Android 10 will be officially live very soon and we Blackberrians still waiting for Android Pie. This is the first time I'm using BlackBerry and I don't know it's BlackBerry fault or Optimus infracom fault, I never saw such useless support. This might be first and last BlackBerry mobile. Bye the way I am using Evovle and from India. Where is my Pie and monthly security updates idiots!
    08-22-19 10:42 AM
    Android 10 will be officially live very soon and we Blackberrians still waiting for Android Pie. This is the first time I'm using BlackBerry and I don't know it's BlackBerry fault or Optimus infracom fault, I never saw such useless support. This might be first and last BlackBerry mobile. Bye the way I am using Evovle and from India. Where is my Pie and monthly security updates idiots!
    Ok.

Although BlackBerry Mobile is the only company that is COMPLETELY blameless. Optiemus is ultimately responsible for the device, and BlackBerry Limited's job is to supply patches and upgrades when paid by Optiemus to do so.
    08-22-19 10:52 AM
    Please read my message thoroughly. I'm blaming the one who is blamable.
    08-22-19 11:08 AM
    Please read my message thoroughly. I'm blaming the one who is blamable.
    Reading thoroughly, and you say you don't know who to blame.

Conite is telling you that it's Optiemus. They are the ones that supported the device, and they are the ones that decided, on their own, to drop it.
    08-22-19 11:40 AM
    Reading thoroughly, and you say you don't know who to blame.

Conite is telling you that it's Optiemus. They are the ones that supported the device, and they are the ones that decided, on their own, to drop it.
    Yes, I am blaming optiemus only. They purchased license and left BlackBerry in the middle in India and if BlackBerry comes back to India on its own or through a third party again no one will beleive in if they also come up with some good mobiles. At present what is the future of current BlackBerry users under optiemus.
    08-22-19 11:46 AM
    Well, for now, it's all in limbo.

We're not sure if TCL will continue for everywhere else at this point. Unless there's some last minute breakthrough.
    08-22-19 11:49 AM
    Anyone who bought a BB10 or Android Secure powered phone... should have know there was some risk. When I bought my Z10 I knew that BlackBerry was in trouble... still did it.

OP you can complain to Optiemus, but bottom line they haven't paid BlackBerry what they owe them... much-less for BlackBerry to work on PIE. By all account I expect BlackBerry Mobile India (under Optiemus) to be over with. Other than selling what remaining product they have on hand.

And being there is no sign of PIE for BBMo either.....
    08-22-19 11:51 AM
    ....Optiemus. They are the ones that supported the device, and they are the ones that decided, on their own, to drop it.
    Smart! They saw the writing on the wall (much like some active members around here) materializing today by the obvious BlackBerry Mobile demise...
    08-22-19 11:58 AM
    Smart! They saw the writing on the wall (much like some active members around here) materializing today by the obvious BlackBerry Mobile demise...
    Smart might have been sticking to their initial gut feeling and not releasing anything. Problem is they owned BlackBerry for the licensing deal, so I think it was "what have we got to loose" situation.
    08-22-19 01:10 PM
    What was the use in buying the license if they are not capable of marketing a brand which is a king once and also a top brand every time. And why can't BlackBerry analyse the face value and the capabilities of this useless vendor.
    08-22-19 01:36 PM
    See the screenshot, it is saying Jan MR update and my mobile is running on November security patch. Anyone please clarify.
    Attached Thumbnails Android 10 is coming what about Pie evolve-screenshot_20190823-001103.jpg  
    08-22-19 01:44 PM
    See the screenshot, it is saying Jan MR update and my mobile is running on November security patch. Anyone please clarify.
    I "think" January was just a manufactures maintenance release... but still the old Android Patch date.
    Raghu Guddati likes this.
    08-22-19 02:27 PM
    What was the use in buying the license if they are not capable of marketing a brand which is a king once and also a top brand every time. And why can't BlackBerry analyse the face value and the capabilities of this useless vendor.
    They made a bet and it didn't work out. Beggars can't be choosers.

Not that you could vote with your wallet and refuse to buy future devices anyway, since the Optiemus deal seems as dead as disco.
    08-22-19 05:03 PM

Not that you could vote with your wallet and refuse to buy future devices anyway, since the Optiemus deal seems as dead as disco.
    Same with KEYone owners that taught they'd get three years of patches or KEY2 owners that taught they'd get three years of patches and at least PIE (some last year taught they'd get Q too). Can't punish a company already ending things.
    anon(10218918) and elfabio80 like this.
    08-23-19 10:24 AM
    What was the use in buying the license if they are not capable of marketing a brand which is a king once
    Ten years ago. That's a very long time in the tech world.
    08-23-19 10:56 AM
    Ten years ago. That's a very long time in the tech world.
    I'm not even sure BlackBerry really was ever the king. Few sales charts I've looked at from 2007, 2008 and 2009, shows Nokia selling more smartphones than anyone.

Here in the US, BlackBerry was the king.... Nokia smartphones weren't a factor here. Not sure about India.

Samsung was a nobody back then...
    John Albert likes this.
    08-23-19 11:31 AM
    since no one actually knows the true situation it could very well be the fault of BlackBerry (Canada) ....4 partners including Emtek and 3 possible failures .....either someone didn't do their sums or someone asked for too much ...either way end result is the same
    melhiore, John Albert and Mecca EL like this.
    08-23-19 02:03 PM
    since no one actually knows the true situation it could very well be the fault of BlackBerry (Canada) ....4 partners including Emtek and 3 possible failures .....either someone didn't do their sums or someone asked for too much ...either way end result is the same
    I don't think it was BlackBerry's fault... it's just what they were offering didn't really have a place in the ever changing smartphone world. It was a good idea back in 2014, but by 2017 there was little value in the BlackBerry name (BB10 users were long gone) and most big OEM were doing regular security patches already. Heck even budget phones under the Android One program had patches on a regular basis.

So there was no place for a BlackBerry Slab (Motion, Aurora or Evolve).... the KEYone did "ok" as it was the first full PKB Android phone in YEARS... but that market might not support another new PKB for a few years or at all.
    08-23-19 02:42 PM

I am now compelled to respond to the "disco is dead" analogy... but on the other hand , I think of Android itself as disco, lots of flash to pan...
    08-23-19 06:32 PM
    I am now compelled to respond to the "disco is dead" analogy... but on the other hand , I think of Android itself as disco, lots of flash to pan...
    Android has doubled BB10's lifespan and surpassed BBOS's, and is on 88% of new smartphones sold worldwide. You may not like it, but you can't argue it's success, or make any credible suggestion that it's in any kind of trouble with marketshare.
    Mecca EL likes this.
    08-23-19 07:23 PM
    Android has doubled BB10's lifespan and surpassed BBOS's, and is on 88% of new smartphones sold worldwide. You may not like it, but you can't argue it's success, or make any credible suggestion that it's in any kind of trouble with marketshare.
    After all those countless Android desserts, I think bb10 was the real treat.
    08-23-19 07:41 PM
    My response was Bee Gees "Tragedy" but I'm having difficulties attaching link.. Anyways
    i_plod_an_dr_void likes this.
    08-23-19 08:59 PM
    My response was Bee Gees "Tragedy" but I'm having difficulties attaching link.. Anyways
    That's just what a BB10 owner sings when she's dropped her BB10 in the toilet after getting a little tipsey with the disco ball and all, no ip67 .
    08-23-19 10:43 PM