I ask this question for a couple of reasons . Having read through the forum (not everything), I find very little enthusiasm for the Evolve. It's been released, it is real and yet it seems to have been bypassed completely.

It's as if there is the Motion and then Evolve X and nothing in between.

I have used BlackBerry devices since 2011 , not as long as some of you, and have as a personal preference have remained loyal to the brand in its different guises.

So why has the Evolve been left out ? It is in my view a better device than the Motion and the Keyone .

Perhaps fellow Evolve owners can chime in with their experiences

I offer the following thought.... If the Evolve has been ignored and poorly received within the Indian market, it hardly gives Optiemus confidence to release a more expensive device.....
    12-16-18 02:39 AM
    I ask this question for a couple of reasons . Having read through the forum (not everything), I find very little enthusiasm for the Evolve. It's been released, it is real and yet it seems to have been bypassed completely.

I have used BlackBerry devices since 2011 , not as long as some of you, and have as a personal preference have remained loyal to the brand in its different guises.

So why has the Evolve been left out ? It is in my view a better device than the Motion and the Keyone .

I offer the following thought.... If the Evolve has been ignored and poorly received within the Indian market, it hardly gives Optiemus confidence to release a more expensive device.....
    Because it's way to high in price, my friends in india say there's much better devices for cheaper prices... People don't care about their Security man and that's why it's not going to sale..
    12-17-18 06:20 AM
    and yet everyone is willing to pay more the Evolve X ??
    12-17-18 06:22 AM
    Because it's way to high in price, my friends in india say there's much better devices for cheaper prices... People don't care about their Security man and that's why it's not going to sale..
    We do actually care for security, but they have priced 4 times more than phone with same spec selling in india.
    Example is the evolve was done by optiemus and sold at 25k, but already optiemus produced a mobile for amazon 10 or. With same spec at 7k, also all other mobile with SD 450 soc, honor, redmi, realme, oppo are sold below 8k. People here well know BB is secured, but they are afraid to buy evolve at 25k for security alone. If this is priced at 15k, then good deal...
    12-17-18 09:59 AM
    and yet everyone is willing to pay more the Evolve X ??
    Evolve x is also priced high 35k, even samsung with quad camera priced at 35k with same spec, nokia 8.1 plus with same spec priced at 26k. As you know nokia is beast on providing updates. There are some chinese brands such as vivo v11 pro with same spec and in display finger print priced at 25k.
    Even Asus max pro m2, real me 2 pro with same spec priced at 14k.
    Do you think with people in india skip all these and go for evolve x at 35k?.
    12-17-18 10:03 AM
    We do actually care for security, but they have priced 4 times more than phone with same spec selling in india.
    Example is the evolve was done by optiemus and sold at 25k, but already optiemus produced a mobile for amazon 10 or. With same spec at 7k, also all other mobile with SD 450 soc, honor, redmi, realme, oppo are sold below 8k. People here well know BB is secured, but they are afraid to buy evolve at 25k for security alone. If this is priced at 15k, then good deal...
    Well said. You can get a better spec phone for 15K. Those who buy the BlackBerry Evolve are mostly BlackBerry loyalist, and maybe very few security concerned persons, otherwise there's no point buying the BlackBerry Evolve at that price from the hardware angle.
    12-17-18 10:06 AM
    Well said. You can get a better spec phone for 15K. Those who buy the BlackBerry Evolve are mostly BlackBerry loyalist, and maybe very few security concerned persons, otherwise there's no point buying the BlackBerry Evolve at that price from the hardware angle.
    Yes, also these phones are not directly from BB, and we are not confident on Optiemus providing those security. Already they have not yet released evolve X. Even nokia models are priced some what high, but they proved by providing great updates, even their low priced models getting android pie, whereas rest of manufacturers are still working. Similarly more than pricing, optiemus must give confident and justify the cost.
    12-17-18 10:15 AM
    How can anyone say a device is not worth the asking price , if no one bothers to actually try it . For me the price of 25000 for the Evolve is a good price in comparison to the Motion or Keyone....

Optiemus are a well established organisation but they are also a business which needs to make money and if their first offering (Evolve) isn't well received they may have to rethink the release of the X.

it is interesting to note that the Evolve was meant to be an Amazon exclusive but yet there are multiple sellers offering the device now . is this a change of tactics by Optiemus in preparation for the X ? who knows and quite frankly at this point with such lack of interest we may never find out .....pity
    12-17-18 01:49 PM
    How can anyone say a device is not worth the asking price , if no one bothers to actually try it . For me the price of 25000 for the Evolve is a good price in comparison to the Motion or Keyone....

