Hey, so I'm considering an evolve. Just wanting to check it works on Vodafone, and I'm not so sure. Does anyone have experience with this?

The Evolve supports the following bands:
    2G bands: GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900, 3G bands: HSDPA 900 / 2100, 4G bands: LTE band 1(2100), 3(1800), 5(850), 7(2600), 8(900), 40(2300), 41(2500)

And Vodafone (my network) uses the following bands:
    800MHz (4G), 900MHz (2G & 3G), 1800MHz (2G), 2100MHz (3G), 2600MHz (4G)

So they share the 2600 (4G) and 2G (900) and 3G (1800).

Do you think that is sufficient for this phone to work in the UK? Does anyone have any experience using this in the UK, or on Vodafone?

Any help would be much appreciated! Thanks!
    08-27-19 05:26 PM
    yes the phone will work well on Vodafone. I've got a Vodafone and EE SIM in mine and works fine
    08-28-19 09:08 AM
    yes the phone will work well on Vodafone. I've got a Vodafone and EE SIM in mine and works fine
    You're a legend, thanks! The phone looks really good, and for 200 bucks I couldn't turn it down. How are you liking the phone?

It's a real shame, because I'm moving to America in the new year and I understand it won't work there!
    08-28-19 09:26 AM
    You're a legend, thanks! The phone looks really good, and for 200 bucks I couldn't turn it down. How are you liking the phone?

It's a real shame, because I'm moving to America in the new year and I understand it won't work there!
    It might not have top of the range specs but it gets every job done that I throw at it with no problem and the battery is a beast! You ordering from Amazon.com?
    08-28-19 09:32 AM
    It might not have top of the range specs but it gets every job done that I throw at it with no problem and the battery is a beast! You ordering from Amazon.com?
    Right, exactly. I don't play games. I use my phone strictly for business stuff so I've never had a problem not having the best processor. Love my KeyOne but the keyboard has gone mushy and the touch sensitivity messed up, and I didn't fancy forking out 600 quid on a KeyTwo (especially if it's either the last Key device, or if it's going to be replaced by the last device soon...).

So yeah, I found the Evolve for 200 bucks (maybe 160 quid) on Amazon. It looks like it's going to arrive quickly, too. I'll report back, but it seems pretty solid.

I read that the camera is kinda crap. Is that your experience?
    08-28-19 09:35 AM
    Right, exactly. I don't play games. I use my phone strictly for business stuff so I've never had a problem not having the best processor. Love my KeyOne but the keyboard has gone mushy and the touch sensitivity messed up, and I didn't fancy forking out 600 quid on a KeyTwo (especially if it's either the last Key device, or if it's going to be replaced by the last device soon...).

So yeah, I found the Evolve for 200 bucks (maybe 160 quid) on Amazon. It looks like it's going to arrive quickly, too. I'll report back, but it seems pretty solid.

I bought 2 from Amazon.com chose the fastest shipping option. Arrived within 48 hours. I've never had any issues with the camera pictures are acceptable but not brilliant.

Tip ! It actually comes with a pre installed screen protector only if you take the first later of film off very carefully!
    08-28-19 09:51 AM

Also I purchased this case

https://forums.crackberry.com/e?link...token=HLcXo758

Takes some getting used to but protects device well
    08-28-19 09:53 AM
    Did yours imply that it was going to take days and be imported from India? I ordered it yesterday (Tuesday night) and I go away on next Tuesday morning and worried it will arrive when I'm gone. I'm seeing lots of reviews saying it actually arrived super quick!

Thanks for the tip about the screen. So you're saying the actual screen is easy to confuse with the screen cover and be careful removing it?

I'll have a look at the case, thanks!

If I wasn't leaving the UK, i'd probably pick up a couple of these too. Shame I'm having to abandon pkb but I fear it will happen to all of us at some point...
    08-28-19 10:04 AM
    Did yours imply that it was going to take days and be imported from India? I ordered it yesterday (Tuesday night) and I go away on next Tuesday morning and worried it will arrive when I'm gone. I'm seeing lots of reviews saying it actually arrived super quick!

Thanks for the tip about the screen. So you're saying the actual screen is easy to confuse with the screen cover and be careful removing it?

I'll have a look at the case, thanks!

If I wasn't leaving the UK, i'd probably pick up a couple of these too. Shame I'm having to abandon pkb but I fear it will happen to all of us at some point...
    Yes mine said it would arrive within 8 days but was here much sooner. The top film comes off and leaves a screen protector under death only if you take it off slowly though 😂
    08-28-19 10:08 AM
    oh I understand! cool, thanks for your help mate!
    anon(10342902) likes this.
    08-28-19 10:20 AM