Any rumor, news, announcement about this?
    08-03-18 05:07 PM
    as long as you're buying it on your computer in the US.
    But no word on carriers picking it up yet.
    08-03-18 05:27 PM
    08-03-18 05:31 PM
    Did the Optiemus BlackBerry KEYone dual-sim ever get out of India?
    08-03-18 06:43 PM
    Did the Optiemus BlackBerry KEYone dual-sim ever get out of India?
    No. The BBB100-7 sold in Indonesia is a similar system, except with BB Merah Putih taking the credit for TCL's labor instead of Optiemus.
    08-03-18 07:26 PM
    No. The BBB100-7 sold in Indonesia is a similar system, except with BB Merah Putih taking the credit for TCL's labor instead of Optiemus.
    Exactly.
    08-03-18 07:36 PM
    This may be a stupid question but why wouldn't this device be sold in North America? (Canada - Rogers)

What's the deal with this not being sold anywhere else but India?

once again, sorry if this is a stupid question, I just have no idea why!
    08-04-18 10:14 AM
    I'd be interested in the Evolve here in Canada as well. It looks like a really nice device. Hope BB decides to give this part of the world something new.
    dan99x99 and aodash like this.
    08-04-18 06:32 PM
    I have my credit card ready !! take my money !! this is what I've been looking for ! phablet size all touch , the only reason I got Keyone is because my PRIV died and no touch screen blackberry... motion is definitely not my cup of tea with that nasty scanner in the front on that huge bezel
    08-04-18 06:47 PM
    This may be a stupid question but why wouldn't this device be sold in North America? (Canada - Rogers)

Well the motion debuted this year and the fact that it's not available for north America means that the motion will get the oreo at some point. It's not that much different from the motion , just 5 inches in screen size.
    08-04-18 08:52 PM

The Indian licensee that makes the device is Optiemus. TCL/BBMo holds the license for North America (and pretty much everywhere but India and Indonesia) so Optiemus can only sell device to BBMo/TCL if they want to sell it.
    08-04-18 09:39 PM
    disregard this post
    08-05-18 12:04 AM
    Well the motion debuted this year and the fact that it's not available for north America means that the motion will get the oreo at some point. It's not that much different from the motion , just 5 inches in screen size.
    I can get the Motion in Saskatchewan Canada

08-05-18 12:05 AM

Because the company that is introducing it, Optiemus Infracom, only has the licensing rights from BlackBerry to sell in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh. If they wanted to sell it in Canada, they would need to make agreements with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile who have the licensing rights in Canada. If they wanted to sell it in Indonesia, they would have to make agreements with BB PT Merha Puteh, who have the licensing rights for BlackBerry in Indonesia.

tl;dr: They didn't pay BlackBerry to use the BlackBerry name outside of India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh.
    08-05-18 12:12 AM
    Well explained. And this is why, if TCL who does have those rights, doesn't come out with a version of this device for market outside of Optiemus ' licensed market area, most of us won't ever see it. To most of us, it really will be like a "ghost."
    Mansuet likes this.
    08-05-18 03:02 AM
    Because the company that is introducing it, Optiemus Infracom, only has the licensing rights from BlackBerry to sell in India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh. If they wanted to sell it in Canada, they would need to make agreements with TCL/BlackBerry Mobile who have the licensing rights in Canada. If they wanted to sell it in Indonesia, they would have to make agreements with BB PT Merha Puteh, who have the licensing rights for BlackBerry in Indonesia.

tl;dr: They didn't pay BlackBerry to use the BlackBerry name outside of India, Sri Lanka, Nepal and Bangladesh.
    So why wouldn't they make an agreement with TLC? Wouldn't BlackBerry consider this a good opportunity to sell the phone. North America is a pretty big market lost in my opinion. (Despite the decrease in popularity of BlackBerry in the region)
    08-05-18 10:37 AM
    So why wouldn't they make an agreement with TLC? Wouldn't BlackBerry consider this a good opportunity to sell the phone. North America is a pretty big market lost in my opinion. (Despite the decrease in popularity of BlackBerry in the region)
    You're still not getting it if you keep referring back to BlackBerry and asking why. It's not on BlackBerry. They don't care either way. They've already collected their licensing fees. Your question is still in line, though, because it's on Optiemus to make a deal with TCL to distribute it in North America, since TCL has the right in North America, as explained in my earlier post.

And who knows? Maybe it's not worth it to Optiemus? Maybe they don't think it'll sell or it'll cost too much after import fees and such or they don't want to deal with legalities of it all or maybe they just want to have a device that is strictly for Indian people given it was built under the 'Make in India' inititiative or perhaps TCL don't want it in their lineup. Lots of reasons.
    08-05-18 01:56 PM
    This thread speaks to how far BlackBerry have fallen. The brand is so fragmented with all the regional licensees.
    dantheman77 likes this.
    08-05-18 03:09 PM
    This thread speaks to how far BlackBerry have fallen. The brand is so fragmented with all the regional licensees.
    Fallen? BB exited hardware. You cannot really get any lower. That was happening whether or not anyone licensed the brand. The fact that BB has three licensees means some devices for some people instead of no devices for no one. While not like the old days, it could be far worse.
    08-05-18 07:22 PM
    The Indian licensee that makes the device is Optiemus. TCL/BBMo holds the license for North America (and pretty much everywhere but India and Indonesia) so Optiemus can only sell device to BBMo/TCL if they want to sell it.
    Agreed your point , but TCL china manufacturering BlackBerry phones are for china market users ,it phones are not pre loaded Google ,gmail ,FB,and cant use VPN features.
    08-27-18 07:53 PM
    The device needs to have a decent uptake, like in thousands per quarter, not 100's per quarter as it is now for it to be considered as a success with the BlackBerry faithful. Doubt even that would make Optiemus tie up with TCL/BB Merah Putih and pay them whatever money they earned to launch the same thing in other markets.

TCL/Merah Putih may have their own slabs lined up for cheaper prices like the Evolve, which is the whole idea of the licensing agreement with BlackBerry Canada. It could be the other way round too, where TCl/Merah Putih place an order to Optiemus for the guinea pigs they want to sell limited and unsupported devices too, ala Dtek/Aurora series.
    08-29-18 01:14 AM
    The Evolve X will most likely be available on the grey market through sellers like PDA Plaza. When it does, you can bet I'll be all over it. LOVE the BB branding on the front of the phone!
    08-30-18 05:41 PM
    The Evolve X will most likely be available on the grey market through sellers like PDA Plaza. When it does, you can bet I'll be all over it. LOVE the BB branding on the front of the phone!
    PDA Plaza emailed me suggesting they weren't carrying additional new blackberries any time soon.
    10-03-18 09:46 PM
    PDA Plaza emailed me suggesting they weren't carrying additional new blackberries any time soon.
    Interesting. I wonder if they're having problems moving their current units. Maybe BBs don't well for them. That's a shame if that's the case.
    10-03-18 09:56 PM
    Interesting. I wonder if they're having problems moving their current units. Maybe BBs don't well for them. That's a shame if that's the case.
    Based on what you read on CrackBerry regarding PDA Plaza, maybe the problem is with too many returns.
    10-04-18 01:07 AM
54 123