Just received my BlackBerry Evolve. First impressions in comparison to the Motion is that the Evolve is a better device. It has a bigger screen with no big lip.

The phone is lighter than the Motion and thinner .

It has the customary textured backing which gives it that BlackBerry feel.

The fingerprint scanner is on the back of the phone, which is fine once you figure out which finger to use.

All normal BlackBerry apps ( except TCL locker ) are present and work as expected.

I haven't tested the cameras as yet but will do shortly.

The dual sim aspect is a big plus however if you use two sims you don't have the use of an sd card however with 64 gb capacity I think I am covered .

No convenience key but really that's not an issue because I hardly used it when using the Motion.

The Evolve is more like an upgrade for the Z30 (which is my personal phone).

So far I am very impressed and pleasantly surprised how good the Evolve is !!!
    Jake2826 and Akure4Life like this.
    12-03-18 05:03 PM
    Just received my BlackBerry Evolve. First impressions in comparison to the Motion is that the Evolve is a better device. It has a bigger screen with no big lip.

The phone is lighter than the Motion and thinner .

It has the customary textured backing which gives it that BlackBerry feel.

The fingerprint scanner is on the back of the phone, which is fine once you figure out which finger to use.

All normal BlackBerry apps ( except TCL locker ) are present and work as expected.

I haven't tested the cameras as yet but will do shortly.

The dual sim aspect is a big plus however if you use two sims you don't have the use of an sd card however with 64 gb capacity I think I am covered .

No convenience key but really that's not an issue because I hardly used it when using the Motion.

The Evolve is more like an upgrade for the Z30 (which is my personal phone).

So far I am very impressed and pleasantly surprised how good the Evolve is !!!
    What about the fact that you only have LTE bands 1, 3, 5, 7, 8, 40, and 41 ? Yikes.

Band 20 is the most popular band in the UK, but you can get by with 3 and 7 on some networks.
    Last edited by conite; 12-03-18 at 09:34 PM.
    12-03-18 07:07 PM
    So glad you checked because Vodafone uses band 7 . The purpose of purchasing the device was to test it just because I was intrigued as to the quality and functionality having tested the Key one and the Motion . 😁
    Jake2826 likes this.
    12-03-18 09:45 PM
    So glad you checked because Vodafone uses band 7 . The purpose of purchasing the device was to test it just because I was intrigued as to the quality and functionality having tested the Key one and the Motion .
    Consider yourself lucky. The Evolve is essentially dead in the Americas because of our LTE bands here.
    12-03-18 11:34 PM
    I do consider myself lucky, I use a Blackberry and am proud to do so !
    12-04-18 12:25 AM
    I do consider myself lucky, I use a Blackberry and am proud to do so !
    No pics to make us even more jealous!?!
    12-04-18 08:38 AM
    Now why would I do that ?
    Attached Thumbnails Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1151392.jpg   Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1152194.jpg   Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1152218.jpg   Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1152376.jpg   Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1152422.jpg  

Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1152521.jpg   Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1153381.jpg   Evolve observations in the UK.-img_20181203_1153550.jpg  
    JordanKhoolYemb likes this.
    12-04-18 12:17 PM
    Beautiful phone,, wish I could have one over here in the USA!!
    12-04-18 12:51 PM
    Now why would I do that ?
    I want an Evolve X so badly and that looks marvelous.
    12-04-18 02:37 PM
    First full day of use and the phone performed flawlessly. The fingerprint scanner is super fast (faster than the Motion). it's great not having any physical buttons on the phone. However the downside is the temptation to swipe as with BB10. Call quality has been very clear and I love the fact that I can choose which sim I use to make a call or send a text, ( I can set it to automatically use one or the other ). With one incoming call I even got a notification that is could be a spam call !!! . No WiFi issues or mobile data issues at all. I did try the camera and the image quality is far superior to that of the Motion and is comparable with the Key One . I am not a photography expert so can't really comment too much on image quality comparisons . The dolby speakers are an improvement on the Motion but not as good as the Z30. For the price of £250, in my opinion this phone outshines the current TCL offering ( exception Key Two, haven't tried that one yet )
    12-04-18 03:23 PM
    First full day of use and the phone performed flawlessly. The fingerprint scanner is super fast (faster than the Motion). it's great not having any physical buttons on the phone. However the downside is the temptation to swipe as with BB10. Call quality has been very clear and I love the fact that I can choose which sim I use to make a call or send a text, ( I can set it to automatically use one or the other ). With one incoming call I even got a notification that is could be a spam call !!! . No WiFi issues or mobile data issues at all. I did try the camera and the image quality is far superior to that of the Motion and is comparable with the Key One . I am not a photography expert so can't really comment too much on image quality comparisons . The dolby speakers are an improvement on the Motion but not as good as the Z30. For the price of £250, in my opinion this phone outshines the current TCL offering ( exception Key Two, haven't tried that one yet )
    Which website did you buy this from?

