Is such a feature not important to many of us? Given these phones are expensive electronics, protection from moisture does give one a little more piece of mind that it can stand up better in the real world.
    Last edited by copperbeech; 10-29-16 at 06:24 AM.
    10-29-16 05:26 AM
    Not important to me. Just look after it!
    10-29-16 05:29 AM
    Just don't take it into the bathroom with you (good luck) and you'll be fine!

Posted via CB10
    10-29-16 06:00 AM
    Me too since I once ruined a Galaxy S3 when I entered the pool with it in my bathing shorts pocket. Every manufacturer should have it standard.
    10-29-16 06:10 AM
    Just look after it!
    Of course. But there are lots of scenarios I can envision, and none of them pie in the sky, where one would grateful for basic water resistance.
    10-29-16 06:27 AM
    Oh how did we survive all the years before water resistance was available on our smartphones?
    dietertong likes this.
    10-29-16 06:35 AM
    One can say this about most any feature.
    10-29-16 06:38 AM
    i wish it had more RAM, bigger battery, alert slider, dual SIM...but guess what that all costs money so instead of 499 the price would be 699! TCL/BB has to cut features somewhere if they want to actually move product at a fair price and still make some money themselves.
    LuvULongTime likes this.
    10-29-16 06:39 AM
    It's funny that when Xperia's had waterproofing it was viewed as a nice, but unnecessary add-on. As soon as Samsung started waterproofing their phones it's become a must have feature. To me waterproofing is like wireless charging nice to have but it does not effect my buying and decision.

Posted via the CrackBerry App for Android
    sling, 00stryder, tp2386 and 1 others like this.
    10-29-16 06:46 AM
    I'd like it, but considering that the only time I've drowned a phone it wouldn't have helped (dropped overboard on my boat!)......
    10-29-16 07:25 AM
    I'd like it, but considering that the only time I've drowned a phone it wouldn't have helped (dropped overboard on my boat!)......
    Ouch! That must have hurt. In deep ocean?
    10-31-16 08:41 AM
    While I agree that it would be nice to have waterproofing and I got spoilt when I had my S7 Edge (useful many times, kids spilling their drinks, great pics in and around pool while on vacation, heck even giving it a rinse when greasy fingers are all over it..) But to be fair not even the super expensive Pixel has it. I think like many other specs it will take a while before it becomes the norm..

I know we 'complain' about some features that are 'missing' like waterproofing, wireless charging or even a killer camera, but then if they were to include all the top of the line specs we would be complaining about the price. So I think $499 matches the specs, design, features and quality of the whole package.. I mean honestly if you want all these features look elsewhere and be ready to pay for it... if blackberry was charging $800 for the dtek60 then I guess it would be fair to complain about it...
    10-31-16 09:06 AM
    Ouch! That must have hurt. In deep ocean?
    Actually much worse than that.

At the fuel/bait dock, getting bait for fishing that day, had it on a belt clip. While descending the ladder to the boat it snagged on the ladder and fell *expertly* between the boat and dock. One inch either way and it was safe (either on deck or on dock) but no, it went right down the gap and into the drink.

The water there was murky enough that there was instantly gone, never mind that diving for it would have been off-the-charts given that it was an active commercial fuel and bait dock that we were at. Well, and the phone wasn't waterproof anyway, so.....

Yeah.
    10-31-16 10:30 AM
    Well considering it is not quite the industry standard yet, I don't see why it would have been a necessary thing for this phone. I'm sure in the near future it will be the norm, but as of today it seems to a niche feature.
    10-31-16 10:46 AM
    Agreed. I actually thinking of sending it back and keeping my dtek50. Though wish it had QC 3.0. Also Hating the rear camera lens that sticks out on dtek60. Just asking to be shattered like many S5 rear lens have.
    Last edited by mikedolo; 11-01-16 at 09:29 PM.
    11-01-16 09:15 PM
    A bag of Rice. If u where one of the lucky ones
    11-01-16 09:15 PM
    All new phones should be waterproofed nowadays. Or come with go go gadget umbrellas
    11-01-16 09:18 PM
    Why do most of you say "waterproof"??

The iPhone 7 nor the S7 are not "waterproof"!

They are water resistance only so that's a big difference. They will only last 5 seconds under water.
    11-01-16 10:46 PM
    Agreed. I actually thinking of sending it back and keeping my dtek50. Though wish it had QC 3.0. Also Hating the rear camera lens that sticks out on dtek60. Just asking to be shattered like many S5 rear lens have.
    Just because of the camera bump or is there any other reason also?

Z30STA100-2/10.3.2.2876
    11-01-16 10:58 PM
    Why do most of you say "waterproof"??

The iPhone 7 nor the S7 are not "waterproof"!

They are water resistance only so that's a big difference. They will only last 5 seconds under water.
    S7 will last 30minutes, that is nothing minor

When deciding between the LG V20 and S7 Edge I went with the S7 Edge partly due to Dust and Water Resistance, even though I have never drowned any of my gadgets, I know that I use my phones more now than ever and with them getting thinner and lighter they tend to be easier to drop, especially if your hands are wet.

Also, it's 2016, the technology to make a thin and water tight smartphone is there, why the hell not make it water resistant???
    11-01-16 11:58 PM
    I agree, every manufacturer should make them water resistant.
    11-03-16 12:03 PM
    Dust and water resistance should be the standard of all smartphones being produced in the future
    11-03-16 12:18 PM
    Dust and water resistance should be the standard of all smartphones being produced in the future
    Exactly!
    11-05-16 05:57 AM
    Those are two nice features, but many times it doesn't justify the price, rather is a justification for a feature that will inflate the cost of phones to another price scale, and in many cases, limits other functionalities . I rather have other options "standard" that some smartphones have departed from like: removable batteries, external storage, and higher capacity for internal storage at a reasonable price. There are other manufacturers that are making devices with all these features, at a lesser price.
    It makes little sense "to me" to charge the customers hundreds of dollars more for a device, because it has more available internal storage capacity, if the technology exist to equip devices with a 200+gb SD card using an external memory slot. Or to decrease the lifespan of a device because the internal power source is sealed and not easily accessible to the average consumer.
    That is what happens with many water resistant device designs, although there are water resistant designs with replaceable batteries and external memory expansion. So I like to make those features standard,for the purpose of decreasing the monthly service cost to the customer, while increasing functionality and the overall life of the unit. And make a reasonable cost structure also standard, because this is not "all" new technology. It's been around, so why does it still cost so much for some manufacturers to produce. And BlackBerry could set the example and lead the way.

A BlackBerry Fan!!!
    11-05-16 07:44 AM