Does the Evolve work fine in the UK?
    If you are with Vodafone then yes. I don't know about the other service providers
    01-08-19 04:34 PM
    See there are some benefits to living in the UK !! 😂
    *cough* After sales support *cough* 😝
    01-09-19 12:01 PM
    *cough* After sales support *cough* 😝

Simply get another one! 😁😂
    01-09-19 12:19 PM
    Simply get another one! ������������
    Ladies and Gentleman we've got a Rich man here! ������
    01-09-19 12:25 PM
    Ladies and Gentleman we've got a Rich man here! ������
    Any mod here which can tell me what goes wrong while posting emojis? There is some error.. They become a question mark in a kite shaped thing! (Something like this � idk if you can see it) Help!
    01-09-19 12:33 PM
    Probably unsupported emojjs.
    01-09-19 06:00 PM
    Probably unsupported emojjs.
    No its the laughing face emoji which me and Amaroni have used a few times.. Maybe I need to download the app instead of using the website!
    01-10-19 01:59 AM
    Si the review for the Evolve are great as far as specs and performance, but many are saying it's not working in the US with any Bands.. Anyone know if it will work with AT&T? The reason I ask is cause my Huawei isn't supposed to get better than 3g according to reviews but I got 4G LTE
    05-01-19 07:16 AM
    Si the review for the Evolve are great as far as specs and performance, but many are saying it's not working in the US with any Bands.. Anyone know if it will work with AT&T? The reason I ask is cause my Huawei isn't supposed to get better than 3g according to reviews but I got 4G LTE[IMG=473x1024]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20190501/d8f454f95fa67a3c018bcf0e827f8b4d.jpg[/url]
    Evolve Bands
    LTE: 1/3/5/7/8/40/41
    UMTS: 1/8
    GSM: 850/900/1800/1900

If you could even get it activated...

12/17 is ATT main LTE Bands
    2/4/5/14/29/30/66 are also used in some areas, and for certain purposes.

It's not going to work...
    05-01-19 08:37 AM
    Mine will be delivered on Friday, 3rd of May from India. In all, I paid £296.5 for it. This includes postage and import duties

I am looking for a good case for it
    Last edited by Akure4Life; 05-07-19 at 07:23 AM.
    05-01-19 08:46 AM
    For anyone who does own what is your latest security patch for Evolve?
    November 2018
    05-06-19 11:49 PM
    I have got mine Evolve on 6 may its not my daily gear till now but its really good to hold������
    I have few questions about it.
    1. HOW TO CONFIGURE LED NOTIFICATION LIGHT IN IT. (EG. I WANT WHEN I GET MAIL IT SHOULD BLINK RED, ON TEXT GREEN ETC)

2.HOW CAN I HIDE PHOTOS IN THIS (DIDN'T FIND LOCKER)

3.HOW CAN I ENABLE THREE FINGERS DOWN SCREENSHOT

4.WHILE ON CHARGE I CAN SEE GREEN EDGE BAR OF CHARGING HOW CAN I KEEP IT ACTIVE.
    Attached Thumbnails How many of us actually own the Evolve?-img_20190505_215740.jpg   How many of us actually own the Evolve?-img_20190505_215946.jpg   How many of us actually own the Evolve?-img_20190505_215953.jpg  
    Last edited by Avant-M; 05-07-19 at 12:11 AM. Reason: Spelling missed
    hoytbowhunter likes this.
    05-07-19 12:09 AM
    I see its an old thread, but I was considering an Evolve to use as a APP device running off my PRIV as a WIFI hotspot. I love my PRIV, but many APPs are falling off Android 6 now. Possible?

Sure wish they had done an OS update to Oreo for the PRIV.

Tom
    04-11-21 02:12 AM
    Possible?
    Definitely. Android 6 is quite an old version so it's not surprising that app support is falling off.
    04-11-21 07:58 AM
    I see its an old thread, but I was considering an Evolve to use as a APP device running off my PRIV as a WIFI hotspot. I love my PRIV, but many APPs are falling off Android 6 now. Possible?

