Share your experience.
    09-02-18 04:39 PM
    Not even on sale yet.
    09-02-18 05:04 PM
    I get the feeling that only a BlackBerry can be launched, followed by radio silence for a month.
    09-02-18 06:52 PM
    Not even on sale yet.
    Well...that explains that.
    09-03-18 07:24 AM
    Still no sales?
    09-14-18 03:38 PM
    I assume that the Evolve and EvolveX are non-starters... the specifications say nothing really, these phones position themselves nowhere actually, nothing really sets them apart and then there is the pricepoints at which they are (will supposedly be) ...

DEAD on arrival??

...reason could also be that the KEY2 is flopping in India and is nowhere close to the sales start the KEYone had last year, around the same time.
    09-15-18 01:09 PM
    Somehow, I don't think they've hit the streets yet. But whatever the case is, I'm not seeing anything in the forums on them.
    09-15-18 01:54 PM
    They'll be dead on arrival if they actually go ahead and release them in India. Look at the specs and price compared to something like the Pocophone or OnePlus. The BBs are underpowered and overpriced in comparison. Indian consumers aren't going to pay such a premium for the BB software.

Posted via CB10
    09-15-18 02:18 PM
    Do we know if the Evolve is manufactured in India?
    09-15-18 10:56 PM
    Seriously, when are these Evolve devices releasing? Pixel 3 announcement is three weeks away and iPhone XS Pepsi Max R U kidding me devices go on sale in a couple of weeks. These phone are gonna get buried!! Just let me buy a review device if you're gonna go into hiding!
    09-16-18 06:17 PM
    Seriously, when are these Evolve devices releasing? Pixel 3 announcement is three weeks away and iPhone XS Pepsi Max R U kidding me devices go on sale in a couple of weeks. These phone are gonna get buried!! Just let me buy a review device if you're gonna go into hiding!
    The Pixel and iPhone are in a different solar system from these phones, let alone a different league. If Optiemus remembers they decided to go through with this phone, what Mountain View or Cupertino come up with aren't of issue to the target market.

What the Evolve/X really should be worrying about is things like the Pocophone and whatever OnePlus is cooking, since not only are those their direct competitors in that slice of the market in India, they also give the Evolve/X a run for their markup.
    09-16-18 06:21 PM
    LTE band 7, and no GSM, won't get you far in North America.
    09-16-18 06:51 PM
    LTE band 7, and no GSM, won't get you far in North America.
    Nuts! Are those the confirmed bands? I'm out!
    09-16-18 06:53 PM
    Nuts! Are those the confirmed bands? I'm out!
    Unless Optiemus is being deliberately misleading, yes.
    09-16-18 06:54 PM
    They should look at markets where the Motion sold being that the X model is an upgrade to the Motion.
    09-17-18 07:51 AM
    They should look at markets where the Motion sold being that the X model is an upgrade to the Motion.
    They "Optiemus" aren't in other markets.
    09-17-18 07:52 AM
    They "Optiemus" aren't in other markets.
    Yeah, it's problematic. Especially when you would be interested in a device they've come out with. Ha ha!
    09-17-18 07:59 AM
    Unless Optiemus is being deliberately misleading, yes.
    This is a big time bummer and quite a buzz kill as I was ready and willing to import this device to Toronto as my new daily driver.

I'm still loving my KEY2, but I'm longing for the BB pkb again and don't feel like going back to the Motion. I have the BB suite on my Note 8 but I'm not a fan of Sammy's blaotware and the device is too big for my liking.

I'm thinking of grabbing an Essential Phone, upgrading it to Pie and loading up the BB suite on it. I love it's form factor and think it's the perfect one handed device.
    09-17-18 06:59 PM
    They'll be dead on arrival if they actually go ahead and release them in India. Look at the specs and price compared to something like the Pocophone or OnePlus. The BBs are underpowered and overpriced in comparison. Indian consumers aren't going to pay such a premium for the BB software.

Posted via CB10
    Well said. Tats the scenario. Poco phone with SD 845 is released for 20,000 inr, but Evolve with SD 450 is price 25000 inr. That sound funny
    09-21-18 01:35 PM
    They launched the devices and forgot to release

Posted via CB10
    09-21-18 09:15 PM
    Well said. Tats the scenario. Poco phone with SD 845 is released for 20,000 inr, but Evolve with SD 450 is price 25000 inr. That sound funny
    Does the whatever phone have BBAndroid like the Evolve?
    09-21-18 10:18 PM
    It's running Xiaomi's MIUI spin on Android, since it's a Xiaomi underneath. If it were an 845 phone running BB Android it would be like thrice the price.
    09-22-18 11:14 AM
    No it don't, and i adding a BB layer to android should be at reasonable price. But they are pricing thrice times high than actual phones with same spec on market.
    Lot of phones with 660 Soc is priced in 15000 to 20000. Whereas BB phones are priced over 35000.
    In order to gain the reputation of BB, first it must sell their product some what , so that ppl can feel the difference between normal android and BB android. Also BB is out of the game for many years and came back on era where new ppl are living. Even a old BB fan thinking to buy BB, coz its not value for money..
    09-23-18 10:26 PM
    No it don't, and i adding a BB layer to android should be at reasonable price. But they are pricing thrice times high than actual phones with same spec on market.
    Lot of phones with 660 Soc is priced in 15000 to 20000. Whereas BB phones are priced over 35000.
    In order to gain the reputation of BB, first it must sell their product some what , so that ppl can feel the difference between normal android and BB android. Also BB is out of the game for many years and came back on era where new ppl are living. Even a old BB fan thinking to buy BB, coz its not value for money..
    Optiemus has to pay for licensing the brand. Call it BBTax. If they don’t charge more, they lose money. Either pay the price or buy a different manufacturer. Optiemus knows this and prices the device only for people that can afford to pay and want to pay for the BB name.
    09-24-18 06:17 AM
    Optiemus has to pay for licensing the brand. Call it BBTax. If they don’t charge more, they lose money. Either pay the price or buy a different manufacturer. Optiemus knows this and prices the device only for people that can afford to pay and want to pay for the BB name.
    Haha, then optiemus won't sell more than 1000 devices. Its not about cost. Its also about value for money. Even the ppl who think the cost is affordable, they will not choose Bb, they will opt for 1+, which is beast on that price range.
    BB ultimate aim is to reach the BB android security to more people, but I don't think this will happen until they give chance for ppl who wants to try.
    09-24-18 08:33 PM
41 12