phone "
    No, it's not

They're all still well supported by security patches and latest android, and the PRICE IS ABOUT THE SAME which make it more a decent deal than berry, NOT TO MENTION that they have better camera, better processor, better after sales etc.
    John Albert likes this.
    09-14-19 05:18 AM
    No, it's not
    And you would know this because you have spent the 200 bucks and tried the device and then based on this have come to this conclusion?

And why do I ask when I know the answer ? I know why....so you can say you did spend the 200 bucks and have tried the device and therefore are providing first hand and accurate information.....😁
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    09-14-19 07:42 AM
    Aren't they as rare as rocking horse poo?
    bronze edition?
    like's hen's teeth😉😆
    09-14-19 07:44 AM
    And this is called " debate " ? someone decides to express the qualities of a device, points out the pros and the cons and then receives nothing but every reason under the sun as to why their opinion is wrong from people who haven't either tried the device or from people who did try the device but didn't bother to check the specs so when it didn't work in their region, blamed the device, an inanimate object.

we are of course all entitled to our opinions and long may they keep coming ...perhaps however instead of the lack of security patches, dead companies we could accept the essence of what the OP stated ...."for 200 bucks.. this is a decent phone "

and so no doubt it begins ......
    There in lies the reason for the debate. BB and it’s licensees have never been able to sell a VKB at full price successfully. A year ago, the device at $200 would have been a great deal. Now, the device is not competitive on pure stats alone. The BBAndroid only has value to someone like me or you, that prefers over plain Android with it’s vanilla flavor. I’d buy it like I did the DTEK new but heavily discounted and expecting no updates. The average person will choose other higher specs though.
    09-14-19 10:39 AM
    I don't think the consensus was ever that the Evolve was a bad device, it's probably one of the best VKB BB Android devices released, the problem with it was always the general lack of updates.
    09-14-19 12:14 PM
    There in lies the reason for the debate. BB and it’s licensees have never been able to sell a VKB at full price successfully. A year ago, the device at $200 would have been a great deal. Now, the device is not competitive on pure stats alone. The BBAndroid only has value to someone like me or you, that prefers over plain Android with it’s vanilla flavor. I’d buy it like I did the DTEK new but heavily discounted and expecting no updates. The average person will choose other higher specs though.
    Well if nothing else I am glad to see you have finally seen sense to declare that we are amongst the elite and not the general riff raff albeit you do posses one of those apple things 😂😂
    09-14-19 01:18 PM
    Well if nothing else I am glad to see you have finally seen sense to declare that we are amongst the elite and not the general riff raff albeit you do posses one of those apple things ������������
    Sadly the XR isall I’m really using. As I sift out all kinds of stored hidden information from my KEYone, I’m carrying both although my KEYone is just a temporary PDA for that process.

I’m actually finding some flaws with dual eSIM for my use. One is handling phone calls and texting on just one device. WhatsApp isn’t eSIM compatible that I’ve found to handle both numbers.
    09-14-19 02:35 PM
    And you would know this because you have spent the 200 bucks and tried the device and then based on this have come to this conclusion?
    I did, I use $250 samsung for may daily driver. And it’s so much more decent deal than evolve.

Because I actually did, and I said the truth
    John Albert likes this.
    09-14-19 08:00 PM
    Sadly the XR isall I’m really using. As I sift out all kinds of stored hidden information from my KEYone, I’m carrying both although my KEYone is just a temporary PDA for that process.

I’m actually finding some flaws with dual eSIM for my use. One is handling phone calls and texting on just one device. WhatsApp isn’t eSIM compatible that I’ve found to handle both numbers.
    Whereas, I use the dual SIM facility with the Evolve and it provides me a choice as to which SIM I wish to use for making calls and sending messages.
    09-14-19 08:21 PM
    Whereas, I use the dual SIM facility with the Evolve and it provides me a choice as to which SIM I wish to use for making calls and sending messages.
    I have that with the XR but I’m not used to having to choose. I’m used to having two physical devices in my pocket.
    09-14-19 08:34 PM
    I have that with the XR but I’m not used to having to choose. I’m used to having two physical devices in my pocket.
    Anyway it's academic as you , unlike others , are fully aware that the Evolve does not use the compatible bands in the USA and therefore is a pointless purchase.

However I am happy to agree with the OP ...well worth the purchase price !
    jackbuck93 likes this.
    09-15-19 04:13 AM
    Nothing wrong with recommending other devices IMO.
    I wanted a screen the size of Priv and the key2 was too small screen size.
    I watch TV programs at work during lunch.

Ended up paying for a samsung10e £580 at the time which is more than i wanted to spend but the priv battery was only lasting half a day now
    Subscribed to the BB suite for all the nice software BB do.
    09-16-19 02:57 AM
    This thread was funny. I just got one. I paid €110 for the device and €48 import tax since it came from the US. Brand new sealed in the box.

First of all: this is my second cheapest BB ever. (Got a new Classic for €110). Huge difference with the Classic (which I do like a lot) that this device actually is usable in 2020.

It is a BlackBerry. I hear people recommend other phones and say all you want, but it’s a BlackBerry! Other phones are not!

Trade offs: sure! Older device, warranty maybe and no support from Optiemus. Maybe an issue are the security updates... my wife however, uses a 2 year old Huawei phone with the same OS Android 8.1... and works just fine... Guessing a lot of people use older devices with not the latest updates...
    So personally I am not too worried about it.

I really like the phone and for that money it’s a steal, and more important: it’s a BlackBerry.
    09-22-20 04:18 PM
70 123