I asked you to qualify your own statement and you are unable to do so. perhaps you should refrain from making sweeping statements unless you have the facts to back them up.

I have never said that the licensees are making money or offering the very best product , at the same time I haven't continually talked down the efforts and the products ....if you have facts about the sales of the evolve.... produce them....
    He has been doing that since I started this thread.. It's useless to explain it to him.. I have done my part.. I am not gonna go anymore.. Haters gonna hate! Ignore them!
    12-24-18 11:27 AM
    Oh and Merry Christmas to Amaroni, Chuck Finley, Conite & everyone else on this thread! It's been fun to argue and discuss all things blackberry even if we are on the opposite side of the spectrum. It's lovely to see some people having an opinion either good or bad and still caring and spending their time for BlackBerry!
    12-24-18 11:33 AM
    If the Motion had carrier support I would have paid the asking price. The carrier knew that wouldn’t be successful. You want BBMo/TCL matching Nokia/Moto price which isn’t possible if they want to make a profit and have to pay for BB license. This and that leaves nothing for carrier....
    Key2 LE selling for $367 US at the carrier in Canada . An all touch LE will come in lower than that.
    12-24-18 01:07 PM
    Man you're such a misinformed person it's funny.. You call yourself a fan and don't know the background
    of TCL and Optiemus? Man.. Go do some homework about those companies.. You'll know they more than adequate resources to back up all their adventures even without profit!

The reason to pay a premium for a blackberry is.. And this maybe a surprise for you.. *drumroll*
    SECURITY!
    TCL has already not supported mobile devices since it’s handled through a partially owned subsidiary, TCT, which allows them minimum liability, unless TCL chooses to write a check to help out. TCL has twice in the past sold equity in TCT rather than own all the profits since the risk is far greater in this part of the mobile device product cycle. Newsflash, consumers don’t care security. If they did, then BB10 would have gained more traction and BBAndroid would be a far greater success. Optiemus is famously known..... for being late on device releases.... People in their domestic market tolerate Optiemus but outside their borders without government protection, they’d have failed long ago, for mobile devices compared with the main players on the global stage.
    12-24-18 01:56 PM
    Key2 LE selling for $367 US at the carrier in Canada . An all touch LE will come in lower than that.
    That’s great but the USA carriers haven’t carried a BB VKB device since the Z30 and my carrier, AT&T, since the Z10 unless you count the PRIV, if the slider is glued shut.
    12-24-18 01:59 PM
    He has been doing that since I started this thread.. It's useless to explain it to him.. I have done my part.. I am not gonna go anymore.. Haters gonna hate! Ignore them!
    You do realize, I own at least 20 BB devices and I’ve never sold any of them. I’ve carried BB devices over 15 years and still carry AT&T KEYone. I’m just willing to accept that AT&T doesn’t support BBMo and you need carrier support to succeed.
    12-24-18 02:03 PM
    Oh and Merry Christmas to Amaroni, Chuck Finley, Conite & everyone else on this thread! It's been fun to argue and discuss all things blackberry even if we are on the opposite side of the spectrum. It's lovely to see some people having an opinion either good or bad and still caring and spending their time for BlackBerry!

Merry Christmas to all. I come here for the spirited discussions. I love BB devices, however, I’m not going to ignore their disadvantaged situation. I just had to buy my first iPhone that wasn’t for a kid of mine after ten years. I’m still hearing them laugh about it. They iMessage just to poke fun......
    12-24-18 02:06 PM
    That’s great but the USA carriers haven’t carried a BB VKB device since the Z30 and my carrier, AT&T, since the Z10 unless you count the PRIV, if the slider is glued shut.
    Att had the KEYone in stores here, then it went Online only.. Verizon or T-Mobile also had it in stores cause I seen it when I went to buy an iPhone Case for my Daughters iPhone X.
    12-24-18 02:06 PM
    Att had the KEYone in stores here, then it went Online only.. Verizon or T-Mobile also had it in stores cause I seen it when I went to buy an iPhone Case for my Daughters iPhone X.
    VKB ..... though have long been absent...
    12-24-18 02:32 PM
    So really, just not the Motion.

Regardless, BBMo could sell their VKB to different markets. The USA is not keeping BlackBerry going. The Motion did not sell well in Canada either . The design was poor and price was way too high.

