03-24-19 10:49 PM
36 12
tools
    After the recent update for Evolve, it seems the camera is getting better, especially pictures taken in low light, which had been one of the main sore point.

Anyone noticed any difference?
    01-06-19 06:11 AM
    01-06-19 03:01 PM
    honestly I haven't had a chance to test it since the update yesterday.
    01-06-19 03:33 PM
    yes camera had improved significantly, it is now up to par with the Key One. But before I say it's better I would like to use it more .
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-07-19 03:10 AM
    yes camera had improved significantly, it is now up to par with the Key One. But before I say it's better I would like to use it more .
    Hey, I've been using a Motion for the past year, at some point simultaneously with a Key2 black (hated the loose space button, sold it). Everything with Motion is fine except for the camera, which is horrible. Just ordered an Evolve. Do you think Evolve is an improvement on the Motion in terms of the camera?
    Thanks
    01-08-19 03:57 AM
    Hey, I've been using a Motion for the past year, at some point simultaneously with a Key2 black (hated the loose space button, sold it). Everything with Motion is fine except for the camera, which is horrible. Just ordered an Evolve. Do you think Evolve is an improvement on the Motion in terms of the camera?
    Thanks
    Unfortunately the camera on the Motion has always had an issue . Had TCL used the same camera hardware for the Motion as they did with the Keyone , it would have made the Motion even better than it is already . That being said TCL have tried through various software updates to improve the camera but there is only so far you can go with improvements given the hardware .

The Evolve is a different story. At the beginning I felt the camera was equally as poor as the one on the Motion but this latest update has made a big difference . The easiest way for me to describe is "point and shoot " and you get a great image . I have tried about twenty times and it has yet to be out of focus.... So yes I feel it is better.

By the way good choice for purchasing the Evolve!
    Jake2826 likes this.
    01-08-19 04:23 AM
    Unfortunately the camera on the Motion has always had an issue . Had TCL used the same camera hardware for the Motion as they did with the Keyone , it would have made the Motion even better than it is already . That being said TCL have tried through various software updates to improve the camera but there is only so far you can go with improvements given the hardware .

The Evolve is a different story. At the beginning I felt the camera was equally as poor as the one on the Motion but this latest update has made a big difference . The easiest way for me to describe is "point and shoot " and you get a great image . I have tried about twenty times and it has yet to be out of focus.... So yes I feel it is better.

By the way good choice for purchasing the Evolve!
    Wasn't aware TCL provided any updates to try and improve Motion's camera. Those updates must of missed mine.
    01-08-19 07:24 AM
    Wasn't aware TCL provided any updates to try and improve Motion's camera. Those updates must of missed mine.
    Well that's part of the problem , they really couldn't do much to improve the camera because the hardware isn't great so regardless of what they tried it didnt really make a difference
    01-08-19 07:27 AM
    Oh I'm sure you're are right yet don't ever remember anyone coming up with a concrete answer as to the hardware/sensor they were actually using in the Motion, if someone did must of missed that too lol.
    01-08-19 07:40 AM
    Are there any before/after pictures?
    01-08-19 10:22 AM
    Are there any before/after pictures?
    For the Evolve? No sorry
    01-08-19 01:39 PM
    Oh I'm sure you're are right yet don't ever remember anyone coming up with a concrete answer as to the hardware/sensor they were actually using in the Motion, if someone did must of missed that too lol.
    The sensor in the key one is the same as used in the Pixel ( Sony IMX 387) However because of the software used the pixel images are better than those taken by the Keyone . The Motion uses a different sensor completely ( Omnivision OV 8856) and therefore with software updates there is no way to bring it up to the standard of the Keyone .

Hope that helps ....
    01-08-19 02:01 PM
    @Amaroni Do you plan to buy the X when it releases? Because if I'm not wrong the Evolve and X both have different camera setup and resolution! Will you do a comparison post of the images taken by both the mobiles for the Crackberry community?
    01-09-19 01:54 AM
    @Amaroni Do you plan to buy the X when it releases? Because if I'm not wrong the Evolve and X both have different camera setup and resolution! Will you do a comparison post of the images taken by both the mobiles for the Crackberry community?
    Hey when did I become the designated Blackberry Evolve tester ?? ๐Ÿ˜
    01-09-19 12:20 PM
    Hey when did I become the designated Blackberry Evolve tester ??
    You're the only hope our international community has as of now my friend!
    01-09-19 12:34 PM
    well if you put it like that I guess I have no choice but to purchase one ...question is where do I hide it !!
    skrble likes this.
    01-09-19 12:41 PM
    well if you put it like that I guess I have no choice but to purchase one ...question is where do I hide it !!
    In the other pocket maybe? :P
    01-09-19 01:19 PM
    the other pocket holds my Z30 .....
    01-09-19 01:36 PM
    the other pocket holds my Z30 .....
    Damn! Maybe Announce a giveaway for your evolve here? So many people want to get their hands on it!
    01-10-19 01:56 AM
    Damn! Maybe Announce a giveaway for your evolve here? So many people want to get their hands on it!
    First you want me to buy the Evolve x , conduct a comparison between it and the Evolve and then you want me to give the Evolve away?? Give me a break!! ๐Ÿ˜‚

Besides by the time Optiemus releases the X it will be obsolete and they will have to rename it .....

Please don't misunderstand I would like to see the release of the device..... They have officially launched it and not to release it doesnt instill confidence going forward.

Lets hope they provide some sort of reason which can explain the delay .....
    01-10-19 02:51 AM
    First you want me to buy the Evolve x , conduct a comparison between it and the Evolve and then you want me to give the Evolve away?? Give me a break!!

Besides by the time Optiemus releases the X it will be obsolete and they will have to rename it .....

Please don't misunderstand I would like to see the release of the device..... They have officially launched it and not to release it doesnt instill confidence going forward.

Lets hope they provide some sort of reason which can explain the delay .....
    Well.. One man's junk is another's treasure!

I hope the release is this month.. Man I don't want to buy the X and some other device from TCL (PRIV 2 PLEASE!) Pops around in 6 months.. It will be heartbreaking!

Let's hope the reason is adding bands for the international market!
    01-10-19 03:49 AM
    !

Omg could you imagine? I would import one so fast if that were the case!
    01-10-19 03:59 AM
    Well.. One man's junk is another's treasure! ๐Ÿ˜‚

I hope the release is this month.. Man I don't want to buy the X and some other device from TCL (PRIV 2 PLEASE!) Pops around in 6 months.. It will be heartbreaking!

Indeed then I will have to buy the X and the new (priv 2) and that would be a terrible thing ๐Ÿ˜
    01-10-19 06:22 AM
    Indeed then I will have to buy the X and the new (priv 2) and that would be a terrible thing
    *amazing
    01-10-19 10:23 AM
    *amazing
    ๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚๐Ÿ˜‚
    01-10-19 12:32 PM
36 12