Easy about the USA ..... I’ve avoided the easy indoor plumbing and simple electricity issues that India, for long time, is known for....
    Boy boy.. I deleted it long back.. I knew it was too much.. (Including some funny grammatical mistakes.. Because UK.. Indian XD) but maybe check before you get all high on your horses buddy.

And don't worry.. All those problems are solved.. I can list a few new ones if you want! We are catching up with the US of A in that terms now! XD
    12-25-18 09:44 AM
    Boy boy.. I deleted it long back.. I knew it was too much.. (Including some funny grammatical mistakes.. Because UK.. Indian XD) but maybe check before you get all high on your horses buddy.

And don't worry.. All those problems are solved.. I can list a few new ones if you want! We are catching up with the US of A in that terms now! XD
    Differing viewpoints are why I come here. There’s also that little tag by my handle that says I’m expected to abide to certain standards. I’m constantly at the line but I’ve learned it ruins thread when it devolves to insults.....

That’s why you’ll notice other have stopped participating.....

Let’s keep discussing, hope that others can offer supporting viewpoints either way about the Evolve and it’s future. Success or not....
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-25-18 09:48 AM
    Differing viewpoints are why I come here. There’s also that little tag by my handle that says I’m expected to abide to certain standards. I’m constantly at the line but I’ve learned it ruins thread when it devolves to insults.....

That’s why you’ll notice other have stopped participating.....
    Man. I apologies if I hurt your feelings in any way. If I was not sorry.. I would have kept that line wouldn't I? But trust me.. I would have stopped replying a long back to your made up facts.. But you said you were a fan.. Fans don't act like how you did.. Different viewpoint.. Accepted.. But making up facts just because you don't want to accept what the other person says? Is that not too much buddy?

I have said so many times that world is bigger than USA and BBMo has rights to all of that.. But you keep coming back to USA.. So I was compiled to say that because everyone knows (I don't know if you will accept or take it in a bad way again) that.. People from the USA never accept what others say and all they care about is proving their point!
    Hence.. That statement! But ok.. I guess not everyone can take some facts & jokes about their country.. I can take a few jokes on mine and also add something to it too! (Like bad grammar, indoor plumbing stuff)
    but I guess you're not as open about that issue. Anyway. Apologies again if you got hurt. But. Doesn't change the facts of our argument. I am still trying so that the BB Loyalist in you sees the biggest picture.. But that's up to you buddy!
    12-25-18 10:01 AM
    Man. I apologies if I hurt your feelings in any way. If I was not sorry.. I would have kept that line wouldn't I? But trust me.. I would have stopped replying a long back to your made up facts.. But you said you were a fan.. Fans don't act like how you did.. Different viewpoint.. Accepted.. But making up facts just because you don't want to accept what the other person says? Is that not too much buddy?

I have said so many times that world is bigger than USA and BBMo has rights to all of that.. But you keep coming back to USA.. So I was compiled to say that because everyone knows (I don't know if you will accept or take it in a bad way again) that.. People from the USA never accept what others say and all they care about is proving their point!
    Hence.. That statement! But ok.. I guess not everyone can take some facts & jokes about their country.. I can take a few jokes on mine and also add something to it too! (Like bad grammar, indoor plumbing stuff)
    but I guess you're not as open about that issue. Anyway. Apologies again if you got hurt. But. Doesn't change the facts of our argument. I am still trying so that the BB Loyalist in you sees the biggest picture.. But that's up to you buddy!
    My feelings aren’t hurt. We’re good. I don’t want a moderator to shut down thread because of us...
    12-25-18 10:04 AM
    My feelings aren’t hurt. We’re good. I don’t want a moderator to shut down thread because of us...
    Naaaa.. They won't! Don't worry!
    Besides I need to tag all of you in my evolve x compared to key1 and 2 thread when it comes out!
    Any ideas how to do that? Can I directly @ you people or do I have to go through some process?
    12-25-18 10:08 AM
    Besides I need to tag all of you in my evolve x compared to key1 and 2 thread when it comes out!
    Any ideas how to do that? Can I directly @ you people or do I have to go through some process?
    Yes, they will. Ask me how I know. Also I’ve accumulated points and get expelled for days or weeks in the past....

Use @ directly, no process required......
    12-25-18 10:27 AM
    Man.. If that's what gets me a 'trusted members' tag.. BAN ME MODS! (JOKE don't ban me!) XD
    @chuckfinley69 (test!)

Is there any chance to encounter CBK in the forums? Is he still active like the old days?
    12-25-18 10:36 AM
    Y

Use @ directly, no process required......
    It went to some other chuck Finley's account!
    12-25-18 10:39 AM
    It went to some other chuck Finley's account!
    Not sure what’s going on there, I saw that.... CBK is around, Bla1ze is the EIC and will tap CBK if necessary... meanwhile CBK is big on Instagram and was just posted on main CB page...
    12-25-18 10:49 AM
    Not sure what’s going on there, I saw that.... CBK is around, Bla1ze is the EIC and will tap CBK if necessary... meanwhile CBK is big on Instagram and was just posted on main CB page...
    The '69' is not readable it seems.. Because it cut it of twice before I wrote the [ / MENTION ] manually.. But it still did the same..

Man.. I hope the community can come back together like the BB OS 7 - 10 days!
    12-25-18 10:55 AM
    Tempted...very tempted.

Robust debate is one thing, constantly calling someone a liar because their opinion differs from yours is quite another. Free warning, don't do it again.

Thanks!
    12-25-18 11:23 PM
    If they did export this phone to other markets, I would be interested in it, but the Motion is workings so good after a year in hand, I would have a really hard time making a case to shell out $600+ for it.
    I'm with you on this. The Evolve is missing two deal - breaking features

1. The design is too generic slab. The Motion stands out with its industrial work design.
    2. A short cut key. This is unnegociable IMHO.

