Over 60% of Amazon reviews are either 5 star or 4 star ....what do people want ? 100% perfection?

those people complaining about the camera or lagging... did they confirm they have made sure all apps and software is up to date ? did they mentioned. how many apps they are running at the same time ?

People are very quick to moan without presenting the full picture.....
    12-17-18 06:25 AM
    Wow they still haven't released the X? From looking at the reviews on Amazon the Evolve has to many issues, it sounds just like the Priv when reading those comments lol.. I did find the Evolve and it will ship to the US, but I'm waiting to see what the X does because that's the one I want...
    The Evolve doesn't have any North American LTE or 3G bands. Do NOT import.
    12-17-18 07:14 AM
    Wow they still haven't released the X? From looking at the reviews on Amazon the Evolve has to many issues, it sounds just like the Priv when reading those comments lol.. I did find the Evolve and it will ship to the US, but I'm waiting to see what the X does because that's the one I want...
    The Evolve X has similarly limited bands to the Evolve; unless it'll sit in a display case, don't bother.
    12-17-18 07:46 AM
    but it will work in the UK (Vodafone).... whoohoo!
    12-17-18 01:55 PM
    Over 60% of Amazon reviews are either 5 star or 4 star ....what do people want ? 100% perfection?

those people complaining about the camera or lagging... did they confirm they have made sure all apps and software is up to date ? did they mentioned. how many apps they are running at the same time ?

They don't need a reason to hate.. They just jump on the bandwagon because they think it's cool. Most of them want the features of a flagship at the same price of a midrange.. Ignore them!
    12-19-18 06:37 AM

They don't need a reason to hate.. They just jump on the bandwagon because they think it's cool. Most of them want the features of a flagship at the same price of a midrange.. Ignore them!
    12-19-18 06:38 AM
    I guess they are working on bringing it to the international market hence the delay.. But this is only my speculation..
    No need to delay the India release to do this.
    12-19-18 06:43 AM
    No need to delay the India release to do this.
    True..

but whatever the reason.. I'm happy they're atleast not killing it before release!
    12-19-18 06:46 AM
    I am not sure why everyone is so bothered whether the X will be released or not . it won't work in the USA so those folk don't care. It will work in India , but those folk won't pay for it and that just leave those of us who feel the need to buy another phone for the heck of it ....
    12-21-18 04:04 AM
    The Evolve X has similarly limited bands to the Evolve; unless it'll sit in a display case, don't bother.
    Yes, but what a pretty piece it would make in my display case!

I've given up on the Evolve X ever coming to market. Besides, without a single NA band supported, it was a major no-go for me.

Still, I love it's form factor so much! I was ready to buy it simply for the BB branded logo on the floor front alone!

I love my KEY2 (patiently waiting for the Atomic red LE to come up to NA over here!) but am ready for something new. Preferably a Motion successor.

Very quiet on the new device front... on the CB front as well. I get that there's no new device rumours to write about, but what the op eds???
    12-21-18 08:21 PM
    The Evolve seems to be suffering from same perception as Motion. On Amazon, it’s MSRP was $430 and discounted 27% to $315 at current exchange rates.

I found a pretty objective review from a verified purchaser.

“I am die hard BB fan and been using BB phones for years from curve 8520 to my recent device BB keyone black edition (which is a very good device on all parameters except media viewing experience as the effective screen is only 4 inches).So I thought to go for evolve thus I get dual sim / oreo / dual camera and a big display with BB features and I dont have to carry any second device for media.
    But amazon evolve reviews are mixed and mostly critics..so I postponed my decision for some time and finally last week I exchanged my Keyone to Evolve with lot of doubts and anticipations what I am going to experience this time.
    But Optiemus did really a good job with some little issues which seems to be due to their rush to launch the phone at the earliest as commited.
    Let me give review of the phone...
    Pros
    1.The design and look and build quality of the phone is premium and awesome and it remembers my older BB phones (Z3/Z30) and it is very solid and doesn't require any screen guard or back cover for daily wear and tear like the older one.Oh that textured back I just love it.
    2.The battery is good enough for a day and call quality is super.
    3.All apps run smoothly and hardly I find difference between my SD625 in keyone vs SD450 on evolve when it comes to multitasking.
    4.No heating / lagging / crash of apps.Clear and crisp display (403 PPI)
    5.Finger print / face unlock all works fine.
    Cons
    1.Camera - the way Optiemus handled this area is not at all acceptable and it is surely a lack of responsibility...the camera app needs to be revisited by them and they should correct the same with a update asap....It seems due to hurry burry they have not design the interface and controls inside the camera app properly ( for example : if i select 16:9 it shows still the 4:3 screen only ) and if I go for wild selfie it shows nothing & if you remember during the launch event of Evolve we got the news that the demo units didn't have the camera app itself.So that means they made this app in last minute with lack of proper controls.Since the regular rear and front shot is not having any issues with my phone...I haven't asked for any replacement and I know that the new unit also will have some other area problems in camera.For such a premium cost they should correct this camera app issue at the earliest to build some reputations for their further launches.
    2.When I choose the adaptive brightness the screen brightness level sometimes go to 100% and eats the battery very fast..so i disable it always and control the brightness manually & it seems there is some system control missing here.
    3.BB Contacts app inbuilt - the saved local contacts disappear suddenly without any trace and I never faced this issue in my keyone or any other BB phones before and this I think may be not Optiemus problem but the latest update of BB contacts app with dark theme creates this issue but still it has to be corrected immediately.

