Yes please! My biggest concern is the size compared to the Z30, which I find to be just shout perfect.

Posted via CB10
    Here you go.

Z30  to  DTEK60-capture.png
    tonythecanuck and vagos2006 like this.
    11-04-16 05:07 PM
    Here's some more, sorry can't get them all in one post. This is z30 on top of dtek60
    Attached Thumbnails Z30  to  DTEK60-924.jpg  
    tonythecanuck likes this.
    11-04-16 07:49 PM
    Side view
    Attached Thumbnails Z30  to  DTEK60-923.jpg  
    11-04-16 07:50 PM
    One more view . Sorry the picture quality isn't too good. Took them with the classic.
    Attached Thumbnails Z30  to  DTEK60-922.jpg  
    11-04-16 07:52 PM
    don't understand how you could have all these issues with a G4. Mine runs better than my z30 ever did in every way. and never had an issue with notifications, led or sound volume, profiles, etc. too bed you didn't give it more of a chance. But be happy with your choice. that's all we can say.
    Those were hardly issues, only calendar i could not make it work. Rest are preferences...ringtones,alarm sound. Never mentioned volume...How about blend?
    11-04-16 08:17 PM
    Thanks for all the comments, sadly I will have to switch my Z10 within the next year.
    11-05-16 07:45 AM
    Thanks for all the comments, sadly I will have to switch my Z10 within the next year.
    Def go dtek60. Phones an animal
    11-05-16 08:38 AM
    Thanks for the comparative pictures. Helps. It is quite a bit larger. Can you one hand it??

Posted via CB10
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-10-16 02:18 PM
    Any idea how the DETK60 compares in size to the iPhone 6s plus. Wife has that one and it is to big for my liking.

Posted via CB10
    11-10-16 07:17 PM
    I know that the DTEK60 camera is a lot better than the Z30, but could someone take some photos of the same thing with both and post them? I'd like to get a preview of the difference I'll be getting sometime soon. Merci

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 12:14 AM
    I guess when I make the move to the Dtek60 from my beloved Z30, I will have to paint the bottom of the Dtek60 a different colour so I know which way is top and which way is bottom just by looking at it.

Posted via CB10
    11-19-16 08:35 AM
    Do it now. No comparison. DTek will blow you away.
    PhilG likes this.
    11-19-16 09:10 PM
    I switched recently as well. With extreme reluctance because I damaged the Sim holder on my Z30.

People say the 60 will blow you away. I think it's pretty obvious and grossly unfair to compare hardwares when they are a couple of years apart. Of course 60 is going to be better.

Having said that I am not happy with android. I find it clumsy and inefficient. Most things I do takes a few keystrokes more than it did on Z30.

Having said that it appears to be the only option I have since I am not going to apple and don't trust the other vendors with security. Not that I trust the BlackBerry android with security as much as I did the BlackBerry 10 or the BBOS.

So a reluctant buyer.

Posted via CB10
    Kot Prada likes this.
    11-19-16 10:00 PM
    I switched recently as well. With extreme reluctance because I damaged the Sim holder on my Z30.

People say the 60 will blow you away. I think it's pretty obvious and grossly unfair to compare hardwares when they are a couple of years apart. Of course 60 is going to be better.

Having said that I am not happy with android. I find it clumsy and inefficient. Most things I do takes a few keystrokes more than it did on Z30.

Having said that it appears to be the only option I have since I am not going to apple and don't trust the other vendors with security. Not that I trust the BlackBerry android with security as much as I did the BlackBerry 10 or the BBOS.

So a reluctant buyer.

Posted via CB10
    I have had the following BlackBerry devices:

- Torch 2 9810
    - Z30
    - Passport SE
    - Priv
    - DTEK60

Each device is fantastic in its own right, and each is very different.

I loved the Z30 for many reasons: Solid build, big bright AMOLED display, fantastic speakers, Paratek antenna, performing OS10, great BlackBerry Hub and vkb.

I agree the shift to Android takes some time, but the DTEK60 is a great device with the BlackBerry Hub and good cameras, and access to tons of Android apps.
    11-19-16 11:22 PM
    Do it now. No comparison. DTek will blow you away.
    See above.

Totally agree.
    11-20-16 08:25 AM
    See above.

Totally agree.
    I have had the following devices:

� Torch 2 (9810) slider with OS7 / pkb / vkb
    � Z30 with OS10 / vkb only
    � Passport SE with OS10 / pkb / vkb
    � PRIV slider with Android / pkb / vkb
    � Dtek60 with Android / vkb only

I can say that each of the devices was excellent each in their own right. BlackBerry has always produced quality handhelds, and more than any other manufacturer has been driven to create innovative devices to meet market wants.