A Motion 2 with an LE version is what we're looking for.
    12-26-18 02:49 AM
    I'm with you on this. The Evolve is missing two deal - breaking features

1. The design is too generic slab. The Motion stands out with its industrial work design.
    2. A short cut key. This is unnegociable IMHO.

A Motion 2 with an LE version is what we're looking for.

I have the Motion and used it for 11 months. The Evolve is far nicer to hold and use. It doesn't have the huge bottom lip and is not as thick or heavy as the Motion . Despite this you don't feel as if it is going to break.

If by a short cut key you mean convenience key, I must have used the convenience key a handful of times when I used the Motion

In my view it's surplus to requirements and not a deal breaker .

The Evolve is half the price of the Motion ( approximately). It has dual sim capability , facial recognition, same battery size , bigger screen so overall it is a superior device but then again that's my view .

Plus the original poster stated he would find it hard to fork out 600usd +

Evolve currently retails at 315 usd so not sure where he got his figures from

In terms of it being a generic slab , my wife (God forgive her) has an iPhone xs which looks the same as the Evolve apart from that horrible logo, one would be hard pressed to see a difference at a distance. I think I am safe in saying 90% of the current VKB devices pretty much look alike so the fact that the Evolve looks like all of them really doesn't count as a negative....
    Last edited by Amaroni; 12-26-18 at 03:31 AM.
    12-26-18 02:56 AM
    Reports now suggest launch date of evolve x will be 31st January 2019 .....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.91m...e-in-india-amp
    12-27-18 11:39 AM
    Reports now suggest launch date of evolve x will be 31st January 2019 .....

https://www.google.com/amp/s/www.91m...e-in-india-amp
    Naa.. Don't trust it. It was December 31 a few days ago.. They just keep changing the date to the end of the upcoming month.. It's pure speculation!

Could be around Republic Day which comes on 26th January if they are waiting for a occasion.. If not.. Anytime in January!
    12-27-18 02:17 PM
    I have the Motion and used it for 11 months. The Evolve is far nicer to hold and use. It doesn't have the huge bottom lip and is not as thick or heavy as the Motion . Despite this you don't feel as if it is going to break.

If by a short cut key you mean convenience key, I must have used the convenience key a handful of times when I used the Motion

In my view it's surplus to requirements and not a deal breaker .

The Evolve is half the price of the Motion ( approximately). It has dual sim capability , facial recognition, same battery size , bigger screen so overall it is a superior device but then again that's my view .

Plus the original poster stated he would find it hard to fork out 600usd +

Evolve currently retails at 315 usd so not sure where he got his figures from

In terms of it being a generic slab , my wife (God forgive her) has an iPhone xs which looks the same as the Evolve apart from that horrible logo, one would be hard pressed to see a difference at a distance. I think I am safe in saying 90% of the current VKB devices pretty much look alike so the fact that the Evolve looks like all of them really doesn't count as a negative....
    Looking like 90% of other slabs I think is the one reasons not to buy one. The Motion does stand out as being different and not conforming to 'fashion'. I love it!!
    The Convenience Key also makes a Blackberry a Blackberry; using it or not doesn't change that. I use it to start up the camera app, it's really convenient!!

What I won't argue with is the features to price ratio. It seems really good.
    I wish them luck with it.
    12-27-18 03:14 PM
    I am happy to agree with you on the look of the Motion. One thing I don't recall there being a convenience key on BB10 devices or earlier Blackberry platforms so in fairness the convenience key is a new addition to Blackberry and therefore it's a stretch to say it makes a Blackberry "a Blackberry". But hey if you like it and others like it and it helps sell devices I am all for it !!!

PS , just using a Blackberry device is not the " fashion" and I am happy to remain different....
    12-27-18 03:23 PM
    I am happy to agree with you on the look of the Motion. One thing I don't recall there being a convenience key on BB10 devices or earlier Blackberry platforms so in fairness the convenience key is a new addition to Blackberry and therefore it's a stretch to say it makes a Blackberry "a Blackberry". But hey if you like it and others like it and it helps sell devices I am all for it !!!

PS , just using a Blackberry device is not the " fashion" and I am happy to remain different....
    The convenience key has been on almost every BlackBerry produced. Some of the BBOS models:
    Left Side / Right Side Convenience Keys: Convenience Keys allow you to launch an application with one click. Consumer-targeted BlackBerry's (Curve, Pearl) feature two convenience keys, with the one on the right by default programmed to launch the Camera, while the 8800 and 8700 series only feature one Convenience Key on the left.

People made a big deal when it was reduced to just one on a Bold. CBK was excited for it's return, after a hiatus through BB10.
    12-27-18 07:12 PM
    I stand corrected . Thank you . I have been so used to BB10 for so long .
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-27-18 07:32 PM
    I stand corrected . Thank you . I have been so used to BB10 for so long .
    Useless knowledge is my forte.
    12-27-18 07:52 PM
    wisdom and knowledge come with age , not that I am suggesting you are old of course 😁
    BigBadWulf likes this.
    12-27-18 09:56 PM
    wisdom and knowledge come with age , not that I am suggesting you are old of course 😁
    Undisclosed information
    12-27-18 10:13 PM
    2018 has come and gone and no launch of the X ....
    01-02-19 02:00 AM
    2018 has come and gone and no launch of the X ....
    I Checked their twitter again today.. This is what I found!
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve X is probably definitely dead-screenshot_20190102-142850-2.png  
    01-02-19 03:00 AM
    @red _bb you must be frantic in anticipation!! 😁
    01-02-19 03:35 AM
343 ... 45678 ...