At the moment the Evolve X is living up to its code name "Ghost" !!!
    ������������������������������
    02-04-19 07:20 AM
    Ghost Pro is the code name used In pre-production.. Every phone has a model number which starts with BB.
    Eg. The KEY1 is BBB100-7
    & The KEY2 is BBF100-6 (India versions!) @Amaroni will tell what Evolve's Model Number is.
    Conite explained part of it and Google did the rest...

BBG100 - Ghost/Evolve
    BBH100 - Ghost Pro/Evolve X
    02-04-19 07:32 AM
    Conite explained part of it and Google did the rest...

BBG100 - Ghost/Evolve
    BBH100 - Ghost Pro/Evolve X
    I tried searching it but I was not able to find the model number so I did the lazy thing of tagging Amaroni! ������
    02-04-19 07:36 AM
    I tried searching it but I was not able to find the model number so I did the lazy thing of tagging Amaroni! 😂
    Glad I wasn't paying attention but working hard to be able to afford to buy the X , if it ever shows up !!! 😂

Bottom line the device is still a ghost!!
    02-04-19 01:05 PM
    Glad I wasn't paying attention but working hard to be able to afford to buy the X , if it ever shows up !!! ������

Bottom line the device is still a ghost!!
    True! ������������
    02-04-19 01:09 PM
    Tick tock tick tockEvolve X is probably definitely dead-notable-00014.jpeg
    dakid72 likes this.
    02-04-19 10:08 PM
    Can you provide an example of the so called poor after sales service ? source for your statement regarding Wistron please?

Given your user name it hardly surprising you haven't seen any Blackberry devices out in the wild 😁
    Without getting into the semantics, I will just say that if Lajpat Nagar service center in Delhi takes a month and a half just to procure a screen digitizer for a phone and another 2 weeks to fix and return a phone entirely made and produced in India. I will say it is poor service.
    Full Disclosure: It was my cousins phone. I use only BB10. when bb10 was alive their after sale service was probably worse than Optiemus but that doesn't absolve Optiemus for being so poorly.
    You can Google Optiemus Winstron deal way back in 2015. I don't have financial figures but I have been privy to some part of the deal structuring but my professional work is not open for public forums. Lets just say Optiemus/Winstron sould have done their due diligence more thoroughly.
    02-05-19 12:34 AM
    Without getting into the semantics, I will just say that if Lajpat Nagar service center in Delhi takes a month and a half just to procure a screen digitizer for a phone and another 2 weeks to fix and return a phone entirely made and produced in India. I will say it is poor service.
    Full Disclosure: It was my cousins phone. I use only BB10. when bb10 was alive their after sale service was probably worse than Optiemus but that doesn't absolve Optiemus for being so poorly.
    You can Google Optiemus Winstron deal way back in 2015. I don't have financial figures but I have been privy to some part of the deal structuring but my professional work is not open for public forums. Lets just say Optiemus/Winstron sould have done their due diligence more thoroughly.
    Given the experience your cousin had I will agree that the service offered in terms of repair by a third party is not up to standard. Do you know the name of the Company running the service centre ?

In terms of the Winstron deal notwithstanding due diligence, the deal was signed mid 2016. The deal seems to suggest that Winstron would invest as part of a joint venture 200 million dollars over a five year period. We are two and a half years into the deal and like you, I have no access to financial details, therefore cannot comment on whether the funds have been paid or not .....
    Last edited by Amaroni; 02-05-19 at 03:38 AM.
    02-05-19 01:21 AM
    When bb10 was alive their after sale service was probably worse than Optiemus
    Don't know about Delhi.. But it was good in Pune & Mumbai till the PRIV came! Also.. Optiemus has opened a new service station in Pune and the people who work there are really good!

My PRIV was stuck in bootloader and the service center person for old BB said the motherboard is dead after he killed my PRIV completely with some software thing which he said has a chance or solving the bootloader problem.
    Same thing happened with my KEY1 last month.. And the new Optiemus service centre not only fixed my device but did it without any cost.. In short.. Did his work honestly and without cheating me like the PRIV guy did!