Sure wish they had done an OS update to Oreo for the PRIV.

Tom
    Why though? The Evolve itself is long out of security patch support and is stuck on Oreo - 3 versions behind. Nor is there anything special about it.

Just get a nice new slab that will be actively supported for the next 3 or 4 years.

A nice new Pixel 4a runs circles around the Evolve.
    04-11-21 09:36 AM
    Why though? The Evolve itself is long out of security patch support and is stuck on Oreo - 3 versions behind. Nor is there anything special about it.

Just get a nice new slab that will be actively supported for the next 3 or 4 years.
    If he's still on a Priv, chances are he values having a PKB
    04-11-21 09:37 AM
    If he's still on a Priv, chances are he values having a PKB
    But that wouldn't change either way. He wants to dual carry a slab.
    04-11-21 09:38 AM
    But that wouldn't change either way. He wants to dual carry a slab.
    Oh, in that case it doesn't even make sense to dual carry the Priv with a slab, better to have a KEY2 or LE since the slab would provide the big OLED screen anyway.
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-11-21 09:49 AM
    Sorry for the confusion. I started with carrying a Z10, loved the BlackBerry format, apps, hub and LED notification. I'm on Verizon so the phones I can use are limited to CDMA. I only open the PKB to blow the minds of the young crowd, I never use it, I forget it's there. So I use my PRIV as a slab - that's the beauty of this design, serves both aisles - I strongly suggested to BlackBerry to make a PRIV 2 instead of a Key 3 for this new release in 2021, or two versions of the phone.

My criteria is I DON'T want a phone made in China, I want a phone with LED notification, I want a full screen. The PRIV would serve for text and calls, the Evolve (in theory) would do the rest.

My other consideration was a Nokia 7.1, it can be used on Verizon (some versions), but I lose the BlackBerry goodies and the LED I've learned to love. Nokia is Finnish, made in Taiwan, with production moving to Finland in 2022.

Tom
    anon(5597702) likes this.
    04-11-21 03:21 PM
    Sorry for the confusion. I started with carrying a Z10, loved the BlackBerry format, apps, hub and LED notification. I'm on Verizon so the phones I can use are limited to CDMA. I only open the PKB to blow the minds of the young crowd, I never use it, I forget it's there. So I use my PRIV as a slab - that's the beauty of this design, serves both aisles - I strongly suggested to BlackBerry to make a PRIV 2 instead of a Key 3 for this new release in 2021, or two versions of the phone.

My criteria is I DON'T want a phone made in China, I want a phone with LED notification, I want a full screen. The PRIV would serve for text and calls, the Evolve (in theory) would do the rest.

My other consideration was a Nokia 7.1, it can be used on Verizon (some versions), but I lose the BlackBerry goodies and the LED I've learned to love. Nokia is Finnish, made in Taiwan, with production moving to Finland in 2022.

Tom
    Since you’re on VZW in 2021, LTE and 5G band compatibility are the only things you have to worry about. The CDMA parts of the network are shutting down around the country slowly but surely as things break. The end date was extended to end of 2021 or 2022 but it doesn’t matter, since VZW isn’t activating CDMA devices anymore.

As far as Nokia, it’s a brand licensed device from HMD Global so you should get some verification to make sure that your criteria is satisfied to your liking. From what I’ve seen recently Nokia phones are made in Vietnam by FIH Mobile, which is Foxconn is reality.
    04-12-21 06:23 AM

Tom

Foxconn is a major partner in this "start up" that isn't making money... after five years, I suspect it's more likely they stop getting new funding and have to face reality, than move production. I heard they were moving all user data to Finland....