I am looking to buy either this or X vetsion
    12-05-18 06:54 PM
    it was bought via Amazon India and hand carried to the UK
    12-06-18 12:38 AM
    one week on an the Evolve is performing flawlessly and proving to be a better device than both the Motion and Keyone.

no call drops or WiFi or Bluetooth issues . call clarity is very good ,all applications are functioning as intended.

the "larger" screen (no lip) and light weight makes the device very user friendly.

for me the Evolve could be considered a direct replacement to the Z30 and is the best device launched under the new blackberry licensing deals ( haven't tried Key Two)

a pleasure to own and use !

Should mention 4g connectivity no issue (Vodafone)
    12-10-18 02:46 AM
    just got round to setting up the face recognition on the Evolve . Pretty much instant unlock . gave it to my son and wife to see if they could unlock and device didn't unlock .

so

Dual Sim
    Fingerprint scanner
    Facial recognition
    Great screen size
    4000 mHa battery
    Dolby sound
    Blackberry apps including Hub
    Blackberry security
    no issue with WiFi / Bluetooth connectivity
    call quality crystal clear

Wait for it and all for the incredibly expensive price of US Dollars 315 ( taken at today's rate of exchange against Sterling).

Now the bad

Camera really doesn't work well as perhaps the software needs fine tuning as more often than not images are blurred despite being "in focus " when taking the shot .....( could also be I can't take an image)

Should you buy it ? if it is compatible in your geographical location then yes buy it because it represents great value for money along with Blackberry security.

PS ...prefer a PKB ? Heck Blackberry even cover than with the Keyone and Keytwo...
    12-24-18 04:54 AM
    just got round to setting up the face recognition on the Evolve . Pretty much instant unlock . gave it to my son and wife to see if they could unlock and device didn't unlock .

so

Dual Sim
    Fingerprint scanner
    Facial recognition
    Great screen size
    4000 mHa battery
    Dolby sound
    Blackberry apps including Hub
    Blackberry security
    no issue with WiFi / Bluetooth connectivity
    call quality crystal clear

Wait for it and all for the incredibly expensive price of US Dollars 315 ( taken at today's rate of exchange against Sterling).

Now the bad

Camera really doesn't work well as perhaps the software needs fine tuning as more often than not images are blurred despite being "in focus " when taking the shot .....( could also be I can't take an image)

Should you buy it ? if it is compatible in your geographical location then yes buy it because it represents great value for money along with Blackberry security.

PS ...prefer a PKB ? Heck Blackberry even cover than with the Keyone and Keytwo...
    +1 review seems fairly objective to me
    12-24-18 09:56 AM
    at least there is a +1 review ....and both are positive
    12-24-18 10:30 AM
    PDAPLAZA ........BLACKBERRY EVOLVE 64GB DUAL SIM BLACK - FACTORY UNLOCKED (GLOBAL)

BlackBerry

Ships within 15-25 business days after receiving payment

$475.00 CAD
    01-12-19 10:19 AM
    PDAPLAZA ........BLACKBERRY EVOLVE 64GB DUAL SIM BLACK - FACTORY UNLOCKED (GLOBAL)

BlackBerry

$475.00 CAD
    You can buy one from Amazon India for approximately 250 US dollars right now ....and it won't cost 225 us dollars for shipping ....
    01-12-19 11:58 AM

BlackBerry

$475.00 CAD
    This suggests PDAPLAZA is placing single order in origin country and when they receive, forwarding to you. Like Amaroni says, you could do that yourself and save a lot of money or pay little extra for quicker shipping and get sooner.
    01-12-19 02:35 PM
    This suggests PDAPLAZA is placing single order in origin country and when they receive, forwarding to you. Like Amaroni says, you could do that yourself and save a lot of money or pay little extra for quicker shipping and get sooner.
    I suspect the post was an advert ....there is a similar one for the Motion posted by the same person ...
    Dunt Dunt Dunt likes this.
    01-12-19 03:40 PM
    I already tried ordering it from Amazon India they will not ship to Canada, and I've already order one from PDAplaza to see how this phone will work in Canada, if its garbage I have no problem tossing it out. I'm not here to promote PDAplaza I'm just answering people question from where they can purchase one.........$445 CAD =$336 USD
    01-12-19 04:10 PM
    I suspect the post was an advert ....there is a similar one for the Motion posted by the same person ...
    Post count suggests as well.. good catch
    01-12-19 06:53 PM
    I already tried ordering it from Amazon India they will not ship to Canada, and I've already order one from PDAplaza to see how this phone will work in Canada, if its garbage I have no problem tossing it out. I'm not here to promote PDAplaza I'm just answering people question from where they can purchase one.........$445 CAD =$336 USD
    Supported 4G/LTE bands for Evolve:

1/3/5/7/8/40/41

Rogers uses 4/7/12, and Telus/Bell use 2/4/5/7/12/13/17/29
    01-12-19 11:31 PM
    Did you order the Motion as well ?
    01-13-19 02:00 AM
    You are a saint for taking the bullet and testing this device for us canucks!

Have you received it yet? What carrier are you on? I was tempted to buy one from PDA myself but I just grabbed the KEY2 LE Atomic and am in love with it. I love me my Berrys but even I'm not willing to buy two brand new devices within the same month!

If your Evolve test goes well with the Cdn carriers (I dual Sim with both Rogers and Bell) than I'll be importing the Evolve X the minute it gets released... hopefully before the decade's over!!!
    01-19-19 10:43 PM
56 123