Verdict
    ---------
    If you are BB fan (very feeble left out of % in crowd) who use the phone moderately ( not heavy gamer and not addicted to HQ photos and varieties ) and who wants to have rich android phone with all BB features with decent performance you can really go for this phone provided your wallet should be thick enough.

Hope my review could be helpful for your purchasing decisions.”

Perhaps the Evolve X, if ever released, is delayed to sort out various complaints like the camera, from Evolve release and sales feedback.
    12-22-18 01:37 PM
    Having used the Evolve for the last month, I agree with the camera issue but have not had the same issue with the contacts or adaptive brightness. The Evolve is a closer "upgrade" for the z30 than the Motion was (used it for 11 months). The Evolve costs £250 and the Motion costs £400. For performance, value for money, security, the Evolve outshines the Motion and for that matter the Keyone as well. Pity that more people haven't given it a chance....
    12-22-18 03:57 PM
    Having used the Evolve for the last month, I agree with the camera issue but have not had the same issue with the contacts or adaptive brightness. The Evolve is a closer "upgrade" for the z30 than the Motion was (used it for 11 months). The Evolve costs £250 and the Motion costs £400. For performance, value for money, security, the Evolve outshines the Motion and for that matter the Keyone as well. Pity that more people haven't given it a chance....
    Can’t give the device a chance since it’s not intended for use here. When AT&T carries the device, and supports WFC and VoLTE features, I’ll purchase.
    12-22-18 04:16 PM
    Can’t give the device a chance since it’s not intended for use here. When AT&T carries the device, and supports WFC and VoLTE features, I’ll purchase.
    It hasn't been given a chance in the country it was intended .....
    12-22-18 04:21 PM
    It hasn't been given a chance in the country it was intended .....
    Sure it has, just like the Motion elsewhere. The BBTax is real and something most consumers won’t pay for on a BB VKB device. That’s been a problem with the Storm/Storm2, 9850/9860, Z10, Z30, Leap, DTEK and Motion hardware. I’ve owned all except for Storm models and Motion due to AT&T compatibility and feature issues.
    12-22-18 04:27 PM
    perhaps you could explain what you mean by the BBtax .....
    12-22-18 11:16 PM
    perhaps you could explain what you mean by the BBtax .....
    The licensing costs the OEMs pay to BB and pass along to consumers in the significant higher costs of devices.
    12-23-18 07:05 AM
    The licensing costs the OEMs pay to BB and pass along to consumers in the significant higher costs of devices.
    I agree in part but some of these expenses are normal operating expenses for all OEM’s. Branding is a marketing expense. All smartphones have a skin that the OEM pays for. OEM’s provide security updates and at least one OS improvement for high -mid devices. Adding the root of trust maybe an extra cost that BlackBerry can pass on.

The problem for TCL is that they may be paying too much for services that others do in house.

Where TCL suffers is where other OEM’s can trickle down technology from flagships to mid models , TCL can not.

What TCL can do is make an all touch version of their PKB models. Use the same basic components for multiple phones. They need to improve their camera’s for all phones but they do have the ability and know how to make better screens.

I think that TCL can make better all touch phones that can be sold at a reasonable price.
    12-23-18 08:14 AM
    I agree in part but some of these expenses are normal operating expenses for all OEM’s. Branding is a marketing expense. All smartphones have a skin that the OEM pays for. OEM’s provide security updates and at least one OS improvement for high -mid devices. Adding the root of trust maybe an extra cost that BlackBerry can pass on.

The problem for TCL is that they may be paying too much for services that others do in house.

Where TCL suffers is where other OEM’s can trickle down technology from flagships to mid models , TCL can not.

What TCL can do is make an all touch version of their PKB models. Use the same basic components for multiple phones. They need to improve their camera’s for all phones but they do have the ability and know how to make better screens.

I think that TCL can make better all touch phones that can be sold at a reasonable price.
    Sure they can, but the profit isn’t there, because it’s being paid to BB as licensing cost. The cost that is being paid is simply more than what the others pay since I believe that BB extracted premium level of pricing for the name in addition to whatever actual services provided.

I’ve always felt TCL agreed to premium terms for political reasons. Two national counterparts were already years ahead negotiating in USA with AT&T, VZW and possibly T-Mobile or Sprint carriers. Licensing the BB name allows TCL entry point while avoiding previous ownership branding issues after Lenovo and similar related malware scandals. Unfortunately, carrier support may have dried up for nationalist reasons before TCL really made traction.

Regardless of the reasons, licensing the name appears to be more beneficial to BB than BBMo and BB name is synonymous with PKB devices. Since VKB devices and BB name are like oil and water, there’s no reason to pay additional licensing costs. The Motion device confirmed this for BBMo/TCL and now they appear to be attempting to uses Alcatel brand for VKB hardware more. They’re still making prepaid for the carriers and offer some better models unlocked.

