They won't do that, I already asked them to sale it in the US and they told me it wouldn't even work here. It sucks cause I want it bad.
    You asked BlackBerry Mobile or BlackBerry Mobile India?
    12-16-18 11:06 AM
    You asked BlackBerry Mobile or BlackBerry Mobile India?
    I asked them both on Twitter, I asked BlackBerry Merah Putih and they told me they don't plan to launch it in the US, so I then asked BlackBerry Mobile to release one like it and they said it's a different License Agreement.. It's stupid cause they could do something and work with one another to launch it here.
    12-16-18 11:22 AM
    Yes X has the better specs and is the better one of the two Evolves!
    That's what I was thinking but since you have one I figured you would know if I was correct.. Thanks Man..
    12-16-18 11:23 AM
    Yes X has the better specs and is the better one of the two Evolves!
    Can you post a screenshot of the X ? I want that device so bad..
    12-16-18 11:24 AM
    Man.. Seriously? Do you not know that BBMO & Optiemus HAVE an agreement?

BBMO has developed and released the KEY series.. BBMO Has no rights to sell phones in India.. Optiemus has..
    But we still have all the KEY series phones in India! If Optiemus can release the KEY series by working with BBMO.. Why do you think that BBMO won't do the same with the X? And about the buildup and involvement.. Trust me.. No one trusted that there was a KEY1 with an extra GB of ram and dual sim in development for India.. But it was.. And it got released.. It's not the BlackBerry of old where everything leaked months before.. Optiemus is very good at keeping secretes!
    All the licensees were given the rights to Key series from BB Ltd as part of the licensing deal. When Optiemus was slow to market with KEYone, it outsourced the origins production run to BBMo. Those pesky import protectionist source requirements assure that Optiemus will have their domestic units. BBMo has more than enough resources to build VKB devices. After the Motion fiasco with carriers and consumers, it has pretty good actual demand curve data, not hypothesized fan interest from the internet.
    12-16-18 12:31 PM
    I asked them both on Twitter, I asked BlackBerry Merah Putih and they told me they don't plan to launch it in the US, so I then asked BlackBerry Mobile to release one like it and they said it's a different License Agreement.. It's stupid cause they could do something and work with one another to launch it here.
    BlackBerry Merah Puthi is for Indonesia.. Not India.. Evolve is a product of BlackBerry Mobile India which is run by Optiemus!
    12-16-18 01:00 PM
    Can you post a screenshot of the X ? I want that device so bad..
    X is yet to release! You can go on https://www.blackberrymobile.in to check it out!
    12-16-18 01:01 PM
    Man.. Seriously? Do you not know that BBMO & Optiemus HAVE an agreement?

BBMO has developed and released the KEY series.. BBMO Has no rights to sell phones in India.. Optiemus has..
    But we still have all the KEY series phones in India! If Optiemus can release the KEY series by working with BBMO.. Why do you think that BBMO won't do the same with the X? And about the buildup and involvement.. Trust me.. No one trusted that there was a KEY1 with an extra GB of ram and dual sim in development for India.. But it was.. And it got released.. It's not the BlackBerry of old where everything leaked months before.. Optiemus is very good at keeping secretes!
    Because BBMo could make much more money selling their own slab if they felt there was a market.

A slab manufacturer has no reason to sub-licence a generic slab made for Optiemus.
    12-16-18 01:13 PM
    All the licensees were given the rights to Key series from BB Ltd as part of the licensing deal. When Optiemus was slow to market with KEYone, it outsourced the origins production run to BBMo. Those pesky import protectionist source requirements assure that Optiemus will have their domestic units. BBMo has more than enough resources to build VKB devices. After the Motion fiasco with carriers and consumers, it has pretty good actual demand curve data, not hypothesized fan interest from the internet.
    Hypothesised fan interest? Man seriously? Everyone on this site knows for a fact that BlackBerry is afloat only because of it's fans! 90% of the BlackBerry phones are bought by the fans.. That is why the company goes great lengths and conducts long surveys and actually plan and develop their next move accordingly. You might know the KEY1 came in Limited edition black and 4 gb of ram + duel sim in India.. The worldwide fans voiced their opinions and the company listened and brought the KEY 1 black edition and also included duel sim in key 2 + an option of black form the beginning..

BBMO and Optiemus worked together to Bring the KEY series in India.. They had a press statement which I tried to search but couldn't find.. Sorry for that.. Which clearly stated that they are jointly working together to Bring that phone and all the other phones in India..
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-16-18 01:26 PM
    Hypothesised fan interest? Man seriously? Everyone on this site knows for a fact that BlackBerry is afloat only because of it's fans! 90% of the BlackBerry phones are bought by the fans.. That is why the company goes great lengths and conducts long surveys and actually plan and develop their next move accordingly. You might know the KEY1 came in Limited edition black and 4 gb of ram + duel sim in India.. The worldwide fans voiced their opinions and the company listened and brought the KEY 1 black edition and also included duel sim in key 2 + an option of black form the beginning..

