Some info here...

https://indianexpress.com/article/te...dates-5287645/

So the Evolve is about Rs 25,000 = $475CAD
    Evolve X Rs 35,000 = $665 CAD
    Last edited by Brai7; 08-02-18 at 03:01 AM.
    08-02-18 02:43 AM
    It looks like a slightly less crappy Motion with 2016 bezels... Par for the course for Blackberry.
    08-02-18 03:51 AM
    BlackBerry has launched the Evolve and EvolveX in New Delhi ,with prices of ₹24999and 34,999 . Evolve features dual 13 and 12 mp cameras and EvolveX with pair of 13mp cameras.
    Evolve X has a 16 MP front camera and a 13 x 13 MP rear cameras. I read it on the packaging posted on Twitter. I think Evolve has similar. 16 MP front camera--interesting.
    08-02-18 04:27 AM
    Where is the rumored bezelless design? 😐
    08-02-18 04:32 AM
    I'm glad they're releasing to some new models I just wish they'd create one that could compete with flagships on the same level. my Key2 is awesome and after playing with this phone for a month now I realise that it can do so many things that I wish other phones could. In a slab phone they could really wow the market with some of the features they use. A snapdragon 450 is just not good enough in this day and age.
    08-02-18 06:28 AM
    It looks like a slightly less crappy Motion with 2016 bezels... Par for the course for Blackberry.
    Optiemus.
    08-02-18 07:58 AM
    Available everywhere. You just need to import it from India.
    We can purchase these phones ? Ie I live in Canada, nbut will it work on our carrier ( Telus).
    08-02-18 08:01 AM
    We can purchase these phones ? Ie I live in Canada, nbut will it work on our carrier ( Telus).
    If you wish to import the phone from India and have no local support, then sure.

It doesn't have all the bands, but will work fairly well.
    08-02-18 08:03 AM
    If you wish to import the phone from India and have no local support, then sure.

Conite , when u say local support, ur referring to support as in warranty eh . So these phones will work as they should on my network here in Vancouver correct.
    Have u personally done what it is I'm asking , bought a phone out side of were u live with no support be for ?
    08-02-18 08:11 AM

Sry just re read ur post , it will work fairly well ?? Hmm .
    I am in Canada on the west coast Vancouver BC.. Will it be OK here
    Cheers 👍
    08-02-18 08:12 AM
    Conite , when u say local support, ur referring to support as in warranty eh . So these phones will work as they should on my network here in Vancouver correct.
    Have u personally done what it is I'm asking , bought a phone out side of were u live with no support be for ?
    No I haven't. And for good reason.
    08-02-18 08:14 AM
    08-02-18 09:47 AM
    I don't think I will be "downgrading" to Evolve from my Keyone...
    the_boon likes this.
    08-02-18 11:56 AM
    Take my money please!
    08-02-18 01:09 PM
    I'm glad they're releasing to some new models I just wish they'd create one that could compete with flagships on the same level. my Key2 is awesome and after playing with this phone for a month now I realise that it can do so many things that I wish other phones could. In a slab phone they could really wow the market with some of the features they use. A snapdragon 450 is just not good enough in this day and age.
    The QC450 in the Evolve is about 80-90% of the 625 in the KeyOne. Against the 3GB version KeyOne, my guess is it'd be hard to tell the difference except in edge cases. The Evolve is just priced $100 too high, but it looks like the general Indian smartphone market is not the target.
    08-02-18 01:21 PM
    Looks nice but there’s a lot we need to know. Like the face unlock... can it be spoof by a picture like Samsung?

To be a game changer, I think you need the device to offer something unique. Like when Samsung introduced edge to edge OLED displays... competition was left scrambling.

Or Apple consistently offering the fastest processors and recently the only face unlock that is approved for mobile payment.
    08-02-18 01:45 PM
    Why they are releasing the Evolve x with better specs than the Evolve.
    08-02-18 03:32 PM
    I have... four times in the last 18 months (I live in Canada and have imported the UK KEYone, India Black Edition KEYone, UAE Bronze Edition KEYone and EU Motion).

You are definitely taking a chance importing a non-regional phone to your home country and it's not something I would recommend if you're not comfortable with the fact that if something goes wrong, you'll have to go through a ton of hoops and spend more money to get it resolved.

I'm basically gambling every time I do it, but I'm OK with that because that's the risk I'm willing to take to get my hands on a dual sim BlackBerry. It's certainly not everyone's cup of tea.
    Qorax likes this.
    08-02-18 05:15 PM
    What a shame that they haven't announced its availability in markets other than Asia. The X model is the vkb version of the Key2 and being that the Key2 is available all over, you would think Optiemus would want to follow suit and generate any additional revenue. I suppose it would cost money to bring it to other markets as well though. At that point they would have to determine if they could recoup that additional cost.
    Last edited by jackcarr; 08-02-18 at 07:19 PM.
    08-02-18 07:07 PM
    What a shame that they haven't announced its availability in markets other than Asia. The X model is the vkb version of the Key2 and being that the Key2 is available all over, you would think Optiemus would want to follow suit.
    That's up to Optiemus I guess. Do they have the channels to push the device to other markets? I have no interest. It's pretty much motion specs with a little faster processor.
    08-02-18 07:12 PM
    That's up to Optiemus I guess. Do they have the channels to push the device to other markets? I have no interest. It's pretty much motion specs with a little faster processor.
    You say that now, but we all know that the Evolve will end up in your BB museum at some point! It's only a matter of time!
    Qorax likes this.
    08-02-18 07:15 PM
    You say that now, but we all know that the Evolve will end up in your BB museum at some point! It's only a matter of time!
    Probably in a couple years. The aurora is getting cheap enough I'm considering adding that soon.
    08-02-18 07:16 PM
    Hmmmm. All you ever hear in here is that a pkb is the only way and that one has to be on a BlackBerry to get work done. I’m seeing a lot of “this device is amazing” posts now that BB has made another slab. Weird.
    08-03-18 07:25 AM
    Hmmmm. All you ever hear in here is that a pkb is the only way and that one has to be on a BlackBerry to get work done. I’m seeing a lot of “this device is amazing” posts now that BB has made another slab. Weird.
    It's not the only way, but it's just really more enjoyable on a pkb and doesn't push you to reach for your laptop as often
    08-03-18 07:27 AM
    Do people in India buy mostly from carriers? I had the feeling that wasn't the case....
    Nope, buy an unlocked device and slap in your preferred carrier sim...the buy a phone from airtime and have it locked for a pre determined period is just catching on
    08-03-18 09:34 AM
97 1234