05-26-18 06:29 AM
83 1234
tools
    If you only use a spec:cost ratio to pick a smartphone, the OnePlus and Essential would be the only devices sold.

The OnePlus is doing ok, but the Essential is having trouble.

There are other considerations - like durability, security, and battery life. I would expect the Motion to bury the Ghost on these aspects.
    I agree conite, but I am worried that blackberry is not producing any mobiles, they are only on software side.

TCL, Optiemus are creating hardware and not sure whether these their products will have high standards as Blackberry mobiles..

Also my comments is not only as blackberry fan, realistic is to make a come back, all types of people must be able to buy which increases revenue and market strength.

Even oneplus became hit, coz they have good standards at reasonable cost..

I want blackberry to grow strong as it was before. People will see you great if you use BlackBerry rather than costly other models

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    03-23-18 11:34 AM
    I agree conite, but I am worried that blackberry is not producing any mobiles, they are only on software side.

TCL, Optiemus are creating hardware and not sure whether these their products will have high standards as Blackberry mobiles..

Also my comments is not only as blackberry fan, realistic is to make a come back, all types of people must be able to buy which increases revenue and market strength.

Even oneplus became hit, coz they have good standards at reasonable cost..

I want blackberry to grow strong as it was before. People will see you great if you use BlackBerry rather than costly other models

 Z10 STL -2
    The two products put out by TCL have excellent build quality - as good as anything BlackBerry had made before. I'm not worried about that.

As far as making devices that appeal to everyone - while I agree in principle, one has to be careful not to extend beyond your niche. There are plenty of other devices out there to choose from, so if TCL and Optiemus want to sell devices, they need to offer something unique and somewhat exclusive.
    03-23-18 11:39 AM
    If you only use a spec:cost ratio to pick a smartphone, the OnePlus and Essential would be the only devices sold.

The OnePlus is doing ok, but the Essential is having trouble.

There are other considerations - like durability, security, and battery life. I would expect the Motion to bury the Ghost on these aspects.
    Not sure how will the Motion bury the Ghost on Security?
    Battery and durability, we have gotta see.
    Personally, I think the only aspect the motion might be better is durability. Everything else, the Ghost will bury the Motion big time.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-23-18 01:12 PM
    Battery and durability, we have gotta see.
    Personally, I think the only aspect the motion might be better is durability. Everything else, the Ghost will bury the Motion big time.

You're prepared to say that, sight unseen?

The Ghost looks like a typical razer-thin edge to edge glass slab - not exactly screaming monster battery.

But we'll see. Optiemus has to make its own choices for its own market. Good luck to them.
    03-23-18 01:15 PM
    You're prepared to say that, sight unseen?

The Ghost looks like a typical razer-thin edge to edge glass slab - not exactly screaming monster battery.

But we'll see. Optiemus has to make its own choices for its own market. Good luck to them.
    Well so did you?
    I am just speculating. The razer thin design is why I think in terms of durability the Motion will be better. I think seeing the huge size they can fit in a pretty sizeable battery in there.

03-23-18 01:17 PM
    If it's anything like the Aurora was, then it'll get maybe three updates during its entire existence. That security updates are a negotiable part of the contract between BlackBerry and licensees defeats the purpose of billing them as secure smartphones, but I digress.
    conite likes this.
    03-23-18 01:19 PM
    If it's anything like the Aurora was, then it'll get maybe three updates during its entire existence. That security updates are a negotiable part of the contract between BlackBerry and licensees defeats the purpose of billing them as secure smartphones, but I digress.
    I hope it's not another Aurora. But then who knows at this point.

03-23-18 01:21 PM
    Well so did you?
    I am just speculating. The razer thin design is why I think in terms of durability the Motion will be better. I think seeing the huge size they can fit in a pretty sizeable battery in there.

My thoughts regarding durability and battery are just a casual observance related to the physics of a thin glass slab. Security, as pointed out by Thurask can only be as good as TCL (at best), or as poor as PT BB Merah Putih (at worst).

I don't think it's that much of a leap to think those 3 aspects will likely be superior on the Motion.

But we'll see.
    03-23-18 01:23 PM
    My thoughts regarding durability and battery are just a casual observance related to the physics of a thin glass slab. Security, as pointed out by Thurask can only be as good as TCL (at best), or as poor as PT BB Merah Putih (at worst).
    Well I agree on the durability part. But on battery I observe differently.
    Security aspect. Well we will see. Difficult to say anything right now.

03-23-18 01:24 PM
    I believe, Optiemus has reviewed all the pro's and corns of Blackberry device produced by TCL and Merah.
    Optiemus starting its own devices lately to give a good device which suits for Indian market.

My assumption is Ghost will have, good battery, spec, camera, proper security updates and cost.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    03-23-18 01:42 PM

My assumption is Ghost will have, good battery, spec, camera, proper security updates and cost.
    You can't have everything. Something has to give, and compromises have to be made.
    03-23-18 02:23 PM
    BlackBerry Ghost Pro Leak-screen-shot-2018-03-24-12.04.15.png

This is the ingenuity of the licensing programme. Interesting device that likely won't leave the Indian market gets global coverage and builds intrigue in BlackBerry as a whole.