TCL may have just missed the window, regarding opportunity, in North America, the same way their domestic share in phones is declining.
    12-23-18 09:01 AM
    So in effect the fact that Apple and Samsung have their own tax has no affect on their products but because Blackberry has a tax it affects their ability to sell their products ??

The Evolve retails at £250 ....given its specifications I cannot see how anyone can think it's expensive in comparison to higher end models .

Do a spec comparison between the Motion and IPhone X and then look at the price differential.

I do not use a Blackberry because I like the name, I use their devices because they offer something the likes of Apple /Samsung don't.

If BlackBerry (license holders) produced a device that had the same or better specs than the flagship iPhone or Samsung device, people still won't buy them because the brand has been dragged through the gutter by people who either don't have a clue how to run a business or people who think they know better ....yet no one stands up and says hey at least this 6 year old Dead Brand is still here is some capacity....
    Last edited by Amaroni; 12-23-18 at 11:07 AM.
    12-23-18 10:40 AM
    So in effect the fact that Apple and Samsung have their own tax has no affect on their products but because Blackberry has a tax it affects their ability to sell their products ??

The Evolve retails at £250 ....given its specifications I cannot see how anyone can think it's expensive in comparison to higher end models .

Do a spec comparison between the Motion and IPhone X and then look at the price differential.

I do not use a Blackberry because I like the name, I use their devices because they offer something the likes of Apple /Samsung don't.

If BlackBerry (license holders) produced a device that had the same or better specs than the flagship iPhone or Samsung device, people still won't buy them because the brand has been dragged through the gutter by people who either don't have a clue how to run a business or people who think they know better ....yet no one stands up and says hey at least this 6 year old Dead Brand is still here is some capacity....
    What tax is their for Apple, Google or any other Android OEM to pay? This BBTax I’m referring to is only paid by licensees to BB on top of what everyone pays to or agrees to with Google providing the Android OS “free”.

You’re speaking to someone that’s probably a bigger fan than you. I’ve owned every single BB device offered through AT&T since 2003 and have everyone of them except for my first one that was replaced by my second device through warranty exchange. Additionally, I own several factory unlocked BlackBerry that weren’t available through AT&T but were compatible. My BB count is over twenty devices and I’ve NEVER sold one.

People that never owned BlackBerry hardware in the early days laugh at the brand. The majority of people that own smartphones nowadays that would be similar to BlackBerry nostalgia own Apple devices. That was the problem with BlackBerry products. They created a demand for the consumers to have their version of the BlackBerry and it succeeded too well.

The biggest obstacle any BB licensees face is charging more from necessity while providing features, the average consumer doesn’t care about. Whether security, PKB, niche design or whatever, the average consumers don’t care. You sell what people want and not what you think people should have.

BB licensees also don’t have the resources or relationships needed to compete with established Android/IOS OEM channels and carriers. That’s not personal, just business.
    12-23-18 12:05 PM
    I wasn't nor did I imply you were not a fan . With respect neither do you know how many devices I have used and currently own .

my point is TCL / Optiemus and any other license holders would have done their sums before embarking on this project, what they didn't count on was the negativity that surrounds the Brand .

you say you are fan and yet I don't see you "talk" up the Brand or the effort they are making . if you hadn't pointed out how much a fan you are , your numerous posts would indicate otherwise .

with the regard to the " tax" ... are you really saying that the public is not having to pay a premium for Apple and Samsung devices that are made in China? what is this premium for?

I understand the difference between a license fee that has to be incorporated into costs but again the licensee have access to Blackberry software.

we all have our views and I respect yours even though I may not agree with it .....
    12-23-18 12:22 PM
    I wasn't nor did I imply you were not a fan . With respect neither do you know how many devices I have used and currently own .

my point is TCL / Optiemus and any other license holders would have done their sums before embarking on this project, what they didn't count on was the negativity that surrounds the Brand .

you say you are fan and yet I don't see you "talk" up the Brand or the effort they are making . if you hadn't pointed out how much a fan you are , your numerous posts would indicate otherwise .

with the regard to the " tax" ... are you really saying that the public is not having to pay a premium for Apple and Samsung devices that are made in China? what is this premium for?

I understand the difference between a license fee that has to be incorporated into costs but again the licensee have access to Blackberry software.

we all have our views and I respect yours even though I may not agree with it .....
    What is there for me to sell? I love BBAndroid and it’s potential. I don’t want it to fail but I’m a realist. Besides, since I’m a fan, I should encourage people to buy something not right or important for them? I want BB licensed products to succeed. The reality is that PKB will be lucky to survive and VKB has virtually no chance.
    12-23-18 12:34 PM
    and there it is .....
    12-23-18 12:35 PM
    It maybe possible to make an all touch version of the LE. Could sell for about $40 less. TCL sells Alcatel for far less and BBMO can use some parts . For example the screen etc. Just a thought.

Think of a Z-LE as the high end of the low end or the low end of the mid range.
    12-23-18 09:57 PM
343 12345 ...