If the LE sells well enough and is profitable , I think then that BlackBerry just might try make an LE VKB. The high end VKB could be a slider.
    12-25-18 12:35 AM
    TCL has already not supported mobile devices since it’s handled through a partially owned subsidiary, TCT, which allows them minimum liability, unless TCL chooses to write a check to help out. TCL has twice in the past sold equity in TCT rather than own all the profits since the risk is far greater in this part of the mobile device product cycle. Newsflash, consumers don’t care security. If they did, then BB10 would have gained more traction and BBAndroid would be a far greater success. Optiemus is famously known..... for being late on device releases.... People in their domestic market tolerate Optiemus but outside their borders without government protection, they’d have failed long ago, for mobile devices compared with the main players on the global stage.
    Optiemus.. Government support! Oh my God! Man.. I live in India.. Stop it dude your ignorance is not even funny anymore! You know nothing about what you're talking about.. Just stop! Please. Get some knowledge and information about the company before making up stories!

Optiemus from 1995 made devices for other companies in India.. Started with Nokia then Samsung, Zen, HTC and now BlackBerry.. They devices were always released on schedule and the launch was in the hands of the respected companies and not Optiemus! Optiemus just made the devices and that's it!
    This is the first time Optiemus has released something they actually own!

Man.. We know you don't like to loose and want to prove your point.. But seriously.. Don't make things up! And if you want to prove me wrong.. Post links and photos to back your claims like I did before.. You changed the complete topic when I did..
    12-25-18 01:47 AM
    You do realize, I own at least 20 BB devices and I’ve never sold any of them. I’ve carried BB devices over 15 years and still carry AT&T KEYone. I’m just willing to accept that AT&T doesn’t support BBMo and you need carrier support to succeed.
    So what? I already told you there's more to the world than USA. And TCL owns worldwide rights.. Amaroni lives in the UK and owns a Evolve.. Stop thinking about just the USA.. They don't even matter anymore.. There is a huge audience outside of the USA! That is why you get the devices at last. You need to understand it.. USA is not as important to BB as it was before!
    12-25-18 01:50 AM

Regardless, BBMo could sell their VKB to different markets. The USA is not keeping BlackBerry going. The Motion did not sell well in Canada either . The design was poor and price was way too high.

If the LE sells well enough and is profitable , I think then that BlackBerry just might try make an LE VKB. The high end VKB could be a slider.
    Man.. Priv 2 would be like a dream come true for me! My PRIV died last year around Christmas and I have still not replaced it.. Replaced my Q10 with Key1 and then Key2.. But I carry 2 mobiles and the second one will be Evolve X.. And hopefully.. If it ever comes out.. PRIV 2!
    Sigewif likes this.
    12-25-18 01:53 AM

The DTEK was also not offered by any USA carrier. The Motion was an LE VKB by USA standards. If the Motion sold well in any of BBMo markets, you’d find them still offered beyond initial production runs. BBMo licensed the BB name for use in the EU and NA primarily. Just because the majority of people use and prefer VKB doesn’t mean that BBMo should offer. The old BB offered all types of different models. That’s part of what caused their hardware demise. Too many different models. That was just in PKB hardware.

There’s already too many players in the VKB sector for everyone to survive let alone make a profit. For BBMo, there’s no entry point, that offers possibility of of profit, let alone probability of profit. What’s BBMo’s offering proposition? Security?

Many of us here are willing to pay the BBTax, however, not enough to make it worthwhile for BBMo to offer VKB hardware. Many, like myself, only want through carriers, for support reasons.
    12-25-18 08:15 AM
    12-25-18 08:26 AM
    So what? I already told you there's more to the world than USA. And TCL owns worldwide rights.. Amaroni lives in the UK and owns a Evolve.. Stop thinking about just the USA.. They don't even matter anymore.. There is a huge audience outside of the USA! That is why you get the devices at last. You need to understand it.. USA is not as important to BB as it was before!
    The USA is third largest smartphone market behind China and India markets. It’s premium market is higher and why the Chinese OEMs have focused here and been locked out by the American carriers. Huawei and ZTE had big issues because of this. Huawei issues have been political and ZTE issues were financial.

BTW, why did Optiemus rely on BBMo for the initial production run of KEYone hardware? What do we get last here? We got the KEYone, Motion, Key2 and LE before other licensees.....
    12-25-18 08:29 AM
    Optiemus.. Government support! Oh my God! Man.. I live in India.. Stop it dude your ignorance is not even funny anymore! You know nothing about what you're talking about.. Just stop! Please. Get some knowledge and information about the company before making up stories!

Optiemus from 1995 made devices for other companies in India.. Started with Nokia then Samsung, Zen, HTC and now BlackBerry.. They devices were always released on schedule and the launch was in the hands of the respected companies and not Optiemus! Optiemus just made the devices and that's it!
    This is the first time Optiemus has released something they actually own!

