Found this BlackBerry Evolve X is due for release July 10th 2019. I won't be holding my breath as it was due last year with Evolve, but if it is, I'll be upgrading from my Evolve unless there's a better BlackBerry device on its way.
    That’s just some date created by some algorithm with zero reliability.
    You’d get a more accurate idea asking the old magic 8 ball...
    05-22-19 02:50 PM
    Found this BlackBerry Evolve X is due for release July 10th 2019. I won't be holding my breath as it was due last year with Evolve, but if it is, I'll be upgrading from my Evolve unless there's a better BlackBerry device on its way.
    Don't trust it. It has changed like 5 times now!
    05-23-19 03:56 PM
    Each month have new date and when its passed, again a new date to launch. We need to understand that evolve x is dead.

Previously its was 21 april, 16feb, 22jan or etc but x was not launched
    05-23-19 11:08 PM
    Don't trust it. It has changed like 5 times now!
    It's only changed to give you hope buddy ....😂
    05-24-19 12:38 AM
    At this point if they are going to release something... they need to go back and update it. After a ten month delay the Evolve X isn't as premium as it would have been.
    05-24-19 10:33 AM
    At this point if they are going to release something... they need to go back and update it. After a ten month delay the Evolve X isn't as premium as it would have been.
    Perhaps they will release an updated version... if it ever happens
    05-24-19 11:41 AM
    Perhaps they will release an updated version... if it ever happens
    Myabe... or maybe they leaned all they needed from Evolve sales....
    John Albert likes this.
    05-24-19 01:04 PM
    I was just validating if my evolve has real Gorilla glass 5 and found the official site of corning states of Evolve X as well😁
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve X vs. Pixel 3a-notable-00013.jpg  
    05-24-19 11:18 PM
    There is no data available on the sales numbers for the Evolve . There could be many reasons why the X has not been released ....no doubt at some point someone at Optiemus will spill the beans ...or perhaps we will never know .
    05-25-19 12:05 AM
    There is no data available on the sales numbers for the Evolve . There could be many reasons why the X has not been released ....no doubt at some point someone at Optiemus will spill the beans ...or perhaps we will never know .
    I believe DDD was referring to Optiemus having all the sales data needed. I’m sure Optiemus has all the sales or lack of sales data needed. Sure, it hasn’t been publicly shared but it’s widely accepted this is just one more in a dozen BB VKB fails.
    05-26-19 06:12 AM
    [QUOTE=Chuck Finley69;13395593]I believe DDD was referring to Optiemus having all the sales data needed. I’m sure Optiemus has all the sales or lack of sales data needed. Sure, it hasn’t been publicly shared but it’s widely accepted this is just one more in a dozen BB VKB fails.[/QUOTE

In that case perhaps I should have said that no one knows the reason why Optiemus hasnt released the X .
    05-26-19 02:18 PM
    [QUOTE=Amaroni;13395758]
    I believe DDD was referring to Optiemus having all the sales data needed. I’m sure Optiemus has all the sales or lack of sales data needed. Sure, it hasn’t been publicly shared but it’s widely accepted this is just one more in a dozen BB VKB fails.[/QUOTE

In that case perhaps I should have said that no one knows the reason why Optiemus hasnt released the X .
    What else really makes sense but lack of sales? It's not really complicated to produce a VKB handset in 2019 but it's difficult to sell profitably for all OEMS since before 2013 and has been tougher each year subsequently. The BBTax just increases the failure probabilities exponentially.
    05-27-19 01:46 PM
    [QUOTE=Amaroni;13395758]
    I believe DDD was referring to Optiemus having all the sales data needed. I’m sure Optiemus has all the sales or lack of sales data needed. Sure, it hasn’t been publicly shared but it’s widely accepted this is just one more in a dozen BB VKB fails.[/QUOTE

I don't know why Optiemus removed any reference of the Evolve X from their website...

The BlackBerryMobile.in site still has it... almost looks like it should be available for purchase.

But a delay is a few months, not nine months and counting... Most the midgrade phones launched last summer with the same specs as the Evolve X are now cheaper than the Evolve is. I just don't see the point in the Evolve X at Rs 34,000, OnePlus 7 is cheaper than that... and twice the phone with a better reputation.
    05-28-19 07:16 AM
    [QUOTE=Dunt Dunt Dunt;13396547]

I don't know why Optiemus removed any reference of the Evolve X from their website...

The BlackBerryMobile.in site still has it... almost looks like it should be available for purchase.

But a delay is a few months, not nine months and counting... Most the midgrade phones launched last summer with the same specs as the Evolve X are now cheaper than the Evolve is. I just don't see the point in the Evolve X at Rs 34,000, OnePlus 7 is cheaper than that... and twice the phone with a better reputation.
    Had a chat with BlackBerry Mobile India and they said that they are uncertain when it might still launch. Instantly took that as a no, as they referred me to the Evolve instead.
    06-01-19 12:21 PM
    [QUOTE=eldricho;13398322]

Had a chat with BlackBerry Mobile India and they said that they are uncertain when it might still launch. Instantly took that as a no, as they referred me to the Evolve instead.
    I guess the next question is when will the Evolve get an update?
    06-03-19 09:56 AM
    You’d waste your lifeline on a question that has no answer? Might as well ask for the meaning of life or peace on earth as the probability of success is better...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt and eldricho like this.
    06-03-19 12:22 PM
66 123