We don't know how well it will all work out, but the hardware licensees and BlackBerry's QNX partnerships are certainly keeping the steady stream of headlines going.
    03-24-18 07:14 AM
    PRO by the looks is good device. I will be more interested to see the specs of the device. Going by the looks , the device has a impressive display and the Blackberry emblem in the front , it will sport a better camera than the KeyOne and Motion. The Indian market is price sensitive and Optiemus knows it well and they will have to price the device carefully to propel a successful return of Blackberry.
    03-24-18 07:25 AM
    it will sport a better camera than the KeyOne and Motion. The Indian market is price sensitive and Optiemus knows it well and they will have to price the device carefully to propel a successful return of Blackberry.
    This is the reason for me to stress the importance of mobile price in Indian market. Each penny is counted and it must be affordable to even for a blackberry lover.. Even a good device with 40k+/500+$ is not for all Indian people. Due to lot of choices here..
    Each and every month nearly 5 new devices are getting launched and all the mobile Company targeted on budget segment phones.

Strategy is, Selling 1 mobile out of 1000 ppl is less than selling 10 mobiles out of 1000 ppl.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-24-18 08:35 AM
    This is the reason for me to stress the importance of mobile price in Indian market. Each penny is counted and it must be affordable to even for a blackberry lover.. Even a good device with 40k+/500+$ is not for all Indian people. Due to lot of choices here..
    Each and every month nearly 5 new devices are getting launched and all the mobile Company targeted on budget segment phones.

Strategy is, Selling 1 mobile out of 1000 ppl is less than selling 10 mobiles out of 1000 ppl.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    Nice point. I agree with you Vignesh.
    03-24-18 08:51 AM
    Nice point. I agree with you Vignesh.
    Just keep in mind that, all else being equal, a BlackBerry-branded device will ALWAYS be at least 25% more expensive due to the licencing of the secure OS.
    IndianTiwari likes this.
    03-24-18 11:29 AM
    Just keep in mind that, all else being equal, a BlackBerry-branded device will ALWAYS be at least 25% more expensive due to the licencing of the secure OS.
    And it should be. For the security and the brand. I wouldn't want a BlackBerry branded device to compete with the likes of Xiomi or even One Plus for that matter. But BlackBerry and now BlackBerry's licensee seem to charge more than 25% and that's where the problem lies.

03-24-18 12:00 PM
    Hmmm, let's see how Optiemus manage this. I am sure they have already counted on this and that's the biggest challenge in front.

Optiemus future and their next product will be decided only with the GHOST.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    03-24-18 12:02 PM
    For that 25% extra cost, I am putting you a straightforward question.

In case, motion don't have blackberry secured android OS, how much it will be priced. ( with same spec, battery, durability, Android OS etc)?

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    03-24-18 12:09 PM
    For that 25% extra cost, I am putting you a straightforward question.

In case, motion don't have blackberry secured android OS, how much it will be priced. ( with same spec, battery, durability, Android OS etc)?

 Z10 STL -2
    Hard to say. There is also an economies of scale issue as well.

The Asus ZenFone 3 Zoom ZE553KL is somewhat comparable and is about $350 unlocked, compared to the Motion at $450 (although the Motion has more ram and is water-resistant).

I also think the Motion is more durable and of better construction.
    03-24-18 12:29 PM
    It's up to your market. I having many budget mobile available with more spec to motion such as honor 9i ($280) Redmi pro ($220).

Even I accept motion for ($400) here for durability and security which is 50% high at cost, not all the people will accept it..

Same optiemus launched Keyone here with price of $600, it's a PKB device, but why they have not launched motion for $400 here?

Also now a days people not using same phone for years as like past. They keep on changing phones as new specification comes in such as AI. So we need to ask ourselves that people are really thinking of durability??

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    03-24-18 01:33 PM
    It's up to your market. I having many budget mobile available with more spec to motion such as honor 9i ($280) Redmi pro ($220).

Even I accept motion for ($400) here for durability and security which is 50% high at cost, not all the people will accept it..

Same optiemus launched Keyone here with price of $600, it's a PKB device, but why they have not launched motion for $400 here?

Also now a days people not using same phone for years as like past. They keep on changing phones as new specification comes in such as AI. So we need to ask ourselves that people are really thinking of durability??

 Z10 STL -2
    Durability means it has less chance of breaking when dropped.

A BlackBerry-branded device will never, ever, get even close to those kind of numbers.
    03-24-18 01:39 PM
    Durability means it has less chance of breaking when dropped.

A BlackBerry-branded device will never, ever, get even close to those kind of numbers.
    Less chance of breaking? Then why Keyone have screen lift issue?. I believe most of the mobile phone will break by dropping and it related to physics. How and on where it is falling.

I see durability only on old BlackBerry qwerty phones and old Nokia Symbian models. Not on any touch phone. Some phone such as moto z force is highlighted as shockproof, unbreakable etc.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    03-24-18 01:56 PM
    Less chance of breaking? Then why Keyone have screen lift issue?. I believe most of the mobile phone will break by dropping and it related to physics. How and on where it is falling.

I see durability only on old BlackBerry qwerty phones and old Nokia Symbian models. Not on any touch phone. Some phone such as moto z force is highlighted as shockproof, unbreakable etc.

 Z10 STL -2 ™
    That's due to lack of adhesive not the device robustness
    03-24-18 02:04 PM

 Z10 STL -2
    Screen lift happened on a subset of the initial batch of KEYᵒⁿᵉ devices. It has been fixed since.

Making a device out of metal instead of plastic, and making it thicker increases torsional strength. Avoiding edge to edge glass makes it more durable. There are a number of design characteristics that lead to improved drop resilience.

That's the whole mantra behind TCL/BBMo - durable, battery, security.

BlackBerry KEYone shows it can take a beating in this "real world" durability test video! https://www.crackberry.com/blackberr...ity-test-video
    03-24-18 02:08 PM
83 1234