Kind of a shame they didn't continue on with these devices. I mean, sure they weren't the best but at least it was something BlackBerry in the market.
    Jake2826 likes this.
    05-09-20 09:45 PM
    Yeah a shame that there weren't enough NA bands... or that the Evolve X never made it to market.

That and the OS being stuck...

But it was a big improvement over the Motion.
    chain13 likes this.
    05-11-20 08:06 AM
    I'd buy one for sure.
    05-11-20 04:10 PM
    Still using the Evolve in the UK despite cracking the screen. no issues and it does everything I throw at it ! plus I have a spare when /if this one finally dies !
    Jake2826 and PantherBlitz like this.
    05-13-20 11:22 PM
    Still using the Evolve in the UK despite cracking the screen. no issues and it does everything I throw at it ! plus I have a spare when /if this one finally dies !
    Yeah most folks seem very happy with it... as long as it works in their market.

The updates and patches are a disappointment... but many can live with that, to own the last great BlackBerry slab.
    05-14-20 11:59 AM
    I've checked out the Evolve . It doesn't have the short cut button that every Blackberry should have, and the design is nothing special.
    I'm using my Motion as my second phone and it works great. The quality and the design is better than any slab I've seen on the market. In fact, the materials are the best of any of the TCL phones.
    So, the Evolve was an involution
    05-21-20 07:58 AM
    I've checked out the Evolve . It doesn't have the short cut button that every Blackberry should have, and the design is nothing special.
    I'm using my Motion as my second phone and it works great. The quality and the design is better than any slab I've seen on the market. In fact, the materials are the best of any of the TCL phones.
    So, the Evolve was an involution
    I've bought LG V30 for $80 USD or so and BlackBerry Motion for $240 USD or so. I'd buy the BlackBerry Evolve if $50 USD or less. That's based on lack of compatibility on USA carriers so WiFi only capabilities. I'd use as replacement for my Z3/Q5 Hardware that I use for CrackBerry in my living room.

Posted via CB10
    05-21-20 04:08 PM
    I just purchased one brand new on eBay. never had a BlackBerry with virtual keyboard.
    Also I am not really used to (this older) Android version. The keyboard is kinda cool with the suggestions and I can type really fast on it.
    The hub is looking a bit different than on my Classic but is really cool.
    I like it so far. Never thought it would work this good.
    Issues I had so far: Dropping and removing the connected Bluetooth phones in my car.
    In general I really like it so far.
    Last edited by xjawax; 09-22-20 at 01:17 PM.
    09-21-20 12:45 PM
    I would like to add that the sound is great and fingerprint sensor works good.
    Coxwain likes this.
    09-21-20 12:46 PM
    I would like to add that the sound is great and fingerprint sensor works good.
    Actually I forgot that this is my second BlackBerry with a virtual keyboard. Used to own the BB Storm as well
    Coxwain likes this.
    09-21-20 12:52 PM
    do these work in Canada on Rogers?
    Also, what is the most recent OS you can run? 8?
    03-26-21 11:24 AM
    do these work in Canada on Rogers?
    Also, what is the most recent OS you can run? 8?
    No.

Android 8.
    03-26-21 11:34 AM
    Went to india this last summer, local phone market in our city from where 1.3 million people buy all smartphones. Asked a shop owner about key2 and he asked to see the device, was totally blown by the looks and said ‘Yeah, no wonder they cost over over a lakh (100.000)Indian currency.

I tried finding my old contact from whom I bought my Z3 Classic and Q10 in my college days perhaps the only one who dealt with BlackBerry that time(2011-14) but couldn’t find him. Then the shop owner further went to say that lot of people comes in asking for BlackBerry passport or other devices but we don’t have any so they end up buying something else. Optiemus should be ashamed that now made in india BlackBerry devices aren’t on the shelves or display in one of the biggest and famous phone markets.BlackBerry is still considered status symbol there and people still see it as business devices and they buy it to look different or having something unique in hand mostly college students like I was, I’m just saying that there are markets that could be so easily gained back, all you need is a hoarding on big freeway with device features n price. But nah BlackBerry fell in wrong hands long time ago.
    01-19-22 01:45 AM
    Went to india this last summer, local phone market in our city from where 1.3 million people buy all smartphones. Asked a shop owner about key2 and he asked to see the device, was totally blown by the looks and said ‘Yeah, no wonder they cost over over a lakh (100.000)Indian currency.

I tried finding my old contact from whom I bought my Z3 Classic and Q10 in my college days perhaps the only one who dealt with BlackBerry that time(2011-14) but couldn’t find him. Then the shop owner further went to say that lot of people comes in asking for BlackBerry passport or other devices but we don’t have any so they end up buying something else. Optiemus should be ashamed that now made in india BlackBerry devices aren’t on the shelves or display in one of the biggest and famous phone markets.BlackBerry is still considered status symbol there and people still see it as business devices and they buy it to look different or having something unique in hand mostly college students like I was, I’m just saying that there are markets that could be so easily gained back, all you need is a hoarding on big freeway with device features n price. But nah BlackBerry fell in wrong hands long time ago.
    Optiemus lost millions trying to use the BlackBerry name... they are ashamed.

BlackBerry tired selling phones in India for years, and had no real sucess with the Q10, Classic or Passport... even did the Z3 that was mostly for India and Indonesia. BB Merah Putih in association with Optimus offered the Aurora there, and TCL with Optiemus did offer the KEYone there as well. Where were all these customers?

I do agree it was silly for Optiemus not to offer their own PKB phone... but my guess is their sales of the KEYone showed them that a PKB really wasn't what the market wanted. Sadly a device that carried a hefty premium for the BlackBerry name, security and software... wasn't wanted either.

That one shop that once did well with BlackBerry phone still get a few folks asking about them... does not a market make. There are thousands here on CrackBerry wanting a new BlackBerry...
    01-19-22 07:43 AM