Man.. We know you don't like to loose and want to prove your point.. But seriously.. Don't make things up! And if you want to prove me wrong.. Post links and photos to back your claims like I did before.. You changed the complete topic when I did..
    https://www.labnol.org/india/custom-...-duties/19306/
    12-25-18 08:33 AM
    Man that is a link which tells you how much custom duty you have to pay on a product which is imported in India! How is that even remotely linked to what I said above?
    Where is Optiemus mentioned? Where is it mentioned that Optiemus got government support?

Man you're a joke. Going lengths to prove your point by saying irrelevant things. This further proves my point. I have nothing else to say.
    12-25-18 08:42 AM
    The USA is third largest smartphone market behind China and India markets. It’s premium market is higher and why the Chinese OEMs have focused here and been locked out by the American carriers. Huawei and ZTE had big issues because of this. Huawei issues have been political and ZTE issues were financial.

BTW, why did Optiemus rely on BBMo for the initial production run of KEYone hardware? What do we get last here? We got the KEYone, Motion, Key2 and LE before other licensees.....
    Third largest market.. Sure.. Priority of BB? Noop. You get everything at last!

We Got a BETTER Key1 with black colour man.. You know how much people worldwide called out BB mobile after it? Because they got less ram and no black option? Ya.. That's right.. We got it late but far better than you did!

We Got Key2 within weeks..

We got LE almost immediately!

Optiemus is a smart company.. If someone makes something good.. I.e- mobiles made by BB mobile.. They just Buy the rights and make everything in India.. That's called smart business.
    12-25-18 08:48 AM
    Trust me Chuck.. You won't win unless you make a valid argument.. So why don't you just do some research and then reply or maybe don't reply because you know we are right? It's okay to accept what others say.. There's nothing bad it it. But stop making a fool out of yourself.. Don't make things up thinking someone won't call you out for it.

I won't reply anymore to you because you're not stating facts and just making up things and wasting both mine and yours time.. Happy holidays buddy!
    12-25-18 08:51 AM

The argument remains the same for VKB hardware. People aren’t interested paying extra for the BB name for security. The Evolve can’t be officially sold outside it’s licensed markets. BBMo has no reason to license from Optiemus since it already designs VKB hardware in China now and just needs BB software loaded.
    12-25-18 08:56 AM
    The argument remains the same for VKB hardware. People aren’t interested paying extra for the BB name for security. The Evolve can’t be officially sold outside it’s licensed markets. BBMo has no reason to license from Optiemus since it already designs VKB hardware in China now and just needs BB software loaded.
    Ok man.. Whatever floats your boat!
    12-25-18 08:59 AM
    Trust me Chuck.. You won't win unless you make a valid argument.. So why don't you just do some research and then reply or maybe don't reply because you know we are right? It's okay to accept what others say.. There's nothing bad it it. But stop making a fool out of yourself.. Don't make things up thinking someone won't call you out for it.

I won't reply anymore to you because you're not stating facts and just making up things and wasting both mine and yours time.. Happy holidays buddy!

But I’ve stated correct facts. You just don’t like them. Everything you get was after USA / North America. The Evolve is Optiemus first device. It will be sold in Optiemus markets. Grey market isn’t retail supported, therefore won’t impact sales, anywhere.......
    12-25-18 09:01 AM
    But I’ve stated correct facts. You just don’t like them. Everything you get was after USA / North America. The Evolve is Optiemus first device. It will be sold in Optiemus markets. Grey market isn’t retail supported, therefore won’t impact sales, anywhere.......
    Correct facts? Man you make me laugh a lot.. Now you go from actual topic to grey market.. Which.. I have never every mentioned..

the thing is.. I like all the facts.. Good or bad.. But only if they are correct and not made up by someone for their own satisfaction and proving a point which is actually false. But ok bro.. Whatever floats your boat! XD
    12-25-18 09:07 AM
    Correct facts? Man you make me laugh a lot.. Now you go from actual topic to grey market.. Which.. I have never every mentioned..

the thing is.. I like all the facts.. Good or bad.. But only if they are correct and not made up by someone for their own satisfaction and proving a point which if actually false. You're from USA so I don't expect anything else from you. But ok bro.. Whatever floats your boat! XD
    Easy about the USA ..... I’ve avoided the easy indoor plumbing and simple electricity issues that India, for long time, is known for....
    12-25-18 09:38 AM
343 ... 34567 ...