BBMO and Optiemus worked together to Bring the KEY series in India.. They had a press statement which I tried to search but couldn't find.. Sorry for that.. Which clearly stated that they are jointly working together to Bring that phone and all the other phones in India..
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE dual-SIM was always planned for wide release from the start.
    12-16-18 01:30 PM
    Here you go.
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve X is probably definitely dead-snapchat-1687020086.jpg  
    12-16-18 01:33 PM
    The KEYᵒⁿᵉ BE dual-SIM was always planned for wide release from the start.
    Then why was it released as a single sim phone and was upgraded to a dual sim after Optiemus released their version in India and the international community started demanding it? Why not do it before if it was the plan from start?
    12-16-18 01:35 PM
    Then why was it released as a single sim phone and was upgraded to a dual sim after Optiemus released their version in India and the international community started demanding it? Why not do it before if it was the plan from start?
    Just part of the planned rollout process. Someone has to be first.
    12-16-18 01:37 PM
    Because BBMo could make much more money selling their own slab if they felt there was a market.

A slab manufacturer has no reason to sub-licence a generic slab made for Optiemus.
    Fair point. But my point is why will a slab manufacturer waste money in R&D in a new slab when there is a visible demand for one which is already developed.. We all know the DTEK 50 & 60 were rebrand alcatel phone released as BB! So why not change some bands in the X and release it when they Clearly have demand!
    12-16-18 01:41 PM
    Just part of the planned rollout process. Someone has to be first.
    Maybe.. Maybe not.. I respect your option.. But my option differs! Dual sim is not as famous in US as it is in India.. I clearly think BBMO listened to its customers demand and delivered a duel sim and a black colour version! It was probably done due to the demand and not because it was the plan all along.
    12-16-18 01:45 PM
    Fair point. But my point is why will a slab manufacturer waste money in R&D in a new slab when there is a visible demand for one which is already developed.. We all know the DTEK 50 & 60 were rebrand alcatel phone released as BB! So why not change some bands in the X and release it when they Clearly have demand!
    Waste money? Slab design and manufacture is what they do for a living.

I still trust BBMo's own market research metrics over social media anecdotes.
    12-16-18 01:45 PM
    Maybe.. Maybe not.. I respect your option.. But my option differs! Dual sim is not as famous in US as it is in India.. I clearly think BBMO listened to its customers demand and delivered a duel sim and a black colour version! It was probably done due to the demand and not because it was the plan all along.
    Dual SIM BE became available in India 3 weeks prior to the global launch announcement. The phone was manufactured with international bands from the start.

Trust me - it was never going to happen any other way.
    12-16-18 01:48 PM

Ok.. Can you tell me how a company does market research? What exactly is Market research by your terms?
    12-16-18 01:49 PM
    Here you go.
    another one
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve X is probably definitely dead-screenshot_20181217-012751.jpg  
    12-16-18 01:59 PM
    Dual SIM BE became available in India 3 weeks prior to the global launch announcement. The phone was manufactured with international bands from the start.

Trust me - it was never going to happen any other way.
    I searched a lot.. But was not able to find anything on the Dual sim global announcement.. All I could find was this.. Where there is no mention of a dual sim.. Just upgraded ram (4gb) and black colour.. That's it.. Here's the link.. If you have any which can prove your point.. Please post the link.. I'll be glad to read it!

https://m.crackberry.com/black-editi...eyone-say-what
    12-16-18 02:07 PM

Agreed....
    12-16-18 03:07 PM
    Because Optiemus is not licensed to sell the device anywhere near geographically compared to where BBMo/TCL is licensed. There’s no real demand for any BB licensed VKB device at the higher cost it has to be sold for. This was demonstrated with the Storm, 9850/9860, Z10, Z30, Leap, DTEK, Aurora, Motion and will be the same with any future BB licensed VKB device.

I would suspect the delay in the Evolve X model has something to do with less than stellar results for the Evolve model. It’s easy to say the BB PKB adds to selling price. Consumers don’t get that same encouragement with the VKB models.
    12-16-18 03:09 PM
    I searched a lot.. But was not able to find anything on the Dual sim global announcement.. All I could find was this.. Where there is no mention of a dual sim.. Just upgraded ram (4gb) and black colour.. That's it.. Here's the link.. If you have any which can prove your point.. Please post the link.. I'll be glad to read it!

https://m.crackberry.com/black-editi...eyone-say-what
    Let it go. The Silver KEYᵒⁿᵉ was the only BBMo device (out of the 5) without dual SIM. Optiemus/India had absolutely nothing to do with it.
    12-16-18 03:12 PM
    Well it was BlackBerry India is who I asked, either way they told me no.
    Last edited by hoytbowhunter; 12-17-18 at 06:12 AM. Reason: Miss spelling
    12-16-18 03:20 PM
    X is yet to release! You can go on https://www.blackberrymobile.in to check it out!
    Wow they still haven't released the X? From looking at the reviews on Amazon the Evolve has to many issues, it sounds just like the Priv when reading those comments lol.. I did find the Evolve and it will ship to the US, but I'm waiting to see what the X does because that's the one I want...
    12-17-18 06:16 AM
343 1234 ...