Unlike the first 'ghost' this one looks more like a Motion except with no home button, and a BlackBerry logo on the front.

In order words, another Optiemus rebranded TCL BlackBerry tweaked for the India market.
    03-24-18 08:46 PM
    Unlike the first 'ghost' this one looks more like a Motion except with no home button, and a BlackBerry logo on the front.

In order words, another Optiemus rebranded TCL BlackBerry tweaked for the India market.
    They specifically stated they were their own designs and builds.
    03-24-18 08:50 PM
    They specifically stated they were their own designs and builds.
    They also said TCL was only 'helping out' with their initial batch of KeyOnes. I would take anything Optiemus says with a huge grain of salt.

Blurry image aside...the Ghost Pro still looks like a Motion with BlackBerry written on the chin instead of home button...
    03-24-18 08:57 PM
    They also said TCL was only 'helping out' with their initial batch of KeyOnes.
    I'm not so sure it ever went beyond the initial batch.
    03-24-18 09:00 PM
    Exactly. Which is all the more reason the be sceptical about any claims about their so-called own design and/or build and what that really means.
    03-24-18 09:04 PM
    Never heard of KEYᴼᴺᴱ being manufactured by Optiemus themselves. So agree with the above poster. Whatever Optiemus says take that with a huge grain of salt. Until now it's just been big talk mostly.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    03-24-18 10:05 PM
    Never heard of KEYᴼᴺᴱ being manufactured by Optiemus themselves. So agree with the above poster. Whatever Optiemus says take that with a huge grain of salt. Until now it's just been big talk mostly.

They didn't make it.

They said they WOULD take over production after the initial batch. But sales volumes did not necessitate that option.

So there is no inconsistency.
    03-24-18 10:08 PM
    They didn't make it.

They said they WOULD take over production after the initial batch. But sales volumes did not necessitate that option.

So there is no inconsistency.
    That COULD be the case but that's just speculation because we neither know the size of the batch nor the sales volume. I would assume they must have sold their first batch with the KEYᴼᴺᴱ being available in 2 other countries as well apart from India. But just speculation.

03-24-18 10:10 PM
    Just keep in mind that, all else being equal, a BlackBerry-branded device will ALWAYS be at least 25% more expensive due to the licencing of the secure OS.
    Yes Sir I agree with you completely and have been always a fan of Blackberry security and hardened OS. Pricing will be the key here.
    Indian smart phone market is a growing market saw a growth of 14 percent in 2017 and is poised for further growth . Reports shows 124 million units were shipped in 2017. PRO may be device designed and made of India and will bring Blackberry back in reckoning .

https://www.businesstoday.in/technol...ry/270626.html
    03-25-18 01:51 AM
    Do we have any updates for Ghost and Ghost Pro? Some Indian forums or such? It went pretty quiet after evleaks
    05-04-18 09:08 AM
    Still nothing? Kind of interesting. It's been a while.
    05-09-18 05:32 AM
    The best devices created by Optiemus are its renders. Have they actually produced any phones themselves? Ghost seems tongue in cheek appropriately named for the VKB line. The PKB line will be called the “Vapor”.
    05-09-18 07:02 AM
    I think the launch has been shifted to Q2.

"The next set of products that will be coming are going to be largely designed in-house by us and manufactured, sold and supported by us. These products are going to come in the next quarter." Singh said.

Link:

https://tech.economictimes.indiatime...india/63941587

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    05-09-18 08:07 AM
    I thought we were in Q2.
    05-09-18 09:45 AM
    My point was that Singh is the antithesis of Chen, the charismatic leader that like Elon Musk overpromises and underdelivers. The problems Tesla is having in the capital markets demonstrates this.

In contrast, even BBMo/TCL leaders are quiet in comparison to Singh. Their retail plans were quiet until two stores announced last week. Just and observation..
    05-09-18 01:17 PM
    My point was that Singh is the antithesis of Chen, the charismatic leader that like Elon Musk overpromises and underdelivers. The problems Tesla is having in the capital markets demonstrates this.

In contrast, even BBMo/TCL leaders are quiet in comparison to Singh. Their retail plans were quiet until two stores announced last week. Just and observation..
    Over promises.... like the two devices that were only a month out last year? Or the statements about 10% of the Indian market? Singh did recently launch a couple of new devices (non-BlackBerries) under a new brand that they are developing. Wonder how similar those devices will be to the Ghost...

But at this point the Optiemus Infracom webpage shows up as a security risk... much like the BBMo site did a few months ago. So hard to say what they are doing.
    05-09-18 01:42 PM
    Over promises.... like the two devices that were only a month out last year? Or the statements about 10% of the Indian market? Singh did recently launch a couple of new devices (non-BlackBerries) under a new brand that they are developing. Wonder how similar those devices will be to the Ghost...

But at this point the Optiemus Infracom webpage shows up as a security risk... much like the BBMo site did a few months ago. So hard to say what they are doing.
    The webpage says We are working on something amazing. We will be right back.

The brand's name is Kult. Hope the new BlackBerry devices don't look anything like Kult phones.
    05-09-18 02:46 PM
    I thought we were in Q2.
    In India, the financial year starts from April.
    My bad.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    05-09-18 06:59 PM
    In India, the financial year starts from April.
    My bad.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    So the Ghost is moved back to middle to late summer.... if ever.

Really don't see the point.... makes more sense to use TCL's Motion. Optiemus trying to build their own phone and sticking BlackBerry's software in it won't be too hard. It's the providing of updates that I don't see Optiemus being in a position to offer. If the Ghost and Ghost Pro come, I would not be surprised if they don't follow the Aurora in the update department.
    05-10-18 08:31 AM
    I'm sorry but the correct terminology in old school BlackBerry speak is ---- "coming soon"
    AmritD likes this.
    05-10-18 09:26 AM
    So the Ghost is moved back to middle to late summer.... if ever.

Really don't see the point.... makes more sense to use TCL's Motion. Optiemus trying to build their own phone and sticking BlackBerry's software in it won't be too hard. It's the providing of updates that I don't see Optiemus being in a position to offer. If the Ghost and Ghost Pro come, I would not be surprised if they don't follow the Aurora in the update department.
    Well actually, there is no point in using the Motion. It would never sell at that price point in India.
    Regarding updates, even I am skeptical but I think of whatever I have read, it won't be same as the Aurora but difficult to predict anything right now.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    05-10-18 06:54 PM
    Well actually, there is no point in using the Motion. It would never sell at that price point in India.
    Regarding updates, even I am skeptical but I think of whatever I have read, it won't be same as the Aurora but difficult to predict anything right now.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    And what price point do you expect the Ghost and Ghost Pro to be at?
    05-11-18 07:11 AM
    And what price point do you expect the Ghost and Ghost Pro to be at?
    Something between 32K-36K

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    05-11-18 06:36 PM
    Something between 32K-36K

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    So doesn't that put it in the same price range of the Motion?
    05-14-18 08:02 AM
    So doesn't that put it in the same price range of the Motion?
    Yes, but the Motion I believe will have much better internals.
    I think it will trump the Motion on everything except maybe build quality and battery size.

Z30STA100-2/10.3.3.2163
    05-14-18 06:22 PM
83 1234