Evleaks said that Ghost mobile will have 4000mah battery which is highest battery ever on a flagship device..
    Looks great with dual cameras, huge battery and Bb security.
    If they price it Right, it will beat one plus
    07-05-18 09:22 AM
    That's where the problem lies.
    Don't think Optiemus can or is willing to take on One Plus.

ClassicSQC100-1/10.3.3.2163
    07-05-18 09:34 AM
    If.
    Vignesh Thamburaj likes this.
    07-05-18 09:38 AM
    That's where the problem lies.
    Don't think Optiemus can or is willing to take on One Plus.

Why you are saying like this. If the specs are good and price it correctly, there is a chance..
    07-05-18 09:39 AM
    Flagship device??? Sorry but those weren't flagship specs, and there are lots and lots of phones with larger batteries and those types of specs already in the Indian market.

That said... Optiemus hasn't said anything else about it. Their website has been down for two months (not a good sign). And Singh's quarter is up... and still no phones. Sadly if you go back to last year, he did the same thing. Talked about two phone, up until about a month before they were suppose to have launched.

Based on the Aurora and Motion... I really don't see a reason to bother launching any BlackBerry SLABS at this point. Especially in a market like India.
    rajashekar sanga likes this.
    07-05-18 09:44 AM
    If.
    You are right. As far indian market price is the key.. even Asus realized it lately and released new flagship yesterday with $500 to take on one plus.
    Let's see what BB india plan is
    07-05-18 09:46 AM
    Flagship device??? Sorry but those weren't flagship specs, and there are lots and lots of phones with larger batteries and those types of specs already in the Indian market.

That said... Optiemus hasn't said anything else about it. Their website has been down for two months (not a good sign). And Singh's quarter is up... and still no phones. Sadly if you go back to last year, he did the same thing. Talked about two phone, up until about a month before they were suppose to have launched.

Based on the Aurora and Motion... I really don't see a reason to bother launching any BlackBerry SLABS at this point. Especially in a market like India.
    Actually, i lost the hope on Optiemus words, but I believe evleaks, he stated it as flagship phone. Hence holding to that
    07-05-18 09:47 AM

I agree, the keyboards are good, but price of those devices will not work here. Atleast i m waiting to see the price of ghost.
    07-05-18 09:52 AM
    Actually, i lost the hope on Optiemus words, but I believe evleaks, he stated it as flagship phone. Hence holding to that
    I don't think he said flagship... he said premium. It's pretty clear those two words don't mean the same thing.

I agree, the keyboards are good, but price of those devices will not work here. Atleast i m waiting to see the price of ghost.
    Neither the Aurora or Motion had Keyboards... the cost really isn't in the keyboard, as the JioPhone 2 is less than $50 USD. The cost is in the Licensing (Brand, Android Secure, Suite of Apps) and the Updates. Optiemus could opt out of offering regular updates and save a little. But either way I expect there would be about $150 USD premium on whatever hardware design they come up with.

But as you said... the cost just isn't going to work.
    07-05-18 10:11 AM
    I don't think he said flagship... he said premium. It's pretty clear those two words don't mean the same thing.

Neither the Aurora or Motion had Keyboards... the cost really isn't in the keyboard, as the JioPhone 2 is less than $50 USD. The cost is in the Licensing (Brand, Android Secure, Suite of Apps) and the Updates. Optiemus could opt out of offering regular updates and save a little. But either way I expect there would be about $150 USD premium on whatever hardware design they come up with.

But as you said... the cost just isn't going to work.
    Below is the SD where he mentioned as flagship class device
    Attached Thumbnails 4000mah for Ghost??-screenshot_20180705-204906.jpg  
    07-05-18 10:20 AM
    I don't follow him... didn't know he posted something new today.

Have to see if they actually release something.... But a BlackBerry Flagship at a price that is "reasonable"... that would be something to see.
    07-05-18 11:26 AM
    I don't follow him... didn't know he posted something new today.

Have to see if they actually release something.... But a BlackBerry Flagship at a price that is "reasonable"... that would be something to see.
    Hmm. Agreed, my only hope is this device is designed and developed by a local company optiemus, they know abt indian markets. Will they price it aggressive or keep the standards high in the name of BB. Time will let us know
    07-05-18 12:42 PM
    If this phone came to Canada I would seriously consider it.
    07-05-18 04:11 PM
    With all due respect, the Motion was nothing but a HUGE success.

As a proof, i have a complete list of every single Motion owners :

- people who received it as a review unit
    - a couple of weird enthusiasts.

Posted via CB10
    07-06-18 12:08 AM
    If this phone came to Canada I would seriously consider it.
    I'm at the point of getting a Pixel 2 XL to replace my Priv. I like the KeyOne (we have two of them in our household) but I really love the size of my Priv screen for photos and video. If I knew for sure a new BlackBerry slab was coming out I would wait. Or another Priv, but that ain't gonna happen.
    07-06-18 12:18 AM
    I'm at the point of getting a Pixel 2 XL to replace my Priv. I like the KeyOne (we have two of them in our household) but I really love the size of my Priv screen for photos and video. If I knew for sure a new BlackBerry slab was coming out I would wait. Or another Priv, but that ain't gonna happen.
    Just wait for ghost. Hopefully will get some news about it in this month
    07-06-18 12:12 PM
    Just wait for ghost. Hopefully will get some news about it in this month
    I don't think it will be available in North America.
    07-06-18 01:21 PM
    I don't think it will be available in North America.
    Probably not, and in the unlikely event it would be released outside of India, then it would be essentially a refresh of the Motion. The Pixel 2 XL is better.
    gebco likes this.
    07-06-18 01:22 PM
    Unless you are in India... not sure there is much of a reason to wait. Generally those in country devices aren't good for export as they have very limited bands.
    gebco likes this.
    07-06-18 01:24 PM
    Why you are saying like this. If the specs are good and price it correctly, there is a chance..
    Because Optiemus just doesn't have the prowess to take on One Plus or Asus or Oppo.
    So the specs and price when compared to the competition are never going to match.
    Optiemus owner had said in an interview, comparing BlackBerry to merecedes. Hence any hope of them competing with the other OEMs will mostly lead to disappointment

07-07-18 01:56 AM