Last 3 years have been hard for servicing a BB.. But now it's coming back to how it was before during the OS7 and 10 days!
    02-05-19 11:42 PM
    I don't know either BlackBerry is aware or not that Evolve xis not yet launched but still they are showing help section in tweet. Whats this https://twitter.com/BlackBerryHelp/s...05604864786435

Evolve X is probably definitely dead-screenshot-2019-02-06-9.57.44-pm.png
    02-06-19 10:31 AM
    https://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-...e-amazon-india

So they released this.. And if wasn't for Bla1ze I would've never known!

Man Optiemus.. Who handles your social media? One tweet? One Instagram post? Do you want to go out of business? Because there is no business without Advertising!

If anyone from Optiemus is reading this.. Please Learn something from TCL's Social Media team and if you're planning to release the Evolve X.. Do some social media campaigns!

- Sincere Request from A loyal but concerned BlackBerry fan.
    02-10-19 01:56 PM
    https://m.crackberry.com/blackberry-...e-amazon-india

So they released this.. And if wasn't for Bla1ze I would've never known!

Man Optiemus.. Who handles your social media? One tweet? One Instagram post? Do you want to go out of business? Because there is no business without Advertising!

If anyone from Optiemus is reading this.. Please Learn something from TCL's Social Media team and if you're planning to release the Evolve X.. Do some social media campaigns!

- Sincere Request from A loyal but concerned BlackBerry fan.
    It has been listed on Amazon India for nearly a month ....and quit begging... it's embarrassing!!! 😂😂
    02-10-19 02:10 PM
    Without rehashing the Optiemus war of 2018, is there any numbers guidance on Evolve sales from introduction. Just wondering if delay is to unload Evolve inventory since once Evolve X released, it could slow Evolve sales even more if cannabilizing Evolve offering.
    02-10-19 02:13 PM
    Without rehashing the Optiemus war of 2018, is there any numbers guidance on Evolve sales from introduction. Just wondering if delay is to unload Evolve inventory since once Evolve X released, it could slow Evolve sales even more if cannabilizing Evolve offering.
    All I know is that they exceeded the first batch expectations.. (Which was pretty low.. 450 if I remember correctly as quoted by someone on the forum) as it was sold out on amazon for a few days..
    No new information after that..
    02-10-19 02:20 PM
    It may be true
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve X is probably definitely dead-screenshot_2019-02-16-22-47-16-088_com.android.chrome.jpg  
    02-16-19 11:37 AM
    It may be true
    Most likely not. It was supposed to be released in January, then February... I think Half Life 3 is going to be released sooner LOL
    02-16-19 12:59 PM
    Most likely not. It was supposed to be released in January, then February... I think Half Life 3 is going to be released sooner LOL
    If we are graced by the almighty Lord Gaben.. Yes!
    02-16-19 01:26 PM
    If we are graced by the almighty Lord Gaben.. Yes!
    $1 it won't be released in March! Let's do a CrackBerry Stake!
    02-16-19 03:07 PM
    $1 it won't be released in March! Let's do a CrackBerry Stake!
    Umm.. Gaben is the CEO of Valve.. Creator of Half Life.

I guess you didn't get the reference! ������
    02-16-19 03:31 PM
    By the time they launch it... those specs aren't going to impress anyone, especially at that price. This time of the year, a whole slew of new midgrade phones are hitting the market.... from everyone. Even the Energizer Bunny is selling phones now... (18,000mAh battery is crazy, but I can see some markets being interested - even if it will be a brick).

Two BlackBerry slab phones (in addition to those importing the Motion) never made sense to me for the Indian market. I get there might be a enterprise market for BlackBerry secure phones, one willing to pay a premium for the security. But two devices...