I have had the DTEK60 for about ten days, and I can say the following:

- Solid, well constructed professional device.

- Thinner and lighter than the PRIV, and more rigid.

- No heating problems as with the PRIV.

- Good four speakers on DTEK60, but not as loud as the Z30.

- The DTEK60 5.5" display is slightly larger than the 5.4" on the PRIV, but the DTEK60 display seems much larger because it is brighter and colours more vibrant due to higher pixel density.

- VKB on par with PRIV since they are both Android. I still miss the performance of the original BlackBerry OS10 vkb on the Z30 and the Passport since the predictive text in multiple languages was more accurate. The BlackBerry vkb on the DTEK60 and the PRIV are very good, but not as excellent as the original OS10 version.

- Cameras: The DTEK60 21MP Camera is excellent, and in default setting produces wider panoramic shots than the PRIV 18MP camera. The 18MP camera on the PRIV is nonetheless excellent, and I have had many compliments on the photos I post on line. I find the DTEK60 21MP camera is at least as good or even better, and have had compliments on the DTEK60 21MP photos as well. I have not had problems with "low light" that some have claimed. The front facing 8MP camera on the DTEK60 is also far superior to the front facing 2MP camera on the PRIV.

- Scrolling, navigating, and Web surfing is faster on the DTEK60 both because it has a better processor than the PRIV, but also because after a year of use my PRIV has naturally slowed down as most devices do with extensive use.

- I really like the fingerprint sensor to access the phone. The phone lights up immediately. This is a first for BlackBerry.

- Charging is fast with either the stock charger or the traveller "rapid recharger."

- A case is a must since the DTEK60 is thin and slippery given the glass on both the back and front. I have put on the BlackBerry OEM "soft case.". I have also put on a screen protector. Note that the camera lens does protrude slightly with the soft case, but the camera lens protrudes on the PRIV too.

- The earphone jack is on the top of the Dtek60 where it should be, whereas it was on the bottom on the PRIV.

- So far calls seem clear. I never dropped a call with my other BlackBerry devices. Note that Z30 had the innovative Paratek antenna. Time will tell whether the DTEK60 is as good for voice calls.

- The is no pkb on the DTEK60, and I occasionally miss that.

- There is a flashing message LED on the DTEK60, but only in red.

- What I really miss is the accuracy of the original OS10 BlackBerry software on the vkb with excellent predictive text and auto correct in multiple languages, on both the Z30 and Passport SE. Neither the Android PRIV nor Dtek60 have that level of accuracy, although their vkb's are still very good.

Overall I find the DTEK60 to be a nice upgrade from the PRIV, with solid metal and glass construction, same BlackBerry features like Hub, keyboard, security, and message LED, great cameras front and back, but with access to tons of Android and Google apps. The price and free accessories available at BlackBerry and Crackberry make the DTEK60 a winner!

These are my thoughts!

TonyTheCanuck
    11-20-16 11:09 AM
    I am probably echoing a lot of folks:
    DTEK 60 pro's over Z30: Hardware. And some apps you can not or will not be able to soon to run on BBOS.
    DTEK 60 contra's against Z30: Android. Hub, contacts, general UI (I love the quick settings function of BBOS10, why can;t they make it the same on Android darnit!) and the Z30 vkb is way way better.

The general UI can't be overstated too much. The simple swipe movements of BBOS, minimising/switching apps, left is hub, right are apps, all tiles equally sized and if you close an app it is really closed (not like VLC on Android which remains with a notifiaciton symbol on top and if you swipe it away it opens again, what's up with that?). I thought the Playbook was revolutionary with its gestures and I do hope BB can one day soon make it work like that for its Android version.

I did the Priv for a few months but the keyboard is simply to small and the weight balance is, well, meh, so I used the vkb far more often and hence the DTEK 60 was an easy choice.
    11-21-16 04:27 AM

So a reluctant buyer.

Posted via CB10
    Agree. But I have some hope for Windows 10.
    11-21-16 02:48 PM
    I want to know, can I still get access to BlackBerry World? Can I still add bookmarks to my home screen which should answer the question of if I can transfer all my home screen bookmarks? Can I create contact groups? Can I backup my BlackBerry apps and restore them on my Dtek60? And my big question, does it have picture password?
    07-24-17 03:02 AM
    Agree. But I have some hope for Windows 10.
    I agree. The DTEK60 is great, but overall I prefer BlackBerry OS10. The Z30 was a fantastic device, well ahead of its time as well.

