04-17-21 12:40 PM
54 123
tools
    That's interesting, I guess it depends where you read, because the article I read clearly said that Samsung and LG had recently (2020 if memory serves) reopened production in China. Good to hear the Pixel moved production out. I never said "made in USA" (though that would be nice!!!) I just said NOT made in China....... India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea, Philippines, Europe, Scandinavia ... Mars?.. I'm good with.

But.. The Evolve should work fine on Wi-Fi.. The only thing is running the same Google account on both devices, will it get sketchy, I would assume only during updates.

I loved the Z10 Google Play patch years ago made by a member here, got an extra year of life out of my Z10.

Possible to do an Oreo update for the PRIV? It's nice to dream anyway.

Tom
    04-13-21 02:43 PM
    That's interesting, I guess it depends where you read, because the article I read clearly said that Samsung and LG had recently (2020 if memory serves) reopened production in China. Good to hear the Pixel moved production out. I never said "made in USA" (though that would be nice!!!) I just said NOT made in China....... India, Hong Kong, Taiwan, Vietnam, Korea, Philippines, Europe, Scandinavia ... Mars?.. I'm good with.

But.. The Evolve should work fine on Wi-Fi.. The only thing is running the same Google account on both devices, will it get sketchy, I would assume only during updates.

I loved the Z10 Google Play patch years ago made by a member here, got an extra year of life out of my Z10.

Possible to do an Oreo update for the PRIV? It's nice to dream anyway.

Tom
    I did see where Samsung had made a deal with another ODM to produce some of their entry level "A" series devices.... like the A6, something they don't even sell in this market.

LG is a moot point.

Optiemus is not a manufacture.... some of their phones were "made" in China and sent to India for finial assembly (put motherboard, battery, and display into a body) for import reasons. How they handled the KEY devices from TCL. I don't remember anyone finding out who actually made the Evolve or if anyone did a tear down on the components.
    04-13-21 03:19 PM
    I am in the UK, with EE, and I get support. I love the phone.Got it as a Christmas gift,and never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    04-17-21 10:29 AM
    I am in the UK, with EE, and I get support. I love the phone.Got it as a Christmas gift,and never looked back.

Posted via CB10
    How do you define support, that it functions on network with active SIM installed? It was supported at time of release in host licensee country but active OEM support long ago ended.
    04-17-21 12:40 PM
54 123