And with the update cycle not being anything to be excited about... I just don't see a point.
    02-20-19 10:15 AM
    By the time they launch it... those specs aren't going to impress anyone, especially at that price. This time of the year, a whole slew of new midgrade phones are hitting the market.... from everyone.
    You're absolutely right. But.. Truth to be told we never buy a BlackBerry looking at its spec's! We (or atleast me) buy a BB just because it's a BB.. And the reason I'm getting the X (if it ever comes out) is because I want to replace my PRIV.. And.. well.. Support the company..

BUT.. If they don't update the specs on the finished model.. Then the only mobiles they are selling will be to the Loyalist and nothing to the mass market! Which will be an absolute disaster as Optiemus has been pretty good with the release of all other phones (KEY1 , 2, LE) in India!

About the enterprise market I'm not really sure.. There was a huge enterprise market till the OS7 days.. It all started going down for BlackBerry in India after BBM was made free.. Because it lost its exclusivity and the only reason I and many others like me bought a BlackBerry was because of BBM.. I felt in love with the keyboard.. Others.. Well.. Moved on!

I guess the recent patch was of January.. So.. It's manageable. Not very good but not that bad.
    02-22-19 03:15 PM
    You're absolutely right. But.. Truth to be told we never buy a BlackBerry looking at its spec's! We (or atleast me) buy a BB just because it's a BB.. And the reason I'm getting the X (if it ever comes out) is because I want to replace my PRIV.. And.. well.. Support the company..

BUT.. If they don't update the specs on the finished model.. Then the only mobiles they are selling will be to the Loyalist and nothing to the mass market! Which will be an absolute disaster as Optiemus has been pretty good with the release of all other phones (KEY1 , 2, LE) in India!

About the enterprise market I'm not really sure.. There was a huge enterprise market till the OS7 days.. It all started going down for BlackBerry in India after BBM was made free.. Because it lost its exclusivity and the only reason I and many others like me bought a BlackBerry was because of BBM.. I felt in love with the keyboard.. Others.. Well.. Moved on!

I guess the recent patch was of January.. So.. It's manageable. Not very good but not that bad.
    So you do have the January Android Security patch? Or was it just an update to fix the camera? We really get very little info...

I'm afraid the disaster for Optiemus was the Evolve, which is why the Evolve X is MIA with several delays.
    02-22-19 03:30 PM
    So you do have the January Android Security patch? Or was it just an update to fix the camera? We really get very little info...

I'm afraid the disaster for Optiemus was the Evolve, which is why the Evolve X is MIA with several delays.
    I do not have the Evolve but this is how I know about the update.. @Amaroni has one and according to him it improved the camera.

Evolve did decent sales.. Not very good but not as bad as expected with everyone crying about the price.. So. It is honestly very difficult to pinpoint exactly why X is still unreleased.

Another strange this is that the BBMO India handles for twitter and instagram have also not posted anything since 13th January. Considering they send out greetings and wishes on every occasion missing our Republic Day was a big deal.. So I guess there are some problems going on in either the whole company or the marketing team!
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve X is probably definitely dead-screenshot_20190223-131919.jpg  
    02-23-19 01:57 AM
    I do not have the Evolve but this is how I know about the update.. @Amaroni has one and according to him it improved the camera.

Evolve did decent sales.. Not very good but not as bad as expected with everyone crying about the price.. So. It is honestly very difficult to pinpoint exactly why X is still unreleased.

Another strange this is that the BBMO India handles for twitter and instagram have also not posted anything since 13th January. Considering they send out greetings and wishes on every occasion missing our Republic Day was a big deal.. So I guess there are some problems going on in either the whole company or the marketing team!
    It's wasn't the January patch, it was the November patch and it did improve their camera . Since then no sign of a patch.

The Evolve is still being sold by multiple sellers on Amazon but not Amazon themselves. As for the device it is still performing perfectly.
    02-23-19 12:24 PM
    It's wasn't the January patch, it was the November patch and it did improve their camera . Since then no sign of a patch.

The Evolve is still being sold by multiple sellers on Amazon but not Amazon themselves. As for the device it is still performing perfectly.
    But they said it was Jan MR software update in the tweet!
    02-23-19 12:30 PM
343 ... 7891011 ...