Hello Everyone,

The DTEK shutdown with 16% charge showing today in the middle of a mobile order at Tim Hortons. Extremely frustrating! Ofen when I charge to full, it reads 36% but then doesn't change for hours, even with heavy use. What is going on? What can I do? I've searched other threads and can't find the same complaint. I appreciate your input.

Best,
    Reg
    Last edited by Fire In The Bones; 02-01-21 at 10:57 PM.
    02-01-21 09:02 PM
    Hello Everyone,

The DTEK showdown with 16% charge showing today in the middle of a mobile order at Tim Hortons. Extremely frustrating! Ofen when I charge to full, it reads 36% but then doesn't change for hours, even with heavy use. What is going on with this? What can I do? I've searched other threads and can't find the same complaint. I appreciate your input.

Best,
    Reg
    I’m pretty sure that’s indicative of needing a battery replacement. Better off putting that money towards a new device.
    02-01-21 09:05 PM
    Hello Everyone,

The DTEK showdown with 16% charge showing today in the middle of a mobile order at Tim Hortons. Extremely frustrating! Ofen when I charge to full, it reads 36% but then doesn't change for hours, even with heavy use. What is going on with this? What can I do? I've searched other threads and can't find the same complaint. I appreciate your input.

Best,
    Reg
    As CF69 states - you need a new battery. That device/battery you have is getting up there in age.
    02-01-21 09:11 PM
    I’m pretty sure that’s indicative of needing a battery replacement. Better off putting that money towards a new device.
    Its your choice if you want another device ...but it's great that with a BlackBerry device you have OTHER options like replacing the battery. Here is a link to a spare battery

https://www.amazon.com/Replacement-B...UvbUpU13570343

https://batteryclerk.com/products/bl...dtek60-battery

And the thread from here on how to replace the battery

https://forums.crackberry.com/blackb...tek60-1132151/

Good luck!
    brookie229 likes this.
    02-02-21 06:20 AM
    I appreciate each of the responses! I'd like to keep the DTEK until the 5G phone is available (if possible). Seeing the 5G phone will be believing. I'll try the battery replacement. I noticed today that if I start the phone after it's charged for a few hours, the indicator reads 100%. I'm not sure yet how long the charge will last, but I'll update the thread when I know.

Thanks again,
    Reg
    02-02-21 11:04 AM
    Hello! I changed battery in dtek60, but it turns off automatically?
    06-10-21 05:31 AM