I have had my Evolve for about 6 months. I am using Mint with it but I am thinking of switching to AT&T prepaid.

I have to make a decision in the next week or so.

Is AT&T better than TMobiles's Mint?
    09-01-20 07:02 AM
    The Evolve had very few US Bands.... not sure if it has any of AT&T's or more specifically the main ones used in your area. You'll need to do your research.
    09-01-20 07:09 AM
    I have had my Evolve for about 6 months. I am using Mint with it but I am thinking of switching to AT&T prepaid.

I would suggest getting AT&T prepaid SIM and getting Cricket SIM then giving each a try.

AT&T owns Cricket but prioritizes it's AT&T prepaid over it's MVNO brand. It may also use different bands or different sequence order with Cricket so one could provide better coverage over the other.

Same thing with T-Mobile prepaid over T-Mobile owned MetroPCS or whatever it's called now. I suspect that Mint's coverage is similar to former MetroPCS and such.

At the end of the day, the Evolve wasn't ever intended to be used outside it's domestic market.
    09-01-20 07:42 AM
    I would suggest getting AT&T prepaid SIM and getting Cricket SIM then giving each a try.

AT&T owns Cricket but prioritizes it's AT&T prepaid over it's MVNO brand. It may also use different bands or different sequence order with Cricket so one could provide better coverage over the other.

Same thing with T-Mobile prepaid over T-Mobile owned MetroPCS or whatever it's called now. I suspect that Mint's coverage is similar to former MetroPCS and such.

At the end of the day, the Evolve wasn't ever intended to be used outside it's domestic market.

Thanks Chuck.

Yeah, I knew that Evolve was supposed to be for Indian markets. That said, the phone is likely one of the best BB phones I have ever had!

Mint (TMobile) has been spotty. I get out in the open country then it coverage does pretty well.

Since I am close to renewal, I really started digging into AT&T then I remember simply to ask the Crackberryverse for yall's experience.

As for the Evolve, HOLY **** it's a great phone and quite durable.
    09-01-20 07:51 AM

Evolve supports the following LTE bands:

1/3/5/7/8/40/41

That means you only have one lesser band on AT&T.

The Evolve is a dumpster fire in North America.

09-01-20 08:05 AM
    Evolve supports the following LTE bands:

1/3/5/7/8/40/41

That means you only have one lesser band on AT&T.

The Evolve is a dumpster fire in North America.

[IMG=523x632]https://uploads.tapatalk-cdn.com/20200901/93d79be6ddbb38a9cf60cea2bb951257.jpg[/url]

Might be "ok" as a 3G device... but once T-Mobile ends 3G at the end of the year, he won't have many options.
    09-01-20 09:05 AM
    Hmm... the only common LTE band it has with AT&T is band 5.

In South Louisiana, I don't think I've ever seen band 5 lit up. It's mostly 2 and 66 now around here, while 4 and 12/17 (which I think is interchangeable with them) was more common a few years back.

Of course, in other parts of the country, AT&T may favor the other bands more. So, it depends on where you are. Around here the Evolve would likely only get 3G until AT&T shuts that down in Feb 2022.
    09-01-20 12:15 PM
    Unless he moves to the UK where the evolve gets full 4 g 😁
    09-03-20 02:40 PM