Does Verizon support the Nokia 7.1... you might loose much more than BlackBerry Goodies? But then most of the Apps are part of the HUB+ subscription... Get a phone sold by VZW - Pixel or Galaxy, and add the HUB+ subscription, or better don't and learn to use what is current and supported.
    04-12-21 07:16 AM
    Pixels are made in China and so are most Samsungs since they reopened factories there to remain competitive in the China dominated market. Even LG is back in China. I would PAY for a OREO update for my PRIV, but I feel that piggybacking the Evolve is doable. Unfortunately, even if Verizon went to GSM, the Evolve still wouldnt work with the USA bands. I was really jazzed about this new Blackberry that was announced, but not if it always has a keyboard stealing screen real estate. I also fear they will manufacture it in China, ending that option.

Really wish Blackberry offered a full screen version of the KEYone or Key2 .. call it the NoKEYone/NoKey2?

As for the Nokia 7.1 .. I read on the Verizon website that some versions work, just like the PRIV, you have to get the right one!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=s8ZUsvEe

As for the "current and supported" .. I have friends with those phones and they miss messages and emails. My wife just got an iPhone through work and hates it with a passion, she sighs a relief going back to the PRIV - which shes never liked as much as her Z10. I would still be on my Z10 if the apps I use didnt drop support. I find it funny that all these climate warriors cry on social media typing away on their 1000+ dollar phones they throw away every 2 years. Sad truth, its all marketed urgency driven by intentional obsolescence.

Thanks!

Tom
    04-13-21 02:23 AM
    Pixels are made in China and so are most Samsungs since they reopened factories there to remain competitive in the China dominated market. Even LG is back in China. I would PAY for a OREO update for my PRIV, but I feel that piggybacking the Evolve is doable. Unfortunately, even if Verizon went to GSM, the Evolve still wouldnt work with the USA bands. I was really jazzed about this new Blackberry that was announced, but not if it always has a keyboard stealing screen real estate. I also fear they will manufacture it in China, ending that option.

Really wish Blackberry offered a full screen version of the KEYone or Key2 .. call it the NoKEYone/NoKey2?

As for the Nokia 7.1 .. I read on the Verizon website that some versions work, just like the PRIV, you have to get the right one!

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=T7I29zkF

As for the "current and supported" .. I have friends with those phones and they miss messages and emails. My wife just got an iPhone through work and hates it with a passion, she sighs a relief going back to the PRIV - which shes never liked as much as her Z10. I would still be on my Z10 if the apps I use didnt drop support. I find it funny that all these climate warriors cry on social media typing away on their 1000+ dollar phones they throw away every 2 years. Sad truth, its all marketed urgency driven by intentional obsolescence.

Thanks!

Tom
    IMAP is IMAP. You won't miss messages on modern hardware.

Samsung shut down its last plant in China just over a year ago.

The Pixel 4a / 4a 5G are built by a Taiwanese company (Fushan) in Vietnam.
    04-13-21 07:19 AM
    IMAP is IMAP. You won't miss messages on modern hardware.

Samsung shut down its last plant in China just over a year ago.

The Pixel 4a / 4a 5G are built by a Taiwanese company (Fushan) in Vietnam.
    Bottom line is most users in the USA are happy with the email and messaging capabilities of today's phones... and they are more worried about being on the current OS or having current patches.

While OM is having to go back on their made in the USA "idea"... still expect FIH will make it in a non-Chinees market. And they'll have "someone" look over the boards and do some testing to make sure none of the components are calling home.
    pdr733 likes this.
    04-13-21 08:52 AM
    Bottom line is most users in the USA are happy with the email and messaging capabilities of today's phones... and they are more worried about being on the current OS or having current patches.

While OM is having to go back on their made in the USA "idea"... still expect FIH will make it in a non-Chinees market. And they'll have "someone" look over the boards and do some testing to make sure none of the components are calling home.
    Yes. With tech infrastructure and manufacturing absolutely exploding in Vietnam and Thailand, there should be no problem with that going forward - for ANY company.
    04-13-21 09:09 AM
54 123