Optiemus are a well established organisation but they are also a business which needs to make money and if their first offering (Evolve) isn't well received they may have to rethink the release of the X.

it is interesting to note that the Evolve was meant to be an Amazon exclusive but yet there are multiple sellers offering the device now . is this a change of tactics by Optiemus in preparation for the X ? who knows and quite frankly at this point with such lack of interest we may never find out .....pity
    I bought my Key 1 & 2 within a week of it's release from a retail outlet even when it was amazon exclusive. It's nothing new.

and the X is releasing.. I have posted it in the 'evolve x is not dead' thread!

and the pricing is perfect for both the devices.. It's always about software more than the hardware for BB's.. The loyalist know it. Don't mind if someone do not agree with it.. Some people are more hardware oriented and some actually know what BB stands for.. So let them be.. We cannot convince them otherwise!
    12-19-18 06:31 AM
    While I’m a BB diehard, the Motion didn’t attract me as much as KEYone in USA because there’s no carrier support. Even the Key2 and Key2 LE aren’t so interesting without carrier support and I’m a loyalist by CB standards. When factoring in lack of PKB, it’s harder to conceal higher pricing for BBAndroid and VKB slab. What small measurable success achieved by BBMo with PKB devices, it was not achieved with the single VKB device. The licensee BBPM never followed up the Aurora with a successor.

The cost of licensing BBAndroid and whatever else BB includes for the cost is too prohibitive when people only get intangible features. The BBTax is just that and BB has no interest with dropping the cost because Profits are their only concern. It’s why BB exited hardware. BB only cares about mobile if profitable in volume and that’s not going to change.
    12-19-18 07:20 AM
    I do not suppose any organisation would be interested in selling their products at a loss ( I know there are exceptions). At £250 equivalent I do not think one can consider the price as exorbitant or excessive given the product (Evolve ).Sadly the days when it was "cool" and "impressive" to carry a Blackberry have gone and there are too many people, even on this forum, who have nothing good to say about the brand . whether one agrees with the strategy BlackBerry (Canada) took or not , we , the public still have access to their software via licensed devices which I would assume would need to meet certain criteria before being labelled a Blackberry. I am happy to continue to use "their" products and hope that they continue to release them for a little while longer.
    12-19-18 08:28 AM
    For anyone who does own what is your latest security patch for Evolve?
    12-25-18 12:49 PM
    For anyone who does own what is your latest security patch for Evolve?
    @Amaroni - can you answer this?
    12-25-18 02:45 PM
    September 2018
    12-25-18 03:32 PM
    I would love nothing more than to add the Evolve X (if it ever comes out) to my BB fleet. But with no LTE band support in NA, it makes it a tough proposition.

I still wouldn't rule out getting one to use as a WiFi only device but again, they've got to release it first in order for me to buy it!

I loved the Motion and am starving for an updated vkb BB. The Evolve X, with its slick form factor and that killer BlackBerry logo on the chin is just what the doctor ordered. Please add the NA bands!!!
    jagrlover likes this.
    01-07-19 05:08 PM
    I would love nothing more than to add the Evolve X (if it ever comes out) to my BB fleet. But with no LTE band support in NA, it makes it a tough proposition.

I still wouldn't rule out getting one to use as a WiFi only device but again, they've got to release it first in order for me to buy it!

I loved the Motion and am starving for an updated vkb BB. The Evolve X, with its slick form factor and that killer BlackBerry logo on the chin is just what the doctor ordered. Please add the NA bands!!!
    Me too.
    01-07-19 06:56 PM
    I'd buy the Evolve X right now if it was available.. I don't care what the asking price is.. I just want it. I paid $900 for my KEY2 just to get it 2 months before it actually released and I'd do the same for the Evolve X if it were an option..
    01-07-19 07:33 PM

The problem is its availability. Since its currently available in India only with little chance of an international market version...we will never really know what might have been.

Personally, I would have gotten one. For the price and specs it's a solid mid-range device.

But that point is moot. As time passes it is becoming more and more irrelevant. I would surely been at the very least more interested in the Evolve and Evolve X than the Motion...
    01-07-19 08:14 PM

If you do purchase the device and use it on WiFi it will drive you nuts because you will want to be able to use it as your daily driver. The Evolve is such a good device. I really enjoyed using the Motion and it's a great phone but this device blows it away.
    01-07-19 11:09 PM
    If you do purchase the device and use it on WiFi it will drive you nuts because you will want to be able to use it as your daily driver. The Evolve is such a good device. I really enjoyed using the Motion and it's a great phone but this device blows it away.
    Dammit! 😑😒😔😕😫
    01-07-19 11:33 PM
    Dammit! 😑😒😔😕😫
    See there are some benefits to living in the UK !! 😂
    01-07-19 11:38 PM
    Hey man, where can I buy an Evolve X? I haven't seen it anywhere in Europe or even on Amazon India... thx
    01-08-19 01:29 AM
    evolve x hasn't been released for sale as yet .
    01-08-19 01:58 AM
    So frustrating! Maybe I should move to the UK!
    01-08-19 07:34 AM
    See there are some benefits to living in the UK !! 😂
    Does the Evolve work fine in the UK?
    01-08-19 04:18 PM
54 123