All apps worked better in OS10, particularly the wonderful multilingual keyboard. The problem was that there just weren't enough apps available.
    Last edited by tonythecanuck; 08-05-17 at 07:44 AM.
    Kot Prada likes this.
    08-02-17 10:47 AM
    I went from the Z30 to the DTEK60 via the Priv. They've all been excellent phones. Batteries last forever as I turn off what I'm not using. I've got used to typing with two thumbs on the bigger screen on the DTEK60. I find I use the iPad and laptop very little at home now as most things can be done on the phone. The DTEK60 has enough character of the Z30 for me and I stick with the BlackBerry style appearance. The Android apps are indispensable now - so much more can be done than in the old BlackBerry days.
    08-02-17 11:43 AM
    I have had the following devices:

� Torch 2 (9810) slider with OS7 / pkb / vkb
    � Z30 with OS10 / vkb only
    � Passport SE with OS10 / pkb / vkb
    � PRIV slider with Android / pkb / vkb
    � Dtek60 with Android / vkb only

I can say that each of the devices was excellent each in their own right. BlackBerry has always produced quality handhelds, and more than any other manufacturer has been driven to create innovative devices to meet market wants.

I have had the DTEK60 for about ten days, and I can say the following:

- Solid, well constructed professional device.

- Thinner and lighter than the PRIV, and more rigid.

- No heating problems as with the PRIV.

- Good four speakers on DTEK60, but not as loud as the Z30.

- The DTEK60 5.5" display is slightly larger than the 5.4" on the PRIV, but the DTEK60 display seems much larger because it is brighter and colours more vibrant due to higher pixel density.

- VKB on par with PRIV since they are both Android. I still miss the performance of the original BlackBerry OS10 vkb on the Z30 and the Passport since the predictive text in multiple languages was more accurate. The BlackBerry vkb on the DTEK60 and the PRIV are very good, but not as excellent as the original OS10 version.

- Cameras: The DTEK60 21MP Camera is excellent, and in default setting produces wider panoramic shots than the PRIV 18MP camera. The 18MP camera on the PRIV is nonetheless excellent, and I have had many compliments on the photos I post on line. I find the DTEK60 21MP camera is at least as good or even better, and have had compliments on the DTEK60 21MP photos as well. I have not had problems with "low light" that some have claimed. The front facing 8MP camera on the DTEK60 is also far superior to the front facing 2MP camera on the PRIV.

- Scrolling, navigating, and Web surfing is faster on the DTEK60 both because it has a better processor than the PRIV, but also because after a year of use my PRIV has naturally slowed down as most devices do with extensive use.

- I really like the fingerprint sensor to access the phone. The phone lights up immediately. This is a first for BlackBerry.

- Charging is fast with either the stock charger or the traveller "rapid recharger."

- A case is a must since the DTEK60 is thin and slippery given the glass on both the back and front. I have put on the BlackBerry OEM "soft case.". I have also put on a screen protector. Note that the camera lens does protrude slightly with the soft case, but the camera lens protrudes on the PRIV too.

- The earphone jack is on the top of the Dtek60 where it should be, whereas it was on the bottom on the PRIV.

- So far calls seem clear. I never dropped a call with my other BlackBerry devices. Note that Z30 had the innovative Paratek antenna. Time will tell whether the DTEK60 is as good for voice calls.

- The is no pkb on the DTEK60, and I occasionally miss that.

- There is a flashing message LED on the DTEK60, but only in red.

- What I really miss is the accuracy of the original OS10 BlackBerry software on the vkb with excellent predictive text and auto correct in multiple languages, on both the Z30 and Passport SE. Neither the Android PRIV nor Dtek60 have that level of accuracy, although their vkb's are still very good.

Overall I find the DTEK60 to be a nice upgrade from the PRIV, with solid metal and glass construction, same BlackBerry features like Hub, keyboard, security, and message LED, great cameras front and back, but with access to tons of Android and Google apps. The price and free accessories available at BlackBerry and Crackberry make the DTEK60 a winner!

These are my thoughts!

TonyTheCanuck
    Hi Tony, I trust you are well, I'm more interested to learn of the heating issue you've experienced with the priv, what is the model number and when was the device more susceptible to heating up?

Posted via CB10
    08-02-17 02:35 PM
    Any former Z30 users that went to DTEK60 out there? Any opinions, pros, cons, nice features (other than the obvious upgraded hardware, camera, memory capacity, etc), deficiencies, etc.?

Posted via CB10
    I upgraded from a Z30 to a dtek60. I really like both devices and both devices have been solid.

I can't recommend any BlackBerry device at the moment however, because like others I'm annoyed at their lack of communication to their customers and turning out KeyOne rubbish with what could have been a great phone and not taking ownership of the problems!
    08-02-17 03:56 PM
48 12